THE BIBLE OF TODAY.

The Anointed

Reaction score
The Hebrew ‘TORAH’ is actually the five books of Moses, but the word Torah can also be used when referring to the complete Hebrew Bible or Tanakh, in that it includes not only the first five, but all the books of the Hebrew Bible and is also called “The Book of the Law” as seen in 2 Kings 22: 8; Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the secretary, “I have found the Book of the Law in the temple of the Lord.” He gave it to Shaphan, who read it etc.”

The Hebrew scrolls ‘The Book of the Law’ was housed only in Solomons Temple and were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops.

While Jewish tradition holds that all five books were originally written by Moses, the rewriting of the Hebrew bible according to the Jewish oral tradition was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time.

Between 3 and 2 hundred years before Jesus, a number of Jews in Alexandria translated the Hebrew Bible that existed in their day into Greek, which bible was called the Septuagint and when in the 4th century, Jerome translated the Latin Vulgate, rather than translate from the Greek, which language he was more familiar with, he opted to translate from the Hebrew Bible that was in existence in his day.

The Aleppo Codex, is the oldest Hebrew Bible in existence today and was written by scribes called Masoretes in Tiberias around 930 C.E. The Aleppo Codex is considered to be the most authoritative copy of the Hebrew Bible.

I don’t believe that there would be too many Jewish religious books around in Israel in 930 A.D., and after looking closely at the English translation of the Latin Vulgate and the English translation of the Mazorete’s Bible, I could almost be persuaded to believe that the Mazoretes translated their bible from Jerome’s 4th century Latin translation of the Hebrew Bible that still existed in his day.

Last edited:
While Jewish tradition holds that all five books were originally written by Moses, the rewriting of the Hebrew bible according to the Jewish oral tradition was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time.

Can you tell us which Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed?

I don’t believe that there would be too many Jewish religious books around in Israel in 930 A.D., and after looking closely at the English translation of the Latin Vulgate and the English translation of the Mazorete’s Bible, I could almost be persuaded to believe that the Mazoretes translated their bible from Jerome’s 4th century Latin translation of the Hebrew Bible that still existed in his day.

Your beliefs obviously don't take into account the Dead Sea Scrolls, which match the received Hebrew text, and which are rather older than 930 C.E.

What's your thing with Judaism, by the way? You seem to be irresistibly drawn to this sub-forum, but your posts are not in a spirit of wanting to learn more about the religion and its practitioners.

Can you tell us which Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed?

Did I say that the Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed? NO, What I did say was that the Hebrew scrolls were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and were rewritten in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition which was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time.

You must learn to comprehend that which you read Cino.

Your beliefs obviously don't take into account the Dead Sea Scrolls, which match the received Hebrew text, and which are rather older than 930 C.E.

O but they do, and if you believe for one moment that the remnant of 'ISAIAH' from the Dead Sea Scrolls marries perfectly with the Mazorete text, then it's obvious that you have done little study on the subject.

What's your thing with Judaism, by the way? You seem to be irresistibly drawn to this sub-forum, but your posts are not in a spirit of wanting to learn more about the religion and its practitioners.

Isn't the God of Abraham the God of Jesus? Without Judaism there can be no Christianity and I am a Christian and a child of the God chosen by Abraham. The God who came down to His own, but His own received him not and yet, to as many as received Him, gave HE the power to become the children of God.

The Israelites are of the line of firstborn from Noah the great grandson of Enoch.

Last edited:
Did I say that the Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed? NO, What I did say was that the Hebrew scrolls were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and were rewritten in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition which was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time.

You must learn to comprehend that which you read Cino.

Regardless of any reading comprehension shortcomings on my side, you just now repeated your assertion that, according to the Jewish oral tradition, the Torah was rewritten.

So which oral tradition are you referring to? Where can we find it?

T
Isn't the God of Abraham the God of Jesus? Without Judaism there can be no Christianity and I am a Christian and a child of the God chosen by Abraham.
And the place to discuss beliefs about Jesus is the Christian section. Moving this thread.

Last edited:
T
And the place to discuss beliefs about Jesus is the Christian section. Moving this thread.

This thread is discussing the OT and the Masorete text, will you please reveal where Jesus is mentioned in either book.

Regardless of any reading comprehension shortcomings on my side, you just now repeated your assertion that, according to the Jewish oral tradition, the Torah was rewritten.

So which oral tradition are you referring to? Where can we find it?

The oral tradition that was handed down from generation to generation.

The Written Torah cannot be understood without the oral tradition. Hence, if anything, the Oral Torah is the more important of the two.

The Written Torah cannot be understood without the oral tradition. Hence, if anything, the Oral Torah is the more important of the two.

Right. Having established that, do you have a reference as to where in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, as wrote a few posts back?

