DOES GOD LEARN FROM MEN?

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by RJM Corbet, Sep 25, 2018.

1. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet Deus Pascus Corvus

Yes. And so it's an unfolding experience. Anyone can be 'wise in hindsight'.

But of course time future/past is just a natural perception. Time/space is the limit of the dimension of nature.

Beyond is the greater dimension of Spirit, which surrounds includes and permeates the lesser dimension if nature. The greater wheel of Spirit turns the lesser wheel of nature, but is not turned by it.

"We are barely able to know about hhe things of Earth and it is a struggle to understand what is close to us; who may hope to understand heavenly things?"
    Wisdom 10:16

Happy new year @OrtaYol

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Because the choice, in the moment, is yours.

You would have to demonstrate that:
    God knows what you will do,
    He has pre-determined you to do it.

God is passive in the first part and active in the second — but that doesn''t necessarily follow. God might remain passive throughout.
    I could say, God does not possess foreknowledge. God doesn't possess past knowledge. Why? Because God does not exist in time. Try looking at it from that point of view. Rather, try looking from this, for us paradoxical, point of view: For God, everything is 'now'.

It does for time-bound entities, but even then not absolutely. We're far more predictable than we like to think we are.

It doesn't. Nor does the past. Nor does the now, really. It's just our way of looking at things because we're finite entities.

Namaste Jesus likes this.
  3. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

I knew you were going to say that.:D
    Whoa, really Bhagavad Gita worthy, that.;)

Thomas likes this.
  4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Dem books ... They knew a thing or two! :D

Namaste Jesus likes this.
  5. OrtaYol

OrtaYol Member

If He knows, then how is it not predetermined? You keep saying the choice is mine but if God knows what choice I am going to make what other choice can I make besides that which He knows?

The past existed, the present is existing.. if it doesn't exist what are we experiencing? I don't think God existing out of time necessarily means that He knows the future since the future doesn't become a part of time until it becomes the present.

RJM Corbet likes this.
  6. OrtaYol

OrtaYol Member

Yeah but it's fun to try :)

RJM Corbet likes this.
  7. RJM Corbet

Perhaps this belongs in the science forum.
    The Order of Time.
    The latest scientific ideas.
    It's an hour long, but it's good.

8. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

You're assuming a causal correlation between knowing and determining.

9. RJM Corbet

Are there people who can glimpse the future? Diviners, or natural psychics? I have met a few. Kings like Alexander the Great visited oracles?

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

It's a good question. Do they see the future, or do they see the way the future is shaping up?

RJM Corbet likes this.
  11. RJM Corbet

The one thing I know from first-hand experience is there are people who do see/glimpse the future. Even before they have started asking any questions. A lot of my 'spiritual development' was about wanting to know.

Now since 'returning' to Christ, that stuff suddenly doesn't matter to me anymore. It's in God's hands. Its so simple; I do my best, try to act from my own highest level, and leave it to God.

Thomas likes this.
  12. OrtaYol

OrtaYol Member

Yes, and I am asking your thoughts on how it can be otherwise if the future is known by an infallible being.

If I have option A and B in front of me and God knows/knew before the existence of time itself that I was going to choose A, how can I possibly choose B? I am not say it is Gods will that I choose A or B, just that if He knows my choice then that choice is locked in and if it is locked in then it is not really a choice.

13. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I'd say that choice reflects backwards and forwards in time from the moment it is made

14. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

The question of omniscience and predetermination is not a simple one, and philosophers still argue the case.

Check out Foreknowledge and Free Will