To the moderators

• Thread starter CobblersApprentice
  • Start date
Sadly, there is. In the past I have even been called The Antichrist on a Christian Forum, hypocrite and liar. Ridden it out. But I don't do rejection.

Plus, from past experience, at some point I would have withdrawn. It may as well be now.

Enjoyed my time on IO.

All the best

But I don't do rejection.
It's a robust (interfaith) forum, dude. Don't give up on us, just because one of us (me) has had it with Thomas Merton enough for now. Say what you like. Call me names, stick around and sort it out. Anyway, whatever ...

If you require an apology: sorry. Ok?

It's a robust (interfaith) forum, dude. Don't give up on us, just because one of us (me) has had it with Thomas Merton enough for now. Say what you like. Call me names, stick around and sort it out. Anyway, whatever ...

In my experience, IO is not a "robust forum". I could give you the names of a few that are.

Why should I call you names? And no need for apologies.

As I said to Cup of Tea, in all probability, it was only a matter of time.

All the best.

Reactions: RJM
Why should I call you names? And no need for apologies.

As I said to Cup of Tea, in all probability, it was only a matter of time.

All the best.
Ok. But let me say, after a couple of months, I personally have gained very little of how you personally function, because it has all been quotes from a small pocket of writers and thinkers that appeal to you. So it has become like a web of quotes from a small group of selected sources, which eventually bores me, and in the end makes me want to know how it is you yourself personally react to, for instance @wil question: Do we need salvation?

Not what Merton or Dogen or whoever else thinks on the subject, because that will require me going out and looking up their stuff, and you know I have quite a lot of reading to catch up, etc. So if, in order to know what you think on these forums, I am required to spend a lot of time reading the works of various other writers and thinkers, I eventually just close off and lose interest.

Whereas if you were to express your own individual thoughts and ideas on subjects, such as the question referred to above, that would engage my interest and draw me into debate. Which is much more fun than simply being referred to the writings of others?
In my experience, IO is not a "robust forum".
It's not a very large or very active forum. It is a thoughtful and respectful forum of mostly quiet thinking people engaged in mature discussion, mostly pretty much fixed in their own spiritual paths and ideas, but open and interested in others' ideas -- because that's the point of it all ...

EDIT
I've got you off ignore now, because it's getting interesting, lolo_O

Last edited:
It's not a very large or very active forum. It is a thoughtful and respectful forum of mostly quiet thinking people engaged in mature discussion, mostly pretty much fixed in their own spiritual paths and ideas, but open and interested in others' ideas -- because that's the point of it all ...

Yes, yes it is.

@CobblersApprentice, if you want me to delete your account, I will. Send me a PM if that’s the route you are sure you want to take.

Back