How a 4th Dimensional Being Sees Us

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Veteran Member
Reaction score
8 min
Great channel, imo

We can start with 2 dimensional being
It does start with a two dimensional being. That's a flat being with no up or down, just forward and backward and sideways.

The gist of the video is that to us a four dimensional object would seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear into nowhere. A fourth dimensional being would exhibit properties such as omniscience that would seem impossible from a three dimensional world construct?

The gist of the video is that to us a four dimensional object would seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear into nowhere. A fourth dimensional being would exhibit properties such as omniscience that would seem impossible from a three dimensional world construct?
We are not yet there to propose omniscience, omnipresence or omnipotency.

We are not yet there to propose omniscience, omnipresence or omnipotency.
Yes, but in the same way you can look down from three dimensions and see the whole of a flat two dimensional circle, where a two dimensional being would only be able to see a line -- in the same way a four dimensional being could see your money inside your safe, or see you getting dressed in your bedroom, because his view would not be restricted by the three dimensional obstacle of the walls

@RJM

I remember reading the "Tao of Physics" circa 1975 and there the writer explains how for example a sphere(3D) becomes a circle(2D). So, the circle is the shadow of the sphere.
He then develops a similar mapping, where the 3D sphere is a shadow of a 4D sphere, the showing what a 4D would like to us.
I haven't looked at the book since then, but I was impressed.

Reactions: RJM
@RJM

I remember reading the "Tao of Physics" circa 1975 and there the writer explains how for example a sphere(3D) becomes a circle(2D). So, the circle is the shadow of the sphere.
He then develops a similar mapping, where the 3D sphere is a shadow of a 4D sphere, the showing what a 4D would like to us.
I haven't looked at the book since then, but I was impressed.
Exactly!

It does start with a two dimensional being. That's a flat being with no up or down, just forward and backward and sideways.
Right...so it is something we also don't have.

It starts .out ludicrous (read beyond my comprehension) and gets worse.

To me it is as incomprehensible as a.G!d being.

Right...so it is something we also don't have.

It starts .out ludicrous (read beyond my comprehension) and gets worse.

To me it is as incomprehensible as a.G!d being.
String theory predicts 11 dimensions. It has a large following by a lot of very serious people.
We already have a fourth dimension of time, although the video is talking about a fourth spatial dimension ...

I think I got something there. We are talking of spatial dimensions. Perhaps the fifth dimension may not be spatial. It can be something unrelated to space. It could be gravitation. I would weigh one tenth of what I weigh on earth if I were on moon. Gravity is due to mass.
Or it could be energy (aka mass). Think of what happens if there is no energy, no mass. The whole universe disappears in less than a blink of an eye.
There could be more things like that.
So that makes it at least five dimensions, mass; along with three spatial dimensions and time.
Perhaps that is what is meant by 'Ex-nihilo' or 'Pralaya', 'creation' and 'dissolution', 'folding' and 'unfolding'.
Good night. South Africa defeated a depleted Indian team in cricket. But we were already 2 up.

Last edited:
You know, that's very similar to something Aussie Thoughts once told me about how Aboriginals describe the universe in the dreamtime. Something along the lines of, everything being flat and mostly unseen until the 4 corners were brought together creating a sphere. Deep stuff....

20/20 isn't cricket
Yeah, this is 20/20 season. The India 1 leaves for Australia to play 20/20 World Cup, India 2 plays West Indies One-Day (50/50) matches. Indian Women's team plays for Asia Cup 20/20. :)

Last edited:
I just question what things look like in various dimensions...so much conjecture...science gets as loose as religion sometimes

I just question what things look like in various dimensions...so much conjecture...science gets as loose as religion sometimes

It is possible to project three dimensions onto two. Every painting, photography, movie... does that. The math is understood. It can be applied to four dimensional objects, to project an image into three (or two, for our computer screens).

So math is pretty "together" when it comes to multiple dimensions.

It is possible to project three dimensions onto two. Every painting, photography, movie... does that.
But isn't that just the illusion of 3D created by light and shadow? It appears 3 dimensional looking straight at it, but not viewed from an angle or the edge,

Back