How will you know your messiah when you see him?

How will you know it is truly him?
Welcome, genuinely. Want to introduce yourself, in the lounge/intro section?

I have no gods or messiahs, so can give no good answer to your question.

How about you? What does the messiah mean to you?

How will you know it is truly him?
If you're talking about the return of Christ, according to the Bible the anti-Christ comes first while we're still in the flesh and will deceive many. The real Christ comes afterward when we're all in spiritual form. So if you're still in the flesh, it ain't him.;)

If you're talking in general. You won't always know. The angle of the Lord takes many forms and touches our lives in many ways.

Last edited:
What messiah means to me is between me and the messiah. I am just genuinely curious of other's opinions and beliefs on the matter.
Also, if does anyone here know the Hebrew definition of a "prophet" in the truest and most simple sense of the term?
thank. you guys

What messiah means to me is between me and the messiah. I am just genuinely curious of other's opinions and beliefs on the matter.

Yes .. understanding is a personal thing between one and G-d.
I think it will be quite clear to sincere believers in G-d.

He will unite them .. they will be victorious under his "wing" .. falsehood will perish.
..such as the global secular system which is threatening catastrophe.

Perhaps it's safe to think he might take a swipe at some 'religious professionals'?

There are many Ahadith which speak of the reappearance of Imam Mahdi (as) and the recognition of him - for example :

Abdullah bin Umar narrated from the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) that he said, “The Mahdi shall reappear and there would be a cloud above him and in it shall be an Angel proclaiming: This is the Caliph of Allah and the same Mahdi, so obey him.”

Oh come on, we are curious about yours as well! You don't need to go into intimate detail, but give us an idea.

Perhaps it's safe to think he might take a swipe at some 'religious professionals'?

..in a way..
Some people are so far away from G-d as they are distracted by the worldly life.
It is not easy to get the balance these days .. war is serious .. as is global warming :(

Reactions: RJM
Christ came to the lost and the helpless, to give them hope. He told us that 'he who loves his life will lose it' and to take up the cross and follow him: to render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and to God what belongs to God.

Those who try to turn his message to nationalism are missing the whole point of Christ's teachings, imo.

If a new Messiah comes bringing promises of peace on earth and a perfect world, he might more likely be the anti-Christ, imo.

Last edited:
Since this was posted in the Judaism section of the forum, I'd like to link to the following resource:

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Disclaimer: I am not Jewish, but am not a total stranger to Judaism. While I think the above page is a good entry into the Jewish conception of the Messiah, it would be good for one of the Jewish members of this forum to give a more authoritative comment.

@Cino I am not Jewish, nor am I of semetic race .. but I believe as they do :)

A few points from the article about the mashiach..

1. In general, it is believed that the mashiach will come in a time when he is most needed
2. Before the time of the mashiach, there shall be war and suffering (Ezekiel 38:16)
3. He will establish a government in Israel that will be the center of all world government,
-------> both for Jews and gentiles (Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:10; 42:1)
4. Olam Ha-Ba (the Messianic Age), will be characterized by the peaceful co-existence of all people (Isaiah 2:4)

I look forward to the time when Jerusalem (and consequently, the world) gets its peace.
..and G-d, the Most High, is the Best of Planners.

Since this was posted in the Judaism section of the forum, I'd like to link to the following resource:

http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm

Disclaimer: I am not Jewish, but am not a total stranger to Judaism. While I think the above page is a good entry into the Jewish conception of the Messiah, it would be good for one of the Jewish members of this forum to give a more authoritative comment.
I posted a few links above, specifically about identifying or recognizing the future messiah. The site you list is a good primer for the concept. There is much discussion about exactly what will happen, in what order and in what sense (literal or not) and which aspects are sine qua nons and which are only "might happens."

[I note now that this reply and my earlier post are still marked as waiting moderator approval. I don't know why that is, but there you have it.]

I posted a few links above, specifically about identifying or recognizing the future messiah. The site you list is a good primer for the concept. There is much discussion about exactly what will happen, in what order and in what sense (literal or not) and which aspects are sine qua nons and which are only "might happens."

[I note now that this reply and my earlier post are still marked as waiting moderator approval. I don't know why that is, but there you have it.]
Thanks!

Read what the Christians refer to as the Old Testament (what Jewish people refer to as the TaNaKh.) We have the rules written down for who will be the Moshiakh, including the rule that they won't change the rules/laws pertaining to Judaism.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

..whatever they may be :)
there is quite a few "flavours" of Abrahamic religion.

If bananabrain was still here, he'd be able to tell you what they are because he was/is Orthodox. Hell, he'd be able to explain the rules and regulations for The Moshiakh (I think that he had posted them in this forum before he left.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back