Tinkering

Aupmanyav

Search, be your own guru.
Reaction score
Will a change of forums help to energise member traffic? What I have in mind is emphasis on Topics rather than on Forums. Of course, the column after topic name can mention forum. Just a suggestion. It pains to see little traffic in such a nice and civil Forum.

. It pains to see little traffic in such a nice and civil Forum.
I have always been thinking similar thoughts but then the thoughts of the reason I am not at those other sites and one of them is there's way too much traffic and information way more than I can keep up with. Which would force me to pick and choose what I read and thought about, which would limit me as to the thoughts that I entertained just because of sheer volume.

Then the flip side is that I don't think the world is ready for nice and civil, the nature of online forums seems to lean towards the obtuse and or controversial and desires controversy. We see that in people that pop in here occasionally, who tried to run the Gambit I've know it all or profit or prophet or wanting to argue incessantly. I clearly have no answers

Reactions: RJM
It would be possible to alter the format of the homepage, to feature 'trending topics' as does Religious Forums. Most IO members seldom visit the IO homepage, with its wealth of apocrypha and studies and essays of world religions. Often new people register here and then disappear, without ever posting.

Last edited:
Trying to alter the existing forums structure would create a difficulty what to do with all the posts they contain? A 'Topics' running board does sound like a good idea.

Last edited:
Post withdrawn

Last edited:
There's no material or commercial side to Interfaith.Org. It's just us. Could we have more activity?

The subscription comes up in a year -- September 2022. Will we still be here after that? Does it matter?

How many of us expect to still be here, lol? All the more reason to encourage wise advice, imo ...

Following @Aupmanyav suggestion, I have added some of our ‘Recent Activity’ to the homepage:
https://www.interfaith.org/

I have consigned the decades old ‘news bites’ to the bin, but they are not erased completely.

Any alterations to what I have done, or other suggestions to improve the homepage and encourage traffic – please post them here for discussion?

I'd move the 'Recent Activity' to the top of the page.

Also ... the page isn't mobile friendly ... a responsive layout would be preferred ... if I could access the code I could offer an alternative layout?

Also ... the page isn't mobile friendly ... a responsive layout would be preferred ... if I could access the code I could offer an alternative layout?
What do you need?

Access code on WordPress dashboard > Appearance > Edit

Last edited:
Access homepage via Westhost control panel > WordPress login as Admin > Create your own USER login/password

There are several themes offered, but also of course the option to customize a theme

Last edited:
Move this to staff area?

We are.going to move some furniture around and then head for the thrift shop for new drapes. Can we get some rugs and cushions for a cuddle puddle?

We are.going to move some furniture around and then head for the thrift shop for new drapes. Can we get some rugs and cushions for a cuddle puddle?

If we're going in that direction, the :kitty: delegation need some automatic cleaning litter boxes, :kitty: fountains and automatic food dishes. A few new :kitty: toys would be nice, too...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back