Conversation, discussion, debate.

Conversation, discussion, debate.
Whimsical, purposeful, combative.
Discover, decide, deny.
Befriend, direct, defeat.
Wonderer, leader, warrior.

What does communication reveal about the communicator?

Last edited:
Reactions: wil
Yes. It's so hard to let go of that blanket ...
I know! Right? I mean, you’re in good company, I suppose. They laughed at Socrates for doing the same. The politicians and lawyers put an end to him. Still, if he was correct, the end was a new beginning, and he was better off for being a wonderer. I wonder: Having finally let go of his security blanket, did he see Wisdom face to face?

What does King James’ book have to say about those lovers of wisdom who didn’t know his Lord, but perhaps were seeking him?

I like this forum.
I'd say we are an acquired taste...

Some pop in. Thinking we are refreshing bit then move on when we don't have enough car wrecks and dumpster fires.

We have a crew of folks who are naturally dispensing a level of self policing snark, a moderator.that cleans up spills when we find them and does a yeoman's job behind the scenes, and then some highly intelligent folks who who are very versed in their field or religion who assist in keeping us straight.

Seems not everyone can find their niche and most prophets tend to walk the plank on their own accord.

But folks like me...they can't get rid of!

What does King James’ book have to say about those lovers of wisdom who didn’t know his Lord, but perhaps were seeking
And he, who sees inner secrets, knows the desires of the Spirit, for he asks for the holy ones what is pleasing to God
Romans 8:27
Catholic Bible

Last edited:
And he, who sees inner secrets, knows the desires of the Spirit, for he asks for the holy ones what is pleasing to God
Romans 8:27
Catholic Bible

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
James 1:5 (NIV)

I wonder why so many have a different opinion about the meaning of this verse — and others similar to the one you quoted — than I. I mean, more than a few tell me it means the Spirit makes it certain what the truth is about a spiritual question. (The irony being that one person with such certainty frequently believes the contrary of what another who is just as certain!)

What I’ve found is the wisdom I have received is that the only thing I can be certain about is that I remain uncertain what the truth is about many a spiritual matter.

But are there spiritual truths you are certain about?

..The irony being that one person with such certainty frequently believes the contrary of what another who is just as certain!

Well, as long as they are both sincere, they have nothing to worry about. All that is required of a person
is their best :)

Reactions: RJM
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+3:5-7&version=KJV
Proverbs 3:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil."
Thanks for the reply. It’s a nice grove. Pleasant to see and hear from a distance! Shall we walk through it and take a closer look at the trees?

Back