What happens when God enters a life

Thinking required

Reaction score
Titus 3:3–8 (NASB95): For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
4 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,
5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.

In my version of your version G!d is always there...that whole omnipresent Thang.

G!d is all there is...

Just awaiting us to get woke.

I think the question in the OP is a bit backwards. G!d is always present.

Perhaps a more correct way of looking at it is "What happens when a life enters G!d?"

Reactions: RJM
We have to allow God to enter our life. Knock and the door will be opened seek and ye shall find. Scripture is very clear that non believers are worshipping the god of this world who He calls their father. Scripture also says And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting. Matthew 13:15 For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes— so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them.

In my version of your version G!d is always there...that whole omnipresent Thang.

G!d is all there is...

Just awaiting us to get woke.
Interesting since the Bible states that no one desires to even come to God. Sin has totally separated man from God.

Yes, God is ever present, so what? Does that mean that you know Him? Maybe you know about Him, but do you know Him. There is a different between know and know. Jesus would tell people who knew about Him that they didn’t know Him. Yes, it is a play on words. Many people know my wife, but I know my wife. When Jesus says about God; “that they may know you”, He certainly isn’t talking about a head knowledge.

I think we're beginning to move from sharing to proselytizing. I was concerned that was your ulterior motive.

You are not here to fellowship, you are here to convert. I'm out.

think we're beginning to move from sharing to proselytizing. I was concerned that was your ulterior motive.

You are not here to fellowship, you are here to convert. I'm out.
I can control what you think or want to believe. I am not here to convert anyone, I can do that since I am not God. I have said before, I want to challenge people. I don’t care what you believe, seriously. I don‘t care where people end up. I just dig for truth and if people are offended with that, then what can I say. This entire world runs on lies and no one really seems to care. Why is that. Lies, lies and more lies. We even lie to ourselves. It’s a fascinating concept. Why do people love lies more than that truth.
What exactly is sharing? Is not everyone here opinionated? Why even discuss issues that most people here do not even agree on. Why would a Muslim here be talking to a Christian. And now you claim that I am here to “convert”. I don’t have to rack up numbers like a Jehovah Witness to get into heaven. I find when people can no longer defend what they believe, they will act like you just have.

I'm curious too how sharing ones view of their faith can suddenly be proselytizing.heck I staunchly defend my faith here... I just randomly add IMO because that's all it is. My beliefs get challenged here all the time in every forum. Let me create a list . Jesus is not God .. there is no Trinity.. I don't have to do works because I'm saved by faith so my behavior doesn't natter .. my faith is based on Roman paganism... My bible is corrupted... I don't follow the commandments since I don't follow the Sabbath. Paul isn't a true apostle.. I could go on but these are ALL recent issues.

@Thomas being Catholic gets it worse than me but he has more patience than I do.

I don't think it's fair to be accused of proselytizing.

Must one defend what one believes?
I can see being asked to defend an idea if you want others to believe it...
In the absence of that, must one defend what one believes?
Sorry, once again I don't really know how to think on my own.

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,
15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.
17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.
18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Just need to work a little harder on the "gentleness" part.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), 1 Pe 3:14–18.

Sorry, once again I don't really know how to think on my own.

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,
15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.
17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.
18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;

Just need to work a little harder on the "gentleness" part.

New American Standard Bible: 1995 Update (La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation, 1995), 1 Pe 3:14–18.
Well, it is possible you could have summarized it by saying "Well, in 1 Peter there's a passage that says we should be ready to defend our beliefs to anybody who asks you to explain why you are hopeful. And I believe that statement was not only meant for the circumstances but for all people at all times, and I hold everyone to it"

Please do not expect that I will always make an airtight courtroom ready case for what I believe or do not believe.
It's relatively rare that I am trying to persuade anybody to adopt my beliefs.

I understand the concept but see and benefit from it differently.

I see the Son as always shining. Whether we are rotated away from Him or our thoughts cloud our judgement the shadow is of our doing, His light is always there.

Last edited:
I find when people can no longer defend what they believe, they will act like you just have.

People act like that to enact boundaries around their core values.

When someone withdraws from a conversation like that, it does not mean that they are at a loss for what to say, it means that you violated a boundary.

Challenging each other must happen in the open field between us. If you pursue someone into the private ground of their being, it is no longer a challenge, but a threat.

When someone withdraws from a conversation like that, it does not mean that they are at a loss for what to say, it means that you violated a boundary.
And/or that they don't see an productivity coming from continuation of a conversation.
Roughly the same thing @wil said

Well, it is possible you could have summarized it by saying "Well, in 1 Peter there's a passage that says we should be ready to defend our beliefs to anybody who asks you to explain why you are hopeful. And I believe that statement was not only meant for the circumstances but for all people at all times, and I hold everyone to it"
How many people would go and look up the passage??? Besides, it's God's Word that can change lives, not mine.

It's relatively rare that I am trying to persuade anybody to adopt my beliefs.
I have been accused of this here. I guess if I think that there is truth and try to get people just to seek truth (not my truth), then I could be guilty of this. I have my beliefs and then there is truth. My beliefs don't matter, truth does.

Back