Jesse's 8th son

What makes you think I have not done the work? Or anyone else for that matter? Don't you think you might be jumping to unfounded conclusions?

I'll tell you why I think your perspective is rather myopic. I usually don't do this, but since you really really want to get into a contest of who can urinate more thoroughly, I'll indulge.

If you have not investigated whether there is truth in the cheap shots of random people on the internet (like me), then you have not diligently dug up all of your field to find the treasure, have you?

If you only look to a very limited part of the universe for truth, like a certain stack of holy books, then you are like the person searching under the street light for the keys they lost in the dark park, because the light is better under the street lantern.

Your turn, here's the mic. 2 minutes?

Thank you for allowing me to speak Cino.

If you believe for one moment that I only look to a very limited part of the universe for truth, like a certain stack of holy books, then you should go to the thread: ‘Religious books and a description of the Origins of the Universe according to science? and read my posts numbers 38, 40, 41 and 45.

The joy of it all brother is all of it, dang near every interchange we have had was to elicit these two last missives. Glad to know you finally beyond the waterfall that has been coming across.

Welcome to io

The joy of it all brother is all of it, dang near every interchange we have had was to elicit these two last missives. Glad to know you finally beyond the waterfall that has been coming across.

Welcome to io
You are not speaking to the Anointed are you wil ? To the Anointed, to whom you just sent post number 22 in the thread 'Do You Believe.'

Thank you for allowing me to speak Cino.

If you believe for one moment that I only look to a very limited part of the universe for truth, like a certain stack of holy books, then you should go to the thread: ‘Religious books and a description of the Origins of the Universe according to science? and read my posts numbers 38, 40, 41 and 45.
All right. I like science, too.

But how about other areas?

Are there "god-free zones" in the universe, do you think? Or do you rather think that every phenomenon is a particular dealing of God with your soul? Including someone on a website being snarky?

All right. I like science, too.

But how about other areas?

Are there "god-free zones" in the universe, do you think? Or do you rather think that every phenomenon is a particular dealing of God with your soul? Including someone on a website being snarky?

NO. . . . . All things were created through Him, by Him and for Him, without Him was not anything made that was made. He is the divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return at the close of each period of universal activity, or each generation of the universe. All that can be known about God is plain to us for He has made it plain in the creation itself, which is the manifestation of 'WHO HE IS.'

All that can be known about God is plain to us for He has made it plain in the creation itself, which is the manifestation of 'WHO HE IS.'
Including my snarky posts, and wil's, and the emotions they provoked in you?

Reactions: wil
Going off the responses to this thread and what I could find off Google, is this some kind of Biblical controversy?

No. 1 Samuel 17; 12, David was the son of Jesse, who was an Ephrathite from Bethlehem in Judah. Jesse had eight sons, and at the time Saul was king, he was already a very old man.

The mother of David already had two daughters and a son when she married Jesse.

Jesse's two adopted daughters Zeruiah and Abigail were sired by Nahash and presumably Jesse's 8th son, who is not named among his 7 biological sons, was a full brother to Zeruiah and Abigail and was also sired by Nahash, but what was his name, because Nahash had many sons, but apparently only one son by the mother of David,.

Last edited:
It can't be easy...

Correct, it's not easy finding the name of Jesse's 8th son, especially when the majority of Christians don't even know that late in life, Jesse, married a woman who had birthed two daughters and a son to a man named Nahash, who I believe was King Nahash of Ammon.

I believe the adopted son of Jesse. was Shobi the son of King Nahash, who fed King David and his supporters when they were fleeing from Absalom the son of David. But it's one thing to believe something and another to find the biblical evidence to prove it. Although even without the definitive proof, I believe that the spirit that came through Jesus has revealed the truth to me.

2 Samuel 17. 24-29; David had reached the town of Mahanaim by the time Absalom and the Israelites had crossed the Jordan. (Absalom had put Amasa in command of the army in the place of Joab. Amasa was the son of Jether the Ishmaelite; his mother was Abigail, the daughter of Nahash and the sister of Joab's mother Zeruiah.) Absalom and his men camped in the land of Gilead.

When David arrived at Mahanaim, he was met by Shobi son of Nahash, from the city of Rabbah in Ammon, and by Machir son of Ammiel, from Lodebar, and by Barzillai, from Rogelim in Gilead. They brought bowls, clay pots, and bedding, and also food for David and his men: wheat, barley, meal, roasted grain, beans, peas, honey, cheese, cream, and some sheep. They knew that David and his men would be hungry, thirsty, and tired in the wilderness. . . . . . . I also believe that Machir son of Ammiel, from Lodebar, is the brother of David's wife, Bathsheba the daughter of Ammiel.

Last edited:
Class! Class! Take your seats and be quiet please, the instructor is about to lay some facts on us!

Surely that is not what younare doing? There is absolutely no way you would come here and ask questions you have your own answers to and play games with us right?

You are totally sincere and coming to us like Nicodemus in the night right?

We are a discussion forum, we present ideas and talk about them.

We DO NOT pose questions to set traps so when someone answers we can regale them with our knowledge as we bask in our holier than thou glow.

Yes, we have seen it before, yes, the tenor of this early post set off my spidey senses and called you out, gave you the opportunity to fess up, but instead of fussing up you decide the best defense was a good offense

Come on bud, you are welcome to join the discussion, but we have no interest in gurus or professors, we have not enrolled in your cult or class.

You were right, you need no introduction, we have met before

We are a discussion forum, we present ideas and talk about them.

We DO NOT pose questions to set traps so when someone answers we can regale them with our knowledge as we bask in our holier than thou glow.

Yes, we have seen it before, yes, the tenor of this early post set off my spidey senses and called you out, gave you the opportunity to fess up, but instead of fussing up you decide the best defense was a good offense

Come on bud, you are welcome to join the discussion, but we have no interest in gurus or professors, we have not enrolled in your cult or class.

You were right, you need no introduction, we have met before

This is why one must be so wary about giving to much information about themselves to sarcastic, false accusing individuals who don’t know you from Adam, but form their own mistaken views.

Here. I am accused by the sarcastic false accuser, of setting traps, so when someone answers, I can regale them with my knowledge as I bask in my holier than thou glow.

He assumes that I am a greater theologian than the majority of those many, many, Christian theologians, who claim that the wise men visited the baby Jesus, either in the manger in Bethlehem or in a house in Bethlehem into which the family moved a few days after the birth of the child.

This sarcastic false accuser of my character, appears confident that after luring them into my trap and giving them the mental flogging of their life, I will regale them with my superior knowledge as I sit back and bask my holier than thou glow. He seems to believe that there is no way any can ever prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Back