This Life and the Next

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Aussie Thoughts, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Maranguape

Maranguape Member

If you read the quotes I put down as evidences to my assertion, it makes irrelevant to consult another religion or their sacred book for that matter. They all have their own way to pray. Even the NT, they have their own way to pray, if not to Jesus, in the name of Jesus. And that's beyond the Jewish validation because Jesus has been dead for over 2000 years and, it is not Jewish at all to pray in the name of the dead.

2. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

Except, this is neither the Judaism section nor is this forum exclusive to Judaism. It is an interfaith forum representing many different faiths, religions, beliefs and perspectives. No one faith is promoted over any other here.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Aussie Thoughts likes this.
  3. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

Chance of us seeing eye to eye on the meaning of scripture or the validity of doctrine other than the one you subscribe to are nil, but like I told you way back on page #1...

4. Namaste Jesus

So how is the little one these days? Are folks still saying she's your Nanna Gymea's reincarnate?

5. Aussie Thoughts

Pretty much. I've just come to accept it now. Seems like not a day goes by someone doesn't notice something new about that spooky little ankle biter reminding them of Nanna Gymea.

6. Namaste Jesus

That's how it is with my young Grandniece in Fiji. The one the locals say in the reincarnate of my mother. I haven't seen her in person for a while, but it's hard to ignore the physical traits I see in her photos that are so similar to my mothers. Her parents often remark how much different her mannerisms are from that of her younger sister, which oddly enough seem to mirror that of my mom.

7. Aussie Thoughts

Been a while since my last update. Nanna Gymea's mini-me is doing well. She's walking and talking now and just as spooky as ever. Just started calling me Boy. Not altogether sure, but I suspect my brother's put her up to it. You see, ever since I was a little blighter, that's how Nanna Gymea'd warn me when I'd crossed the line. So now if I tickle the wee lass or something, 1st thing out of her mouth... "BOY!" First time she did it, 'bout jumped out of me socks! -:eek:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    RJM Corbet likes this.
  8. Namaste Jesus

Well if your brother is anything like yourself.... :rolleyes:

9. Aussie Thoughts

Yeah, keep thinking must have done. Just, she calls me "Ukel", how she pronounces uncle, any other time.

10. Namaste Jesus

Seems like if not the real deal, the little one's at least channeling the old gal's spirit. Some of the wife's family believe that it's possible to pick up vibes from objects around you. Things others have touched. From what I understand your Nanna did spend a lot of time at your place.

11. apexcone

apexcone Trackdayguy

If I believe something does it make it true? "Absolute" or is it juts true for me?

12. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet Deus Pascus Corvus

If a man talks alone in the forest, and his wife doesn't hear him, is he still wrong?

13. apexcone

apexcone Trackdayguy

wrong. Please explain

14. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet Deus Pascus Corvus

If a tree falls alone in the forest and nobody sees it happen, does it really fall?
    (Old zen thing)

15. apexcone

apexcone Trackdayguy

I'm not sure "wrong" is the correct word, maybe mistaken would be better. Wrong threw me off.

RJM Corbet likes this.
  16. Aussie Thoughts

Nanna Gymea came a year or 2 after my brother was born. Don't recall if I was schooling yet or not. Still came 'round even after retiring to bake a pie, tidy or just chat. Must've been here more than her own place. Not much you can touch 'round here without her coming to mind.

The aboriginals down here carry that to extremes. They'll pick something up they've never seen before and tell you who it belonged to or something else personal. That motorized wheel chair we built for Nanna Gymea's still parked outside. She loved that thing and damned if that kid's face doesn't light up whenever she sees it. I don't know mate, something's going on.

17. Namaste Jesus

Yeah, there are events in my own life that prevent me from not at least acknowledging the possibility of a past existence.

18. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Coincidence, causation,.and correlation...

I have a friend who wished that was a schoolhouse rock episode