How can there be a god?

Are you sure you understand the claims the Abrahamics are making?

Indeed, so it's believed. But it's also understood that theology evolved over time, so the God of Jews and Christians today is quite different from the God of the peoples of 3,000BC. You can rest assured we have moved on somewhat in our theology and beliefs since those days.
Reply removed at user's own request

Last edited by a moderator:
If I want to get through to a horse, I engage with it as it as a horse; if I want to get through to a five year old, I engage with the child as it is; if I want to get through to tribal people of 5000 yrs ago, I engage with them as tribal warriors -- and if I want to get through to 21st century city dwellers I need to be able to engage.

It's no use expecting tribal warrior clans to observe the same mores that we do today. People from another tribe were not regarded as people. It still goes on all the time.

Christ taught the parable of the good Samaritan -- but that was cutting edge for the time. God's not bound by the words in a book. It's a pity some folks believe their books instruct them to revert to stoning and other tribal ways, imo.

The ways of the spirit are not bound by books, imo

I don't think so.
Other creatures have nothing to answer for, whereas we do.

If all deeds are laid bare [ in a life after death ], it is then clear who is sincere and who is not.
It cannot be paradise surrounded by the insincere, so..
Life after death?
And burning torturous hellfire for those who do bad things?
That was a brilliant way of controlling people, I think. The Romans could only subject a person to three days of tortured crucifixion, but then everlasting fire got thought up. :)

What? That makes absolutely no sense . . . you're saying the same god changes to fit the needs of the current religious cult? That's insane . . . that's poor apologetics.
No, I'm saying the understanding of the Divine Nature changes as we increase in insight and wisdom, as is evidenced in the writings.

Just face it, the Abrahamics appropriated someone else's deity and tried to paint a new smiley face on it . . . so now it's got a Smiley Face but the same evil heart.
Not a view I would try on Jewish, Christian or Islamic theologians, if I were you.

Scriptures of all religions are the shell of the nut that contains the living kernel of truth, imo. The scriptures preserve the truth within, and so cannot be changed by every generation. They are there to be cracked. But the scriptures may not be changed by human whim. Nor are they easily changed or altered by any worldly rulers

Last edited:
Life after death?
But how do you know?
And burning torturous hellfire for those who do bad things?
Hellfire is interpreted in a lot of ways. Buddhism has assorted hells and heavens and afterlife states. It's not unique to Roman Christianity and Islam
That was a brilliant way of controlling people, I think
Religion always has been abused by worldly powers.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying the understanding of the Divine Nature changes as we increase in insight and wisdom, as is evidenced in the writings.

Not a view I would try on Jewish, Christian or Islamic theologians, if I were you.

All our dog wanted to do was love us, and assist us in everything we do on this earth, he was innocent . . .
So why do you dishonor Louie now, concentrating only on his death and putting down the beliefs of others? Is that what your beloved pup would have wanted, to see his lifelong buddy miserable? Do mourn your loss, but don't lash out at others for believing something that you did not, long before Louie's passing. Remember all the good times you spent together and honor Louie by cherishing those memories.

So why do you dishonor Louie now, concentrating only on his death and putting down the beliefs of others? Is that what your beloved pup would have wanted, to see his lifelong buddy miserable? Do mourn your loss, but don't lash out at others for believing something that you did not, long before Louie's passing. Remember all the good times you spent together and honor Louie by cherishing those memories.
I don't think that Amir was dishonouring any folks.
Question:- Do you believe that dogs go to heaven after death?

Well, both Hindu and Abrahamic scripture mention animals in the hereafter. Some Hindus even believe it possible for humans to reincarnate as animals and vice-versa.
Yes...... I've heard about that.
But what do you believe?
I get the impression that Christians do not believe that dogs can go to heaven.

Yes, I believe they do. Although, perhaps not in the same form they were on earth, as I also believe that reincarnation is entirely possible and that animals possess a soul.
Thankyou for that.
Are you a Buddhist or Hindu? If so then I totally acknowledge some folks' beliefs in afterlife for all life, maybe even all atoms.

