Current suppression of Baha'is in Iran

86. Should anyone intentionally destroy a house by fire, him also shall ye burn; should anyone deliberately take another’s life, him also shall ye put to death.

I did not know this. It's contrary to the Words and Message of Christ. So much for Baha'i universalism.

Says the government.
What did they do?
So ignore the persecution of innocent people elsewhere?
How do you know that Baha'i convictions are persecutions?
Did you read an Iranian Bahá'ís post which explained how the Iranians have reduced persecutions stopped executions for 25 yrs now?

How do you know that Baha'i convictions are persecutions?
Common goose sense, from following these threads -- also the evidence of a Baha'i living in Iran, posting here, at risk of actual danger.
Did you read an Iranian Bahá'ís post which explained how the Iranians have reduced persecutions stopped executions for 25 yrs now?
Well, it's hard nowadays to get international funding etc, while executing innocent people for holding different religious beliefs? Easier to convict them on spurious charges, and deny them higher education and knock down their houses and generally make life bad for them?

But you can believe what you want to. I've said I'm out of this thread, so prefer not to respond to more questions ...

Sorry: absolutely no offence intended to anyone

Last edited:
We're dealing with one right at this time!
We're going to put up with some serious difficulties in order to support the violated people.

This doesn't answer the question. Do you give the shooter a slap on the wrist after a verbal warning that says don't do this again, and then send them on their way with a teddy bear? How does @badger envision justice for a mass shooter?

Last edited:
A mass shooter that kills elementary students deserves either life imprisonment or the death penalty. I will wait for you to offer a better solution.

Common goose sense, from following these threads -- also the evidence of a Baha'i living in Iran, posting here, at risk of actual danger.
I don't think that any posters here are in Iran at this time.
Unless they want to say they are there.

Sorry: absolutely no offence intended to anyone
OK

This doesn't answer the question. Do you give the shooter a slap on the wrist after a verbal warning that says don't do this again, and then send them on their way with a teddy bear? How does @badger envision justice for a mass shooter?
Play with your analogies some more.... do.

A mass shooter that kills elementary students deserves either life imprisonment or the death penalty. I will wait for you to offer a better solution.
Where was this?

86. Should anyone intentionally destroy a house by fire, him also shall ye burn; should anyone deliberately take another’s life, him also shall ye put to death.

I did not know this. It's contrary to the Words and Message of Christ. So much for Baha'i universalism.

Nah. It's just common sense, Thomas. If a shooter rushes into a school and starts popping off shots and murdering innocent individuals, we would be unjust to turn the other cheek. Any just person would seek to take that individual out before they do any more harm to others.

What have these crimes got to do with this thread?

You brought it up.

Don't tell me what Sen thinks, better to actually quote exactly what he writes, eh?

Please tell me, does Baha'i have criminal laws and punishments written down by Bahauallah including the death penalty?

Death penalty and life imprisonment make complete sense to me. There are some crazy people out there.

You brought it up.

Death penalty and life imprisonment make complete sense to me. There are some crazy people out there.
And how, if Baha'i will never
govern any country, will Baha'i have to right and power and authority to imprison people, or burn them to death? !!!!!

Time to wake up?

B
Oh dear......... As far as I know, nobody ever tried to debate about Bahai (in my time here), and arthra's posts to remind of feasts and other activities were interesting.... always left in peace........ until the thread about unfair judgements/sentences upon three ladies in Iran.

And now Juan Cole's very clear ideas are to be criticise...... To be absolutely clear about the piece of Cole's that has been shown, here is a statement that was produced by the Bahai bosses in the past:-

‘The Dispensation of Baha’u’llah,’ a letter that is entirely devoted to explaining the principles underlying the Bahai Administrative Order,
'He thinks your question is well put: what the Guardian was referring to was the theocratic systems, such as the Catholic Church and the Caliphate, which are not divinely given as systems, but man-made, and yet, being partly derived from the teachings of Christ and Muḥammad are in a sense theocracies. The Bahai theocracy, on the contrary, is both divinely ordained as a system and, of course, based on the teachings of the Prophet Himself '.
" Inasmuch as the Order of Bahá’u’lláh is an integral part of the divine Revelation that He, as a Manifestation of God, has given us, one could say that this Order is essentially theocratic, but inasmuch as it is entirely devoid of any kind of clergy or priesthood, it is not at all a "theocracy" in the sense in which the term is generally used and understood. (Universal House of Justice"
The Baha’i Commonwealth of the future, of which this vast Administrative Order is the sole framework, is, both in theory and practice, not only unique in the entire history of political institutions, ..............................

If any wish to see the whole piece, I'll show it, but it's big.
Badger, your quote with "The Bahai theocracy, on the contrary, ..." is incomplete, making it misleading. The letter reads, "The Baha’i theocracy, on the contrary, is both divinely ordained as a system and, of course, based on the teachings of the Prophet Himself. This seems to reconcile the Guardian’s statement with Mr. Hofman’s."

David Hofman was one of the Bahais who believed in Bahai theocracy. He incorporated this belief into his commentary on the Will and Testament of Abdu'l-Baha, saying specifically that there had never been a theocracy, but there would be in the future. A study class in Los Angeles was reading Hofman's commentary, and noticed that it contradicts Shoghi Effendi on this point. For Shoghi Effendi, theocracies have existed and are a thing of the past, but for Hofman it is precisely the opposite. So Mrs. Oni finks, on behalf of the study class, wrote to ask for clarification.

By the way, the version of the Commentary that the study class was studying is not the same as the one currently published by George Ronald Publishers -- one glaring error in the older version have been corrected in the new version, and there are some minor changes.

Read more at

Back