I AM

Tony Bristow-Stagg

One Planet One People Please
Reaction score
This discussion is focused on the "I Am".

We find in Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Then in the New Testament we find this;

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

This is found in the Writings of Krishna

Chapter 10, Verse 8 "I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts."

It says in the same chapter in verses 19 and 20 these provoking thoughts;

Chapter 10, Verse 19 "The Blessed Lord said: Yes, I will tell you of My splendorous manifestations, but only of those which are prominent, O Arjuna, for My opulence is limitless".

Chapter 10, Verse 20 "I am the Self, O Gudakesa, seated in the hearts of all creatures. I am the beginning, the middle and the end of all beings."

It goes on in the above chapter to show the extent of the "I Am".

Then in 1844 the Bab made this declaration".

"I am, I am, I am the Promised One! I am the One whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at whose mention you have risen, whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of whose Revelation you have prayed to God to hasten." - The Báb

There is much more in the writings of the Bab, thus is but another passage;

“I am the Primal Point from which have been generated all created things. I am the Countenance of God Whose splendour can never be obscured, the Light of God Whose radiance can never fade.”
– The Bab

Thus that is what we all get to ponder, we all get to explore what it is that is the 'I AM'

The question is also the observation.

Why is it that the I Am is found in all God given Faiths?

Why is it, that some Faiths decide the “I Am“ is only applicable to their Faith?

Regards Tony

I am

It has been my standard response to "How are you?" For decades.

It is much better than the option.

Be still and know that I am G!d (and glad to meet you)

There was a void

There was a vibration in the void.

A sound from the here there and everywhere.

Some interpret it as aum...others I am...others I am.

Me thinks we should be careful what we claim.

What vibrations we.choose to put into motion.

Our thoughts are prayers...

Reactions: RJM
This discussion is focused on the "I Am".

We find in Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you..........

Why is it that the I Am is found in all God given Faiths?

Why is it, that some Faiths decide the “I Am“ is only applicable to their Faith?

Regards Tony
Actually, Exodus 3:14 doesn’t say that.

Sure, that is OK for you to see it that way.

Regards Tony

Are you serious?

Ehyeh means 'I will be'. Any Hebrew speaker will tell you that.

14God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:

I can see how I will be what I will be can be understood/interpreted as I am what I am, however a more appropriate answer to @RabbiO would have been, "Yes, I know Exodus 3:14 doesn't say that, but it can have the same meaning as I am."

Also, I would be really surprised if you didn't already know this.

If said God wanted to use I am, he would have used אָֽנֹכִ֖י (anochi) as he did in the first commandment

6"I am the Lord your God, Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
בָעֲדִֽים
אָֽנֹכִ֖י יְהֹוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ אֲשֶׁ֧ר הֽוֹצֵאתִ֛יךָ מֵאֶ֥רֶץ מִצְרַ֖יִם מִבֵּ֥ית

(Anyway, we are all I am. )

I am

It has been my standard response to "How are you?" For decades.

It is much better than the option.

Be still and know that I am G!d (and glad to meet you)..

It's difficult to know whether you are mad, even if you are not mad :D

Are you serious?

14God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:

I can see how I will be what I will be can be understood/interpreted as I am what I am, however a more appropriate answer to @RabbiO would have been, "Yes, I know Exodus 3:14 doesn't say that, but it can have the same meaning as I am."

If said God wanted to use I am, he would have used אָֽנֹכִ֖י (anochi) as he did in the first commandment

6"I am the Lord your God, Who took you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
בָעֲדִֽים
אָֽנֹכִ֖י יְהֹוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ אֲשֶׁ֧ר הֽוֹצֵאתִ֛יךָ מֵאֶ֥רֶץ מִצְרַ֖יִם מִבֵּ֥ית

I see RabbiO could have expanded on what he wanted to offer.

You have offered instead.

Regards Tony

I see RabbiO could have expanded on what he wanted to offer.

You have offered instead.

Regards Tony
I hit “Post Reply” too soon. I was going to edit the response but I got distracted and the hour was late.......

My apologies.

Reactions: RJM
Are you serious?

בָעֲדִֽים

Amazing Craz, you have managed to humble two with one post. :)

Our resident rabbi, a veritable con·nois·seur of perfection... This is the first time I have seen him submit to fallibility. I secretly hoped to be the one to accomplish this, but oh well. Rabbi there is no shame in it. Head up, no harm done. We all get it sooner or later.

Okay, we are all becoming one... This is a good thing, or at least I like the way it's going. Wil was right, UNeyeR1. Who wudda thunk it. :)

In Him I live and breathe and have my being.

I am...and affirmation.

We are after all aren't we?

I.am sorry....really?

Bad affirmation.

You're higher self, your connection to all that is, is not sorry....

Wil, it seems a divine wind broke loose and removed a post or two? lol

I hit “Post Reply” too soon. I was going to edit the response but I got distracted and the hour was late.......

My apologies.

It is all good, absolutely no apology needed, except me to you as my short replies are just me, which when not face to face, are never taken the right way. I have never written essays. :)

The OP is about how we see and perceive G_d the unknowable.

It is about the I Am, or I will be what I will be be or in any other form G_d is made known to us.

Regards Tony

Back