Why Would an Atheist Join a Faith Based Forum?

Speaking as one myself, some of us like debates and our thought to be challenged, unlike a shit load of us who just wastes their time trash talking religion all the time.

Reminds me of a story I heard once. A little boy came home from school and his mother presented him with a tray of fresh backed cookies. Overjoyed he dug right in. His mother smiled cheerfully as she brushed flour and sugar residue from her apron. "Well, aren't you going to thank me for baking those cookies for you," she asked? "There's no proof you baked them," he replied. "You may have just dusted yourself with flour and sugar to fool me!":D

Reminds me of a story I heard once. A little boy came home from school and his mother presented him with a tray of fresh backed cookies. Overjoyed he dug right in. His mother smiled cheerfully as she brushed flour and sugar residue from her apron. "Well, aren't you going to thank me for baking those cookies for you," she asked? "There's no proof you baked them," he replied. "You may have just dusted yourself with flour and sugar to fool me!":D
I've watched people make cookies, so I know where they come from.

Would the fact still stand if the cookies were poisoned?

Do tell. And what atheist religions are there. I'm genuinely curious.
I've waited but nope. No comments. DA - I think you know as much about this as I do. Is this a test or just rhetorical?
Hindu, Jain and Buddhist are three religions that accept atheism - as defined. There are others.

There's something I've always been curious about and since there seems to be a number of Atheists on the forum, I thought I'd ask. Why would an Atheist join a faith based forum?

Because of the psychological evidence that deep down they must entertain the theory that they could be wrong after all that the Universe must have caused itself to exist or always existed although this theory could prove that the scientists are wrong to claim an age for the Universe.

Do tell. And what atheist religions are there. I'm genuinely curious.
Buddhism. Which is why I think: Atheist? Ya'll ain't no Atheist .... unless you're at least a Buddhist .... because then, you can have a REAL ABSOLUTE Vocabulary to espouse REAL ABSOLUTE Atheism. [which of course that expertise would include karma & repeated birth/deaths since time immemorial]

Where do you stand on the
"I'll believe in a god when you show me proof" question.

Here is the rule of thumb:

"I'll believe in who my real father is when you show me proof" . . . . . . .

Is it evident to whom the demand is directed?

Is it evident to who would provide proof?

Having said that, let me point out the huge swatches of populaces that are so un-fortunate that they could not find their mothers; or worse cannot trust their mother's judgement or even worse a familiar conspiracy or war-time complication begrudges the seeker's quest.

How fortunate are those that have a long life of leisure to search out such quintessential truths.

Back