I've read that even humans need to fulfil special conditions for Christian heaven but I've never read of any provision for animals in a Christian heaven.

Thankyou for that.
Are you a Buddhist or Hindu? If so then I totally acknowledge some folks' beliefs in afterlife for all life, maybe even all atoms.

I've read that even humans need to fulfil special conditions for Christian heaven but I've never read of any provision for animals in a Christian heaven.
No, my wife is Hindu, but I'm Christian. Although, with no particular denomination or division attached to it. Some have even described me as a Hindu devotee of Christ.

Quite a few Bible verses relating to animals in the hereafter. Interpretations vary though. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Animals-In-Heaven/

No, my wife is Hindu, but I'm Christian. Although, with no particular denomination or division attached to it. Some have even described me as a Hindu devotee of Christ.
Interesting. I have come across mixed faith and mixed religion over the years...... cool. :)

Quite a few Bible verses relating to animals in the hereafter. Interpretations vary though. https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Animals-In-Heaven/
But I keep reading Christianity telling that none can reach the kingdom of heaven without faith, the guidance keeps changing.
Anyway, our little dachshunds are greedy, selfish, cunning little beasts who chase cats and upset our ducks....... so they are both going to end up like me.....dust. :D

The questions I asked, no one has answered........
As a dedicated lover of our two tiny dachshunds I would like to try to answer your questions, so.....

You asked:-
How could this happen to the most innocent creature on earth?
It happens to all life.......true? Even as life was taken from your beautiful Louie, so shal it be taken from me, and you and us all. I think we must grasp each second of each day.
What did he do to deserve this?
Louie did nothing wrong and you know it. Sadly, life is taken from sweet and sour together.
God has some plan?
No. This whole universe is under the fate of Chaotic Nature.

My thoughts:- I was dead for countless billions of ages, and it was alright, I suffered not at all. And I can be dead for countless billions more, and I feel sure that it will be alright. But........ I give my love to my wife and our little hounds during every second of my time. Every time I leave home I tell my wife that I am in love with her and I stroke our beloved little hounds. Every time.

I can't offer more, but I wish I could.
I am sorry for your loss.

But I keep reading Christianity telling that none can reach the kingdom of heaven without faith...
Yeah, my religious beliefs tend to fall outside that realm. ;)

Anyway, who's to say animals don't have faith. Here's a shot of our other cat, Jackie taken a few years ago. Didn't pose him like that. He just wandered into our Mandir, stood at the alter with his front paws together for a few minutes, then left.
Diwalli2013e.JPG

5/3/22
Tuesday my family lost our best friend, the sweetest innocent most loving pup in the world. Louie was only 9 and a terrible aggressive cancer took his life he couldn't be saved while being operated on and we put him to sleep. I can't explain the amount of pain and heartbreak we are going through. We loved Louie so much, he was the most important part of our family. The joy and happiness he brought cannot be put into words. His love was truly a gift and we will cherish every moment we spent with him. Louie loved life and made all the horrible parts of our lives so much easier. He didn't deserve this. We will love and miss him everyday forever. We love you Louie.

How could this happen to the most innocent creature on earth? What did he do to deserve this? God has some plan? BS . . . either there isn't a god or it doesn't care. There is no explanation for this.

]

Sorry for your loss.

Have you started to have dreams with your dog in them?

You are inside yourself asking questions so your mind should be trying to figure you and your dog out.

As for god, you do not have enough time to figure him out, none of us do.

Your dog is most likely a mind that cannot become something again but he can find time in your mind, not brain.

In meditation try to call your dog to you, try to imagine him and try to teach your mind that you want him to have time inside itself. You need to do this many times. Your mind can allow your dog inside itself if it understands your wishes. Your mind might ask questions in forms of dreams over the course of this time, you need to keep talking about the dreams and keep asking questions.

Powessy

..The questions I asked, no one has answered, you know why because there is no answer because there is no god deity, just a bunch of zealots following some fantasy mythos..
I can understand people disbelieving in G-d.
..but your extreme viewpoint is so arrogant that there is no more to say.
..other than, you effectively condemn billions of people to be morons. :oops:

Back