Is Thomas OK?

juantoo3

....whys guy.... ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb
Reaction score
I've discovered I am unable to initiate a private message with any of the mods. Not sure what's up with that, but my purpose was to ask if Thomas is alright. I see he hasn't been around for a bit, and I know he has some issues he is dealing with. I want to assure him of my concern and continued prayers, and provide what little comfort I might.

I've discovered I am unable to initiate a private message with any of the mods. Not sure what's up with that
@Thomas does not allow anyone to initiate PM conversations with him; it has been his choice for many years, including when Steve was admin. There should be no problem contacting the rest us by PM; I've checked your permissions and there's no problem there -- so please let me know here if the problem persists?
my purpose was to ask if Thomas is alright.
According to his profile he was last seen on Sunday at 2.54pm, so it appears he has been checking on the forums ...

@Thomas does not allow anyone to initiate PM conversations with him; it has been his choice for many years, including when Steve was admin. There should be no problem contacting the rest us by PM; I've checked your permissions and there's no problem there -- so please let me know here if the problem persists?
Fair enough, but you were the next person I tried and I got the same "error" message, so may I presume you have your PM restricted as well? Not to point finger but the same for Cino. When I couldn't contact admin, I posted this thread.

Regardless, I do hope Thomas is OK given the circumstances, and I will continue to keep him and his in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: RJM
Fair enough, but you were the next person I tried and I got the same "error" message, so may I presume you have your PM restricted as well? Not to point finger but the same for Cino.
Would you try to contact me again, and let me know if there's still a problem?

Regardless, I do hope Thomas is OK given the circumstances, and I will continue to keep him and his in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm worried too. Should I email him, or might that be an overstep?

Hey everyone –

I got an insect bite in my ear which led to an infection which led to Bell's Palsy – paralysis of the left side of the face. Daughter thought I was having a stroke!

So for about eight days treatment was behind the curve as it were, and I was at hispital A&E every 2-3 days with new symptoms ... really boring.

That and a degrading hip joint – there's no cushion between the ball atop the bone and the socket – meant I've been stoked up with antibiotics and steroids and painkillers and in no mood to join conversations. Surprising how tiring the whole thing is ... so dipping my toes back in the water now.

Sorry to have gone quiet, I just couldn't get up enough steam.

Things on the med, hip replacement operation booked in for beginning of next month.

Also, I'll sort the PM conversation permissions.

Once again, thanks for your concern ...

+++

Hey everyone –

I got an insect bite in my ear which led to an infection which led to Bell's Palsy – paralysis of the left side of the face. Daughter thought I was having a stroke!

So for about eight days treatment was behind the curve as it were, and I was at hispital A&E every 2-3 days with new symptoms ... really boring.

That and a degrading hip joint – there's no cushion between the ball atop the bone and the socket – meant I've been stoked up with antibiotics and steroids and painkillers and in no mood to join conversations. Surprising how tiring the whole thing is ... so dipping my toes back in the water now.

Things on the med, hip replacement operation booked in for beginning of next month.

+++
Thomas! *pounce*

*Thomas finds himself drowning in a sea of :kitty:s, the only part of him poking out is the tip of his right index finger*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

@Thomas

Oh wow, wow wow! And your daughter has been in hospital too, for epilepsy and heart pacemaker. You've been going through a horrible few months!

Thank you for checking in and hopefully the hip replacement will make your life easier. It's quite understood that you may not be active on the forums for a while!

God bless and keep you and your family safe 🙏

Last edited:
Hey everyone –

+++
Glad you are back

Reactions: RJM
Hip replacement is due 8.30am Monday 7th August ... Fingers crossed it's not postponed.

I have a hospital follow-up this Thursday for my hearing – since the infection/Bells Palsy my hearing has not returned to what it was before. Might be just bunged-up ears in need of a clean, but I'm following up other possibilities such as Ramsey Hunt Syndrome ...

I'll be hospitalised (I imagine/hope) for a couple of days, then home for physio and rehab.

Hip replacement is due 8.30am Monday 7th August ... Fingers crossed it's not postponed.

I have a hospital follow-up this Thursday for my hearing – since the infection/Bells Palsy my hearing has not returned to what it was before. Might be just bunged-up ears in need of a clean, but I'm following up other possibilities such as Ramsey Hunt Syndrome ...

I'll be hospitalised (I imagine/hope) for a couple of days, then home for physio and rehab.
I hope and pray your surgeons are as good as mine were. I stood up out of bed the following day, and was able with some assistance to make it to the restroom the day after that. That's when they sent me home. They will give you exercises, if you do them you will be back at it with little or no pain in a very short time. I couldn't believe the amount of pain that disappeared overnight.

The downside is now I set off metal detectors at airports and courthouses, so I let them know as I step up to the machine and they wand me after.

Back