Hindu sects/denominations

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by wil, Feb 15, 2018.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

For instance, are the american Krishna consciousness groups considered different from the main body? Are their divisions of thought like in others religions?

2. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Old thread, but I m sure Wil is around. Hare-krishnas are considered a part of Hinduism unless some in them deny it. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is an accepted teacher (Acharya) for all Hindus and even more for some of them. Being different is hardly a problem in Hinduism. I am quite different from most others being a strong atheist advaitist Hindu.

wil likes this.
  3. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

Oh yes @wil is still around :)

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Lol...much to some's dismay...

Thanx, I didn't relook but I recall not finding a sort of ancestry chart like I find for others. I recall once having a Buddhist and Hindu 'priests' in my car and the Hindu insisting Buddhists are a part of Hinduism, the Buddhist was quiet as he ranted on. But after he got our he said, 'We have many differences and that belief is one of them!'

5. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

:) Glad to be back again to discuss things with you after a long time.
    I don't find any difference in my Advaita belief and Buddhism except one, Advaita emphatically says that Brahman exists - Buddha is quiet about it. However, I would not insist on saying that Buddhism is a part of Hinduism, though I too believe that. Buddha is my guru. My Advaita also accepts 'anatta' and 'anicca'.

wil likes this.