The Urantia Book

URANTIA reveals there's no hell, except eventual 'temporary' prison worlds for iniquitous guys like Lucifer, Satan, and the Devil (they're the 3 main, separate iniquitous spirit beings rebelling against the celestial government and family of our ABSOLUTELY LOVING PARADISE FATHER GOD), and also that if they don't rectify themselves, they can be annihilated individually, as you suggested, and so URANTIA's the one best spiritual and philosophical and scientific cosmology ever!, it being many websites free to read and/or download online, so enjoy it!: it also supports much of Christian cosmology, etc, but not all of it, criticizing it at times, etc. (i have read all of URANTIA once and continue reading it from time to time, and any queries you all friends may have, just ask me!) (...)

Last edited:
URANTIA reveals there's no hell, except eventual 'temporary' prison worlds for iniquitous guys like Lucifer, Satan, and the Devil

What is the difference between the 3?

the 'devil' named Caligastia (a negative name) was the Planetary Prince of our Urantia, the one mentioned by JESUS in the new testament, now the ex-prince; Satan was our own local system Satania's assistant to Lucifer, our former System Sovereign, the 3 being Sons of GOD of our own local universe order or type of beings of Lanonandeks (etymologies and meanings); and a local system has approx. 1000 inhabited and inhabitable worlds, etc.

What is the Urantia Book's explanation for the existence of evil? If it occurs on multiple levels, as you imply, it seems to be a pervasive issue?

so you are somewhere in the autistic spectrum, dear Ella? (i'm curious!)

Yes, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as a child, but since Asperger's is no longer recognized as a disorder there's some disagreement on whether I am autistic or schizoid now. I am highly alexithymic, so even though I do have compassion and empathy, I don't consciously "feel" it.

I'm also recovering from PTSD and clinical depression, which comes with severe apathy that often drowns out my other emotions, anyway.

@LuisMarco
The Urantia Book seems to be picked up by disaffected Christians? It does not seem to talk to people of non-Christian religions?

What is the Urantia Book's explanation for the existence of evil?
URANTIA:
130:1:5 Jesus' last visit with Gadiah had to do with a discussion of good and evil. This young Philistine was much troubled by a feeling of injustice because of the presence of evil in the world alongside the good. He said: "How can God, if he is infinitely good, permit us to suffer the sorrows of evil; after all, who creates evil?" It was still believed by many in those days that God creates both good and evil, but Jesus never taught such error. In answering this question, Jesus said: "My brother, God is love; therefore he must be good, and his goodness is so great and real that it cannot contain the small and unreal things of evil. God is so positively good that there is absolutely no place in him for negative evil. Evil is the immature choosing and the unthinking misstep of those who are resistant to goodness, rejectful of beauty, and disloyal to truth. Evil is only the misadaptation of immaturity or the disruptive and distorting influence of ignorance. Evil is the inevitable darkness which follows upon the heels of the unwise rejection of light. Evil is that which is dark and untrue, and which, when consciously embraced and willfully endorsed, becomes sin.
If it occurs on multiple levels, as you imply, it seems to be a pervasive issue?
Most of the planets don't go into iniquitous rebellion against the local Gods, Sons of the FATHER. URANTIA:
133:1:4 "Ganid, I can well understand how some of these problems perplex you, and I will endeavor to answer your question. First, in all attacks which might be made upon my person, I would determine whether or not the aggressor was a son of God — my brother in the flesh — and if I thought such a creature did not possess moral judgment and spiritual reason, I would unhesitatingly defend myself to the full capacity of my powers of resistance, regardless of consequences to the attacker. But I would not thus assault a fellow man of sonship status, even in self-defense. That is, I would not punish him in advance and without judgment for his assault upon me. I would by every possible artifice seek to prevent and dissuade him from making such an attack and to mitigate it in case of my failure to abort it. Ganid, I have absolute confidence in my heavenly Father's overcare; I am consecrated to doing the will of my Father in heaven. I do not believe that real harm can befall me; I do not believe that my lifework can really be jeopardized by anything my enemies might wish to visit upon me, and surely we have no violence to fear from our friends. I am absolutely assured that the entire universe is friendly to me — this all-powerful truth I insist on believing with a wholehearted trust in spite of all appearances to the contrary."

Yes, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome as a child, but since Asperger's is no longer recognized as a disorder there's some disagreement on whether I am autistic or schizoid now. I am highly alexithymic, so even though I do have compassion and empathy, I don't consciously "feel" it.

I'm also recovering from PTSD and clinical depression, which comes with severe apathy that often drowns out my other emotions, anyway.
dear Ella:
i went tru the same, and i hope HEAVENLY ABSOLUTELY FRIENDLY, LOVING FATHER finds you and rehabilitates and saves you (even though we don't actually need personal salvation according to another source, for we all are immortal...) (and even though you are atheist, that CAN certainly change right¿, etc.)
i truly hope URANTIA helps you forevermore...

