Why Do People Like To Talk About Their Spiritual Beliefs?

Matthew, Mark and Luke.
Your deliberate misunderstanding fools nobody.
John" .. harping on about an unnamed disciple all the time.
If anyone showed the same disrespect for your religion and scripture, you'd be crying foul and bringing out the victim card. You are a consistently disingenuous poster, imo
Well why did they attend the temple in Jerusalem then?
That's where it started. Deliberate misunderstanding is either mischevious or dishonest. You do yourself no favours.
What's its relevance to the topic?
Everything. Read it again. You fool nobody. Last try from me.

@RJM Corbet @Thomas @muhammad_isa

When an OP raises an objection to a response that the OP says is not relevant to thread’s purpose I am usually among the first, if not the first, to defend the drift a thread may take. I am hard pressed to do that in this case. Somewhere, some time, early on this thread took a hard right, drove through the guard rails, dove off the cliff and landed us back into the middle of the difference of opinion that has been raging between you folks.

It reminds of the climax of Blazing Saddles when the fight between the good guys and the villains spills over into the set of a musical.

I’m not saying your conversation shouldn’t continue. I’m just saying that maybe you should think of moving it, metaphorically, outside.

Somewhere, some time, early on this thread took a hard right, drove through the guard rails, dove off the cliff and landed us back into the middle of the difference of opinion that has been raging between you folks.

It reminds of the climax of Blazing Saddles when the fight between the good guys and the villains spills over into the set of a musical.

I think we're done here, for the time being :oops:

Somewhere, some time, early on this thread took a hard right, drove through the guard rails, dove off the cliff and landed us back into the middle of the difference of opinion that has been raging between you folks.

Brilliant, though slightly mixed metaphors, lol :)

Last edited:
Has it ever? :)
That is why we need an all round knowledge of the world.
Both humanities and science have a part to play.

However, turning away from scripture leads to spiritual blindness.
Religious knowledge is the most important of all, but is not exclusive.
Hii
I think those who have knowledge about spirituality.

People might enjoy talking about spirituality and beliefs because this aspect of the human existence, that is the spirit, is as fundamental to our existence as any other aspects of our being, like our mind or body.

Reactions: RJM
People might enjoy talking about spirituality and beliefs because this aspect of the human existence, that is the spirit, is as fundamental to our existence as any other aspects of our being, like our mind or body.

Hi...

Yes, I agree. It's too bad that it takes so long for us to come to this conclusion; but it is the case, more often than not, that we only get there after working toward it for a long time. We might not even know what "it" will be like, but we are driven to seek anyway. And then comes that moment of gnosis which changes everything. From that moment on, nothing will ever be the same.

I think we are all born with the capacity to comprehend the movements of spirit, but it takes awhile for us to mature enough, spiritually speaking, to have this aspect front and center in our existence all the time.

Back