The Power of Words

Discussion in 'Eastern Religions and Philosophies' started by Hermes, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

Tantra practices, chanting, singing are all equally powerful in their own subtext. I am thankful to my recent Buddhist studies to have allowed me in depth look at mantras. I was no stranger to this for I have been practicing the Kabballistic canticle the YHVH chanting.

It goes like: Anee, Yud, Hey, Vav, Hey, Adonai... Ribbono Shell Olam, Amenn.

Ribbono means Master, again G-d and the Universe with the feeling being external.

Shel means with, where the attention is put back into the body.

Olam meaning World puts the attention includes you and the world.

Amen meaning So it Is. Also the Amen and Sanskrit Olam sound close together.

2. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

In Sanskrit we do not say Olam. The word is OM and the meaning is different from Amen.

However, I take 'Beeja Mantras' (mantra seeds) to be the sounds that our ancestors made when they were dancing around the fire to the sound of beating of tree trunks in the night after consuming whatever concoction was popular with them. People later thought that the sounds have supernatural powers. Meaning that if one has not done 'Ho, ho' then the deity is not invoked.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  3. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

4. jacquisoder1

jacquisoder1 New Member

"Let no corrupt word proceed from your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." (Ephesians 4:29)

So, I would say this means that what we speak can have power to minister God's own grace to people.

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Nah, means quit talking crap.and negativity...