The Mystery of God’s Will Unfolding in this Matrix 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is notable in all these threads that you've probably never ONCE asked anyone else to talk about their own beliefs, or showed the slightest interest, but only used the boards as a pulpit to evangelize.

This is kind of the vibe I get too. I understand that Baha'i places a strong emphasis on missionary work/evangelization, but its uncomfortable when every conversation gets steered back to Baha'u'llah's message.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I love prehistory. I don't think it proves that God sent prophets millions of years ago, though!
A great and wonderful morning to you and all, It was not supposed to 😁. It is just an indication that civilization is a lot more ancient than we had previously considered, suppprting that aspect of what Baha'u'llah offered back in the 1800's.

All the best, much happiness.

Regards Tony

(His many assertions that the followers of the Great Religions are just mimicing their fathers, going through the motions and following empty rituals and practices is just ignorant and actually quite offensive.)
This is kind of the vibe I get too. I understand that Baha'i places a strong emphasis on missionary work/evangelization, but its uncomfortable when every conversation gets steered back to Baha'u'llah's message.
Modesty, the comment RJM made to which you replied to and what Thomas offered in what I quoted above is why I do reply.

The mainstream faiths are set in their ways, they do not see they need to change to bring about God's Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven, the adherents to these Faiths expect they will be exonerated in their beliefs, that nothing they have done has contributed to the world we now live in.

Yet there is ample warnings in those scriptures that at the end of ages, that many would be practicing a faith far removed for its intent, especially Christianity and Islam.

Yet no one thinks it will be applicable to them. How wrong we can be, all the while bathed in our righteousness.

I can offer that, as it has been part of my journey.

Regards Tony

"The reality of divinity is sanctified above this degree of knowing and realization. It has ever been hidden and secluded in its own holiness and sanctity above our comprehending ... the Sun of Reality never descends from its own highest point and station.
Then he really doesn't comprehend the Christian Tradition, the Incarnation, the Christ-hymn of Philippians 2:6-11.
I would offer Abdul'baha did know Christian tradition. In the early 1900's he spoke in many churches across England and America, invited to do so.

I would offer Abdul'baha was giving a God given official interpretation. Thus that is the Quandary we face Thomas. The Word given of God is the balance.

Abdul'baha offered this.

"...Know that there are two kinds of knowledge: the knowledge of the essence of a thing and the knowledge of its qualities. The essence of a thing is known through its qualities; otherwise, it is unknown and hidden.As our knowledge of things, even of created and limited things, is knowledge of their qualities and not of their essence, how is it possible to comprehend in its essence the Divine Reality, which is unlimited? ... Knowing God, therefore, means the comprehension and the knowledge of His attributes, and not of His Reality. This knowledge of the attributes is also proportioned to the capacity and power of man; it is not absolute..."

I see it is by Christ we exist, and the indwelling Spirit is the Essence of Jesus the Christ and all the Messengers, Baha'u'llah offered it this way

"..Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light.... To a supreme degree is this true of man.... For in him are potentially revealed all the attributes and names of God to a degree that no other created being hath excelled or surpasssed.... And of all men, the most accomplished, the most distinguished, and the most excellent are the Manifestations of the Sun of Truth. Nay, all else besides these Manifestations, live by the operation of their Will, and move and have their being through the outpourings of their grace.

All the best Thomas, I guess that's is about all?

Regards Tony

The mainstream faiths are set in their ways, they do not see they need to change to bring about God's Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven, the adherents to these Faiths expect they will be exonerated in their beliefs, that nothing they have done has contributed to the world we now live in.

Wow. I'm sorry to burst your bubble Tony but the god of this world reigns supreme. He is the father of lies and many fall victim to it. I have no desire to be part of this world.. my home is with the Lord.
Yet there is ample warnings in those scriptures that at the end of ages, that many would be practicing a faith far removed for its intent, especially Christianity and Islam.
You are referring to the church of laodecia.. the lukewarm church that Jesus vomits from His mouth.
Yet no one thinks it will be applicable to them. How wrong we can be, all the while bathed in our righteousness.

I can offer that, as it has been part of my journey.

Regards Tony
None are righteous.. no not one.

Reactions: RJM
I would offer Abdul'baha did know Christian tradition. In the early 1900's he spoke in many churches across England and America, invited to do so.

I would offer Abdul'baha was giving a God given official interpretation. Thus that is the Quandary we face Thomas. The Word given of God is the balance.

Abdul'baha offered this.

"...Know that there are two kinds of knowledge: the knowledge of the essence of a thing and the knowledge of its qualities. The essence of a thing is known through its qualities; otherwise, it is unknown and hidden.As our knowledge of things, even of created and limited things, is knowledge of their qualities and not of their essence, how is it possible to comprehend in its essence the Divine Reality, which is unlimited? ... Knowing God, therefore, means the comprehension and the knowledge of His attributes, and not of His Reality. This knowledge of the attributes is also proportioned to the capacity and power of man; it is not absolute..."

I see it is by Christ we exist, and the indwelling Spirit is the Essence of Jesus the Christ and all the Messengers, Baha'u'llah offered it this way

"..Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light.... To a supreme degree is this true of man.... For in him are potentially revealed all the attributes and names of God to a degree that no other created being hath excelled or surpasssed.... And of all men, the most accomplished, the most distinguished, and the most excellent are the Manifestations of the Sun of Truth. Nay, all else besides these Manifestations, live by the operation of their Will, and move and have their being through the outpourings of their grace.