This thread is discussing the OT and the Masorete text, will you please reveal where Jesus is mentioned in either book.
You keep mentioning Jesus, so this thread belongs in the Christian section.

Right. Having established that, do you have a reference as to where in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, as wrote a few posts back?

Did I say that the Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed? NO I did not.
What I did say was that the Hebrew scrolls were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and were rewritten (I repeat) REWRITTEN in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition, which was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time. And let me add here, the Holy Spirit never changed a thing in the book of the law, the Tanakh which includes the Torah.

It might be advisable for you to get a friend to read post number 1 of this thread for you, it might save you the embarrassment of coming back with your false accusations, claiming that I said that the Torah was changed when it was rewritten in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition, which even blind people can see that I did not.

Does this give you joy?
NO; it gives me pain to see people falsely accusing others, simply because they did not rjghtfully comprehend what the one under their false accusation had said, and then repeat that accusation even after their error had been explained.

NO; it gives me pain to see people falsely accusing others, simply because they did not rjghtfully comprehend what the one under their false accusation had said, and then repeat that accusation even after their error had been explained to them.

NO; it gives me pain to see people falsely accusing others
Are you sure your ego did not get twisted and took umbrage with challenges to your comment?

I think your enjoyment at berating is becoming rather obvious and may just be the reason you post here, have you run into similar issues on other sites and still think it isn't you at fault? That dang mirror is strong in your words

I'm not accusing you of anything. Just asking for clarification.

So "rewritten" does not imply any changes? I was not aware of that shade of meaning, but English is my second language.

And as you know, the oral Torah was committed to writing a long time ago. It is possible to give something like chapter-and-verse references to its passages. So which passage do you mean which says the Thorah was "rewritten" (if not changed)?

All asked in good faith.

I'm not accusing you of anything. Just asking for clarification.

In your post number 2, you did ask when you said; 'Can you tell us which Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed?'

Post number 8 you said..... Right. Having established that, do you have a reference as to where in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, as wrote a few posts back?

There you go again. You ask me, do I have a reference as to where in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, as wrote a few posts back?

Please reveal in what post in this entire thread was it written that in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed,

So "rewritten" does not imply any changes? I was not aware of that shade of meaning, but English is my second language.

IF a friend asks for a copy of one of your recipes and you rewrite that recipe for them, that does not imply that you made any changes to that recipe, does it ?

And as you know, the oral Torah was committed to writing a long time ago. It is possible to give something like chapter-and-verse references to its passages. So which passage do you mean which says the Thorah was "rewritten" (if not changed)?

Yes, the oral Torah was committed to writing a long time ago, in fact, way back during the Babylonian captivity of 587 B.C. The words of some of the prophets such as Daniel who was taken captive at that time were actually recorded for the first time during the captivity also.

All asked in good faith.

OK.

So, are you going to give us an actual answer, rather than just repeating my question?

So, are you going to give us an actual answer, rather than just repeating my question?

In your post #2 you wrote; Can you tell us which Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed?

Then in post 8, you said; Right. Having established that, do you have a reference as to where in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, as wrote a few posts back?

And NO, I do not have a reference as to where you think in the Oral Torah it says that the Torah was changed, because the Oral Torah never did say that the TORAH WAS CHANGED.

IN MY POST #3 I responded to your post 2 with; Did I say that the Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed? NO, What I did say was that the Hebrew scrolls were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and were rewritten in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition which was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time.
If you are still having problems comprehending that, perhaps wil might help you to understand.

YOU said in post 16; It is possible to give something like chapter-and-verse references to its passages. So which passage do you mean which says the Thorah was "rewritten" (if not changed)?

Good heavens woman, when will you ever get it through your head that the entire Israeli book of the law which included the Torah was destroyed when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and the entire book of the law, which included the Torah was rewritten (not changed] according to the Jewish Oral Tradition. THE ENTIRE BOOK OF THE LAW NOT PASSAGES, I REPEAT, NOT PASSAGES

Did I say that the Jewish oral tradition claims that the Torah was changed? NO I did not.
What I did say was that the Hebrew scrolls were destroyed in 587 B.C. when the temple was sacked and burned by Nebuchadnezzar’s troops and were rewritten (I repeat) REWRITTEN in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition, which was a process that involved multiple authors guided by the Holy Spirit over an extended period of time. And let me add here, the Holy Spirit never changed a thing in the book of the law, the Tanakh which includes the Torah.

It might be advisable for you to get a friend to read post number 1 of this thread for you, it might save you the embarrassment of coming back with your false accusations, claiming that I said that the Torah was changed when it was rewritten in Babylon according to the Jewish oral tradition, which even blind people can see that I did not.
Do you believe that Ezra is the one who rewrote the Torah? This is a subject I'm currently researching. It finally explains why Ramses was mentioned during the time of Joseph and of Moses.

Back