@LuisMarco
The Urantia Book seems to be picked up by disaffected Christians?
@RJM, not at all and not necessarily; anyone can find it, like the woman of the video i shared above; but yes a majority of disaffected Christians find solace in and with URANTIA, i've seen many of their personal stories on fb and elsewhere...
It does not seem to talk to people of non-Christian religions?
as i said earlier URANTIA is for our entire humanity and for all religions, and paper 131 is called:
The world's religions (the main and ancient ones, that is.)
URANTIA:
94:12:7 All Urantia is waiting for the proclamation of the ennobling message of Michael, unencumbered by the accumulated doctrines and dogmas of nineteen centuries of contact with the religions of evolutionary origin. The hour is striking for presenting to Buddhism, to Christianity, to Hinduism, even to the peoples of all faiths, not the gospel about Jesus, but the living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus.

dear Ella:
i went tru the same, and i hope HEAVENLY ABSOLUTELY FRIENDLY, LOVING FATHER finds you and rehabilitates and saves you (even though we don't actually need personal salvation according to another source, for we all are immortal...) (and even though you are atheist, that CAN certainly change right¿, etc.)
i truly hope URANTIA helps you forevermore...

And I hope you are rehabilitated and saved from your false religious beliefs

now, i share this with all of you the 'inevitabilities', and there's no need you don't reply back, Ella, of course.
URANTIA (paper 3):
3:5.5 (51.4) The uncertainties of life and the vicissitudes of existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God. All evolutionary creature life is beset by certain inevitabilities. Consider the following:

3:5.6 (51.5) 1. Is courage—strength of character—desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.

3:5.7 (51.6) 2. Is altruism—service of one’s fellows—desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.

3:5.8 (51.7) 3. Is hope—the grandeur of trust—desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.

3:5.9 (51.8) 4. Is faith—the supreme assertion of human thought—desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.

3:5.10 (51.9) 5. Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.

3:5.11 (51.10) 6. Is idealism—the approaching concept of the divine—desirable? Then must man struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty, surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.

3:5.12 (51.11) 7. Is loyalty—devotion to highest duty—desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.

3:5.13 (51.12) 8. Is unselfishness—the spirit of self-forgetfulness—desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.

3:5.14 (51.13) 9. Is pleasure—the satisfaction of happiness—desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.

3:5.15 (52.1) Throughout the universe, every unit is regarded as a part of the whole. Survival of the part is dependent on co-operation with the plan and purpose of the whole, the wholehearted desire and perfect willingness to do the Father’s divine will. The only evolutionary world without error (the possibility of unwise judgment) would be a world without free intelligence. In the Havona universe there are a billion perfect worlds with their perfect inhabitants, but evolving man must be fallible if he is to be free. Free and inexperienced intelligence cannot possibly at first be uniformly wise. The possibility of mistaken judgment (evil) becomes sin only when the human will consciously endorses and knowingly embraces a deliberate immoral judgment.

anyone has an iOS device¿; it has the best free URANTIA app anywhere, and they will release a free Android app soon, but try the ios one now! (who uses ios, guys?).

@LuisMarco please use your own voice when posting, and keep the quoted scripture to a minimum.

Another request: you obviously found something important to you in urantia, and want others to find this, too. BUT... this is an interfaith discussion forum, where we explore and answer, but do not try to convert. Please keep that in mind.

@LuisMarco please use your own voice when posting, and keep the quoted scripture to a minimum.

Another request: you obviously found something important to you in urantia, and want others to find this, too. BUT... this is an interfaith discussion forum, where we explore and answer, but do not try to convert. Please keep that in mind.
@Cino, okay sir.

i encountered oahspe before, but haven't read it all; according to this excellent analysis of it, it's from evil sources.
enjoy:
https://web.archive.org/web/20041021050808/http://www.world-destiny.org/spirit/12oahspeF.pdf
Thank you! That is very interesting. So it seems followers of the Urantia book believe Oahspe was deliberately put out by the devil, Prince Caligastia, with "a singular purpose: to prempt and pervert the impending Urantia revelation. Caligastia knew of the imminent gift to mankind. He attempted to distract and deny the true Revelation."
@RJMnot at all and not necessarily; anyone can find it, like the woman of the video i shared above; but yes a majority of disaffected Christians find solace in and with URANTIA, i've seen many of their personal stories on fb and elsewhere...
as i said earlier URANTIA is for our entire humanity and for all religions, and paper 131 is called:
The world's religions (the main and ancient ones, that is.)
URANTIA:
94:12:7 All Urantia is waiting for the proclamation of the ennobling message of Michael, unencumbered by the accumulated doctrines and dogmas of nineteen centuries of contact with the religions of evolutionary origin. The hour is striking for presenting to Buddhism, to Christianity, to Hinduism, even to the peoples of all faiths, not the gospel about Jesus, but the living, spiritual reality of the gospel of Jesus.
But it appears the Urantia book is presenting other religions with essentially a sort of reworking of the Christian philosophy? It is at root an interpretation of Jesus -- it is centred around Jesus?

Last edited:
It was still believed by many in those days that God creates both good and evil, but Jesus never taught such error. In answering this question, Jesus said: "My brother, God is love; therefore he must be good, and his goodness is so great and real that it cannot contain the small and unreal things of evil. God is so positively good that there is absolutely no place in him for negative evil. Evil is the immature choosing and the unthinking misstep of those who are resistant to goodness, rejectful of beauty, and disloyal to truth. Evil is only the misadaptation of immaturity or the disruptive and distorting influence of ignorance. Evil is the inevitable darkness which follows upon the heels of the unwise rejection of light. Evil is that which is dark and untrue, and which, when consciously embraced and willfully endorsed, becomes sin.

If God did not create or allow for or facilitate the "inevitable darkness", where did it come from, in the world-view of Urantia? Was it there already before God?

If evil is a developmental misstep, again, how did God as understood by Urantians design developmental processes with this "wrong turn" built in?

What does "sin" mean in terms of Urantia? Is it like a debt to be repaid, as in Christianity?

Back