Christian Answers to Muslim Questions

MattSTL

Reaction score
I've done online back and forth before, and I'm FOR it, but I also think sometimes it's best to just talk. As such, a friend and I created a YouTube channel where we just kind of lay out Christianity as we practice it, what it means to us, and try to address some of the questions our Muslim friends ask. We don't intend the videos to be proof positive of anything, just an honest reflection on the questions posed as they apply in our own faith walk.

If you're interested, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZG4UrRW4PUBcFqVnag7kg

You can always submit questions via question@ericandmattofthebook.com, and we will try to speak to them in future videos. Again, this is a VERY friendly Christian presentation to our Muslim friends...this is who we are...this is what we believe...this is why we believe it.

Maybe you can use it as a break when things get heated here. :)

I've done online back and forth before, and I'm FOR it, but I also think sometimes it's best to just talk. As such, a friend and I created a YouTube channel where we just kind of lay out Christianity as we practice it, what it means to us, and try to address some of the questions our Muslim friends ask. We don't intend the videos to be proof positive of anything, just an honest reflection on the questions posed as they apply in our own faith walk.
Maybe you can use it as a break when things get heated here. :)

Hi........ the thing is, when people ask questions they just want answers by return, as in a conversation. If they have to wait until you next make a video then they don't just get an answer back by return, and they don't get a chance to question those answers easily, either.

Why not invite questions on a forum like this? That way we could communicate more easily, imo.

Reactions: RJM
I think there is value in videos and podcasts - the communication style is different from a forum discussion, of course. Different people are into different things.

It would be great to have discussions with you here, though, @MattSTL. It could be a way to get inspiration for your videos?

Would you post something to the introductions subforum, about your motivation for the video channel?

Here is the intro video

The problem seems to be that where the Bible disagrees with the Quran, Muslims just say the Bible is corrupted: the Gospel of John, etc

The problem seems to be that where the Bible disagrees with the Quran, Muslims just say the Bible is corrupted: the Gospel of John, etc

There are many things men try to explain, or even explain away and get it all very wrong.

I see no point discussing the Trinity. New eyes and new ears are needed first.

Regards Tony

There are many things men try to explain, or even explain away and get it all very wrong.

Regards Tony
I'll answer for you: Trinitarian Christians are polytheists?

Why? Because that is what the infallible messenger says, therefore it is true, therefore no point in talking about it, or even listening to anyone who disagrees ...

Last edited:

Regards Tony
That comes off a tad arrogant.

"You are not ready for this"

Instead of.saying you are too stupid to understand ... your eyes and ears are insufficient

Sorry, friends. I did not realize that I was in Abrahamic Religions forum. That is not my place. So, I will say bye here. Carry on your nice discussions.

You once said that I should allow the Abrahamics to have their fun. They are most welcome to it from my side. ;)

Last edited:
Seriously doesn't the same Code of Conduct apply across all the forums -- aggressive attacks against the beliefs of others, personal attacks, and so on? Do you think you are over-stepping them?

I think, I do over-step many a times, and sorry for that. It happens only in religious discussions, otherwise I am a quiet, peaceful guy.

I think, I do over-step many a times, and sorry for that. It happens only in religious discussions, otherwise I am a quiet, peaceful guy.
No-one has used the report button, so far ...

Hi........ the thing is, when people ask questions they just want answers by return, as in a conversation. If they have to wait until you next make a video then they don't just get an answer back by return, and they don't get a chance to question those answers easily, either.

Why not invite questions on a forum like this? That way we could communicate more easily, imo.

I don't think it's either or...it can be both and. Here I am right? But for example we just did a whole video on our understanding of the trinity and we gave it 30 minutes for two of us to talk it through. If I posted the transcript here, nobody would read it. TLDR would be the response. :) Some people want quick answers...others want to hear full explanations with heart.

I believe both are important.

I think there is value in videos and podcasts - the communication style is different from a forum discussion, of course. Different people are into different things.

It would be great to have discussions with you here, though, @MattSTL. It could be a way to get inspiration for your videos?

Would you post something to the introductions subforum, about your motivation for the video channel?

Ok I just posted...I'll amend to include the intention of the channel.

Sorry, friends. I did not realize that I was in Abrahamic Religions forum. That is not my place. So, I will say bye here. Carry on your nice discussions.
Bro, I say stick around...for whatever my opinion is worth. You can discuss Abrahamic religions whether you affirm an Abrahamic religion or not, n'est ce pas?

Back