Evolution is Unscientific

The first "life" wasn't animal, it was vegetable. Ferns, lichens, mosses, algae...that was the first life. How do these procreate and regenerate?
Life, animal, vegetation; that is your classification. Life is life.
The first life was like RNA viruses and are termed as Eukaryota.
"Notable human diseases caused by RNA viruses include the common cold, influenza, SARS, MERS, COVID-19, Dengue Virus, hepatitis C, hepatitis E, West Nile fever, Ebola virus disease, rabies, polio, mumps, and measles."

Phylogenetic_tree_of_life_1990_LUCA.svg.png

A phylogenetic tree based on rRNA data, emphasizing the separation of bacteria, archaea, and eukarya as proposed by Carl Woese et al. in 1990, with the hypothetical last universal common ancestor (LUCA)

How do procreate and regenerate?
That Process is known as Mitosis.
"In cell biology, mitosis is a part of the cell cycle in which replicated chromosomes are separated into two new nuclei. Cell division by mitosis gives rise to genetically identical cells in which the total number of chromosomes is maintained."

The first life was like RNA viruses and are termed as Eukaryota.
"Notable human diseases caused by RNA viruses include the common cold, influenza, SARS, MERS, COVID-19, Dengue Virus, hepatitis C, hepatitis E, West Nile fever, Ebola virus disease, rabies, polio, mumps, and measles."

View attachment 3935
A phylogenetic tree based on rRNA data, emphasizing the separation of bacteria, archaea, and eukarya as proposed by Carl Woese et al. in 1990, with the hypothetical last universal common ancestor (LUCA)

How do procreate and regenerate?
That Process is known as Mitosis.
"In cell biology, mitosis is a part of the cell cycle in which replicated chromosomes are separated into two new nuclei. Cell division by mitosis gives rise to genetically identical cells in which the total number of chromosomes is maintained."
Is that not functionally the same as bifurcation?

Conceptually I agree...but that is religious agreement that includes the mineral world.

I haven't seen a cabbage with a brain. I have seen people with the brains of a cabbage... :D

Ah! So...obfuscation? :)
No. Just the name of exact process that happens - breaking of the threads.

"In cell biology, mitosis is a part of the cell cycle in which replicated chromosomes are separated into two new nuclei."
"The word mitosis comes from the Greek word for "thread." Definitions of mitosis. cell division in which the nucleus divides into nuclei containing the same number of chromosomes. type of: cell division, cellular division. the process in reproduction and growth by which a cell divides to form daughter cells."

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe....gif/220px-Mitosis_Mesenchymal_Stem_Cells.gif

"Meiosis from Ancient Greek μείωσις (meíōsis) 'lessening', since it is a reductional division) is a special type of cell division of germ cells in sexually-reproducing organisms that produces the gametes, such as sperm or egg cells.

350px-Major_events_in_mitosis.svg.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiosis

Last edited:
In all that, where is the evidence for evolution by genetic mutation?
First of all, I agree with most of your post.

But here are some examples of gene mutation:
MRSA, different breeds of dogs, different breeds of cats.

If you mean creating new genes, there’s nothing. Except inference, which is really philosophy.

The evolving of new species always stays within the ‘Family’ (or maybe ‘Order’) of its respected taxa.
IOW, no new Families (or Orders) of organisms arise.
A few original species representing those families were created, and diversified from there. As I see it.

Last edited:
The evolving of new species always stays within the ‘Family’ (or maybe ‘Order’) of its respected taxa.
A few original species representing those families were created, and diversified from there. As I see it.
The original family was just one, Prokaryotic Archaea, i.e., organisms with no nucleus.

220px-Archaea.png
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archaea

Conceptually I agree...but that is religious agreement that includes the mineral world.
I haven't seen a cabbage with a brain. I have seen people with the brains of a cabbage... :D
The plant that produces cabbage also has brain (in a sense). It converts chlorophyll into energy, sucks water when it needs it. It knows when it is day and when it is night.
And I regularly come across people in the forums with no brain but just cabbage inside their head. ;)

Last edited:
The original family was just one, Prokaryotic Archaea, i.e., organisms with no nucleus.
There is still millions of dollars prize money, if you have evidence for abiogenesis. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...o-replicate-cellular-evolution-300985419.html

Once you are willing to accept first life happened by natural causes; and without evidence, it becomes easier to believe in evolution. We look at the complexity of life today, it had to get here somehow. We know with a certainty, the first Hox gene and bilateral symmetry, had to happen somehow. There is no evidence how this happened, they just appear on the evolution time line, assumed to be the result of genetic drift and natural selection, but how? The same seems to be the case for all new traits.

So, we get 1000 mutates per 2 billion yeas = 1 mutation per 2 million years.
Divide by 8 million species. Is that 4 mutations per annum?
The calculation is wrong.
Suppose it takes 2 million years for a species to split into two.
Over 500 million years, we would have 250 separations, that makes 2^250. Makes around 1.8 * 10^75. 10^75 is a one with 75 zeros. There's no name for that number.

This is of course only a demonstration of the mathematical principle. 2 million years is the estimated age of the earliest man-like skeletons. Most species have shorter generations (may change in a shorter time), some larger. The number of separate populations may be 1, 2, 3, 4 or more, so they don't always split into two species.
There were many species 500 million years ago, and the reason why there are much less species (maybe even less individuals) than the calculation result is because most have died out.

Last edited:
There is still millions of dollars prize money, if you have evidence for abiogenesis. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...o-replicate-cellular-evolution-300985419.html
Not me, but some biologist may win the prize in future. He/she will certainly get Nobel prize, which is 1 million USD.
www.evo2.org was disallowed by uBlock Origin. Can I believe that such an organization will give 10 million dollars to the person who does this?
The fake organization could have mentioned a billion dollars.

Last edited:
Should.this be moved to belief? Or maybe the flat earth page?
The original OP is around a specific question: evidence for evolution by gene mutation. There's been a lot of speculative hypothesising, but no actual evidence presented so far?
The science non-literate will always fanatically - and dramatically - defend evolution by gene mutation and get angry when challenged. Please, calmly give me the evidence.
But here are some examples of gene mutation:
MRSA, different breeds of dogs, different breeds of cats.

If you mean creating new genes, there’s nothing. Except inference, which is really philosophy.

Last edited:
The original OP is around a specific question: evidence for evolution by gene mutation. There's been a lot of speculative hypothesising, but no actual evidence presented so far?
In humans, the mutation rate is about 50–90 de novo mutations per genome per generation, that is, each human accumulates about 50–90 novel mutations that were not present in his or her parents. This number has been established by sequencing thousands of human trios, that is, two parents and at least one child.
Ref. 99
Jónsson H, Sulem P, Kehr B, Kristmundsdottir S, Zink F, Hjartarson E, et al. (September 2017). "Parental influence on human germline de novo mutations in 1,548 trios from Iceland". Nature. 549 (7673): 519–522. Bibcode:2017Natur.549..519J. doi:10.1038/nature24018. PMID 28959963. S2CID 205260431.

Will that be acceptable as evidence?

The argument is that there isn't time in human existence to witness a new species originating from gene mutation. That may be true. But still that's speculation?

Mutation in fruit flies just produces new types of fruit flies.

Last edited:
p

Theres no evidence. Speciation happened long ago. There's no evidence of recent speciation through gene mutation. It's a hypothesis.

The OP asks to avoid link stacking, from Google and Wiki. The OP asks for evidence that speciation is the result of random gene mutation.

"What else could it be?" is not a valid response, imo

Back