Altered consciousness

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
The Divine love is the truth that all is one. It is what binds creation. It is the boddisattva vow not to accept liberation until all beings are free. It's beyond our conception. We see only what we need to see to exist as natural animal entities. But there is more. We are more. It's Plato's cave, imo

Thomas

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The Divine love is the truth that all is one... But there is more. We are more. It's Plato's cave, imo
I've gone dark a bit lately because I'm rediscovering Eriugena, seeing stuff there I didn't see before. As ever, this was kicked off by something in the writings of Henry Corin (Iranian Sufism) in the idea of angels not so much as 'persons' or 'things' but as a product of dynamic activity.

The way I'm looking at it is angels occur on the interface where between two ... (worlds, levels, hierarchies?) ... they are 'messengers' because they signal a change of state...

There is just the One, just the Self, and everything else is a manifestation of that, limited according to its nature and its state.

The human is somewhat unique (afaik) in that it is open to change. The person is how that particular manifestation perceives itself at any given moment...

Thomas

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thinking about it ...

Corbin was a friend of Jung, they were at Eranos Foundation in Ascona, Switzerland together. (Think you're a big of a Jungian?)

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Admin
Reaction score
I read a couple of Jung's psychological books, they went way over my head mostly. But my psychologist wife is always there to explain.

What I'm really into is his mystical, magical side - the seven Sermons to the Dead, his fantastic self-built wizard's tower on the shores of lake Zurich, his beautiful Red Book.

And I am mindful of his nasty role in cleansing German psychology of his Jewish colleagues. He later repented, but, well, it was rather late by then.

Aupmanyav

Search, be your own guru.
Reaction score
Do you have a place you go to sit, contemplate and alter your perception?
Is that why they call it an alter?

My brain should be like vegas...
Can be done any place, any time. Rather than alters, it sharpens the contemplation.
Vegas too is OK.
2 Sacrifice 3d
The future and past
Actually 3, present also. Just focus on the subject of contemplation.

RJM

God Feeds the Ravens
Admin
Reaction score
A hummingbird's heart beats around 900 times a minute, and it sees colours human beings can't see. How trivial that man should think the universe is limited to his own perception of it, imo