How Was Your Week?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Aussie Thoughts, May 29, 2016.

1. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

Just lazing about these days. Did have some amateur photogs happen by with their instructor, hoping to catch some shots of the locals. Had nothing better to do so grabbed my cam and gave them a quick tour. Think I miffed the instructor bloke a wee though.

Afterward he's looking at the shots I took, comparing them to that of his students and decides to make a lesson out of it. "Now you see here, obviously this fellow's been at this quite a while. You can see by this shot he knows just how to optimize his camera settings. What F-stop did you use here?"

"I don't know, mate. Had it on auto!" -:D

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Staff Member

I just found out an hour ago that a :kitty: I helped :kitty:sit a few times in the past just crossed the Rainbow Bridge. She was a tad younger than Tovarish iirc (but I could be mistaken.)

I also found out that I can't sign up for classes this semester because the university's suspending auditing classes (ditto P/F options.) Don't know what I'll do this semester other than twiddle my thumbs. :( I can understand, though, due to over 145,000 deaths here in the United States due to the d@mn virus.

On a positive note, I had another spend down earlier today (getting two new :kitty: t-shirts and two new pairs of bloomers plus a couple of other items that I "need".) Had to spend $1,000(US) to get some "breathing room" for the PtBs (aka my landlords.) Otherwise, I'd be penalized. Maybe I ought to have signed up for an online-only class...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I found out yesterday that I need to schedule a CT scan for (possible?) heart trouble (I also had to get blood drawn, which wasn't too bad, just a tad confusing since they changed protocols.) Good-for-something thing is that everything was taken care of through my cardiologist (he's still impressed when I greet him in Arabic! *shakehead*) Anyway, he was concerned that my heart rate was high for me (mildly so for most people, but I'm not "most people".) :rolleyes:

Both the cardiologist and his assistant laughed when they saw my shirt: it is/was the Cats Coming and Going shirt that I got during my last "spenddown" (they both howled with laughter when I showed them the back image!)

I was invited to a picnic that's going to be held tomorrow (I hope that I can find out where exactly so I can meet the newest person at my "bank", especially since she's almost as much of an ailurophile as I am [she even knows about the :kitty: cafe near me!])

I also gave someone a piece of my mind (which I can ill-afford!) They wanted to know if I had voted yet, and who I voted for. I turned to him and told him point blank that when I vote and who I vote for is none of his d@mn business. I never told my parents who I voted for (they didn't ask in the first place, but even if they did, I wouldn't tell them!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

RJM Corbet likes this.
  4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Yeah, I'm a few covid months behind getting mine...

But for you a Cat scan involves looking under sofas and beds eh?

RJM Corbet likes this.
  5. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Got the results of my a1cs, and they were bad. :( In fact, they were over 8, which is "active" diabetes, but not quite requiring insulin.

I'm hoping to get back under 6 (but not too far!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

No, they're involved in "checking under the 'hood'/'bonnet'" without prescribing antidepressants/anti-psychotics, plus they check for anomalies with my lymph nodes and several other parts of my body!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine