Is Thomas OK?

As it should be. Makes my dental surgery the other day and its aftermath seem like a walk in the park by comparison.

May you be blessed with r’fuah sh’leima - a complete healing.
Whoa, hope you are feeling better too!
Can you eat normally now? 🤔

With you gone, I've been forced to argue with Brits about their national religion.... football. I belong to a Facebook group that talks about random facts. The topic of football/soccer came about. I had the audacity to refer to football as a "peasant" sport because it's played on foot. The admin is from Britain. Every post I make is now under review from the admin. If I cite any sources to back up my claim, they get removed. Hopefully none of these Brits comes looking for me. They are REALLY upset about my claim!

With you gone, I've been forced to argue with Brits about their national religion.... football. I belong to a Facebook group that talks about random facts. The topic of football/soccer came about. I had the audacity to refer to football as a "peasant" sport because it's played on foot. The admin is from Britain. Every post I make is now under review from the admin. If I cite any sources to back up my claim, they get removed. Hopefully none of these Brits comes looking for me. They are REALLY upset about my claim!
Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans. Rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen?

My cousin says that football is just a bunch of grown-ups chasing after a piece of blown up leather.
You could quote ⬆️ as a random fact from a random Englishman who supports Spurs.😆 (Just don't mention my name)

Football/soccer is the only circumstance in Germany where flying the national flag is not automatically associated with being an ultra-nationalist nutcase. Outside this context, only the Government and outright German Supremacists will show the flag.

My cousin says that football is just a bunch of grown-ups chasing after a piece of blown up leather.
LOL that's the kind of thing my mom would say "They are all so rich they could buy their own ball. Why do they all have to fight over it?" I think she was referring to American football, but really to any sportsball.

Hi all – still here.

Pneumonia cleared up (I think), hip really going well, I'm exercising hard, but it's really knackering, and sitting at a computer for long periods of time is no good for my circulation!

Thanks all for your concern ... hopefully see my contributions increasing from here on.

Hi all – still here.

Pneumonia cleared up (I think), hip really going well, I'm exercising hard, but it's really knackering, and sitting at a computer for long periods of time is no good for my circulation!

Thanks all for your concern ... hopefully see my contributions increasing from here on.
Glad you're doing better! Welcome back!

Hi all – still here
Gosh I know how it was for me...thinking sapped my energy. Reading the updated discussion was interesting even when I was unable to respond.

I got better bud....back out on the playa, the dry lake bed of ancient lake lahonton which covered much of Nevada and Utah. Into the 90s by day 50s by night some fun sandstorm and one crazy city.

Back