All the best Thomas, I guess that's is about all?

Regards Tony
So I went to Google and searched Abdul'baha visiting churches in North America and I get pages of search results from Baha'i sites ... I mean pages.. so as far as I know it's another lie your religion has made up to discredit Christianity.

Again, the issue for me isn't that you're Baha'i and believe your religion is the correct one, but that you don't show interest in other people's religions, and only seem to be interested in sharing Baha'u'llah's message.

Wow. I'm sorry to burst your bubble Tony but the god of this world reigns supreme. He is the father of lies and many fall victim to it. I have no desire to be part of this world.. my home is with the Lord.
Love can also be a veil. The key here is, Love can unknowingly bind us to this world.

Example. The Jews that rejected Jesus, had a Love of God that was shared by many, yet that Love did not result in their acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah.

That is really all I can say. Regards Tony

So I went to Google and searched Abdul'baha visiting churches in North America and I get pages of search results from Baha'i sites ... I mean pages.. so as far as I know it's another lie your religion has made up to discredit Christianity.
Oh dear, that is a good example of how one's frame of reference moulds their reality.

There are thousands of press articles. This visit was well received by the English and American Newspapers.

In a Bible at the City Temple in England, Abdul'baha wrote this. (Follows short introduction in bold)

The City Temple: Introduction

ON September 10th, the first Sunday after 'Abdu'l-Bahá's arrival in England, he spoke from the City Temple pulpit to the evening congregation at the special desire of the Pastor, the Reverend R. J. Campbell.
Though 'Abdu'l-Bahá's coming had not been advertised the Church was filled to its utmost capacity. Few that were there will ever forget the sight of that venerable figure clad in his Eastern garb, ascending the pulpit stairs to address a public gathering for the first time in his life. That this should be at a Christian place of worship in the West has its own deep significance. Mr. Campbell introduced the visitor with a few simple words in the course of which he said: "We, as the followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is to us and will always be the Light of the World, view with sympathy and respect every movement of the Spirit of God in the experience of mankind, and therefore we give greeting to 'Abdu'l-Bahá in the name of all who share the spirit of our Master, and are trying to live their lives in that Spirit. The Bahá'í Movement is very closely akin to, I think I might say is identical with, the spiritual purpose of Christianity."
Before 'Abdu'l-Bahá left the Church, he wrote in the old Bible used by generations of preachers, the following words in his own native Persian, the translation being added as follows:

Inscription in the Old Bible

Written by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in Persian

THIS book is the Holy Book of God, of celestial Inspiration. It is the Bible of Salvation, the Noble Gospel. It is the mystery of the Kingdom and its light. It is the Divine Bounty, the sign of the guidance of God.
'Abdu'l-Bahá 'Abbás

Regards Tony

Example. The Jews that rejected Jesus, had a Love of God that was shared by many, yet that Love did not result in their acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah.

That is really all I can say
Because Jesus did not and still does not meet the requirements. You really are much too clueless about other religions to commentate with such authority, Tony. You could learn a bit if you wanted to listen instead of bulldozing, imo

Last edited:
And Baha'i is not? How are the major world religions set in their ways, any more than Baha'i is? What does it mean to be set in their ways- that they accept their religion as true and definitive? Baha'i does the same.
The Baha'i's are still building the Administrative Order, we are far from set in our ways, but yes we will become set in our ways and yes we will eventually also stray far from the path God has given us, we have most likely already started?

That is this world, it is cyclic, faith is also cyclic.

Regards Tony

How much do you know about other religions -- apart from what you've read from Baha'i sources?
I was brought up as a Christian. I was baptised. I did Sunday school, I did church.

How much does anyone know about their Faith? Does that knowledge guarantee we will embrace Christ?

Regards Tony

Inscription in the Old Bible

Written by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in Persian

THIS book is the Holy Book of God, of celestial Inspiration. It is the Bible of Salvation, the Noble Gospel. It is the mystery of the Kingdom and its light. It is the Divine Bounty, the sign of the guidance of God.
'Abdu'l-Bahá 'Abbás
Pity he didn't read or understand it, lol

Because Jesus did not and still does not meet the requirements. You really are much too clueless about other religions to comment so authoritatively, Tony. You could learn a bit if you wanted to listen instead of bulldozing, imo
I am very aware of that RJM, it was an example of why people reject the Messengers, they have their own expectations, they are not looking for the Christs the way God gives the Christ's.

The best proof for Christ is the person, the best proof of the Messiah was the 'Self of Jesus'.

Regards Tony

Pity he didn't read or understand it, lol
Yet, he was invited to Churches across Europe, England and America. Also you may not have read the quote

"We, as the followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is to us and will always be the Light of the World, view with sympathy and respect every movement of the Spirit of God in the experience of mankind, and therefore we give greeting to 'Abdu'l-Bahá in the name of all who share the spirit of our Master, and are trying to live their lives in that Spirit. The Bahá'í Movement is very closely akin to, I think I might say is identical with, the spiritual purpose of Christianity."

Regards Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back