I AM

Tone Bristow-Stagg

Reaction score
Not responding to a comment you requested comes off as passive/aggressive to me.

Do you wish to address the translation issue described?

I do not even know what passive aggressive is. :)

I see translation is a difficult task, but in the end I see the meaning is for us to grasp.

I Am what I Am or I will Be what I will Be to me is saying the same thing.

As we have no concept of an Unknowable G_d, how is it that we even mention God or attribute attributes to G_d?

To me that becomes know in the statement that I am what I am, or I will be what I will be, as that is how G_d becomes known to us.

This is a big topic, there is a lot written on this in the Baha'i Writings.

I am wiling to discuss, but as you can see, the discussion would go beyond defined meanings that past faiths may hold to.

To such responses, I am happy to offer a person does not have to visit this thread and add to the discussion. There is no ill feeling and no ill intent. I am happy for them to see it as they choose to do.

Regards Tony

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
Duly noted, no light hearted banter with Tony...got it.

So, Tony....does G-d have a sense of humor?

Last edited:

wil

UNeyeR1
Reaction score
It is sad to see such conversation. Please take it elswhere.

Regards Tony
Why sad to see?

The nature of discussion ia that 'hopefully' participants enjoy the conversation and a little humor breaks the tension. We are not a debate team nor a bunch of doctoral fellows holding onto specific rules of order...our charge here is to simply maintain a level of decorum slightly above that of 3rd grade bodily function descriptions... Inuendo fits that bill...further outuendo on the other hand.

Are bahai always so serious?

I am...likely to interject humor....and make another platypus