Down Thumb

Positive thinking and words are often good, but not always. We could use some negative "smily" options.
They come with the XenForo software. What we get is what we get, lol

Just looked at the XenForo site and their emoji offerings are plentiful - far more than the three we now have.
Yes but those are emojis when you reply to a post. They are not reaction 'like' emojis, as far as I know?

Yes but those are emojis when you reply to a post. They are not reaction 'like' emojis, as far as I know?
Do not know the difference - being a Luddite myself. But surely the staff can figure out how to add a negative or two emoji for reply to posts.

Do not know the difference - being a Luddite myself. But surely the staff can figure out how to add a negative or two emoji for reply to posts.
For 'reply' to posts there are zillions of emojis, but there are only three 'like' emojis, as far as I know. It's the software package? I think ....

I can 'like' a post without actually replying to it?

For 'reply' to posts there are zillions of emojis, but there are only three 'like' emojis, as far as I know. It's the software package? I think ....

I can 'like' a post without actually replying to it?
Got it - so get the staff to consider adding some "dislike" emojis.

@Nicholas Weeks
The general consensus seems to be to avoid including negative reaction emojis on the 'like' button. Rather just ignore posts we don't agree with but don't want to reply to

@Nicholas Weeks
The general consensus seems to be to avoid including negative reaction emojis on the 'like' button. Rather just ignore posts we don't agree with but don't want to reply to
Very PC, but short sighted. So to avoid negative emoijis, negative replies will spring up instead and be more common. Thus more verbal arguments which produce more irritation. Whereas a simple Disagree emoji avoids all that.

Reactions: RJM
Very PC, but short sighted. So to avoid negative emoijis, negative replies will spring up instead and be more common. Thus more verbal arguments which produce more irritation. Whereas a simple Disagree emoji avoids all that.
It's the consensus so far. If I don't like a post, I can either reply and say my piece, or just move on?

However a 'down thumb' icon is available, though disabled on this site, along with other negative emojis.

Comments are invited from other members?

Last edited:
Thus more verbal arguments which produce more irritation. Whereas a simple Disagree emoji avoids all that.
Disagree.

We are a chat forum, a discussion forum.

We use a combination of 26 emojis to clearly state our opinions on a post or topic.

We encourage concise, amicable discussion, not throwing darts from afar.

As usual I am in favor of us being us...our flavor of interfaith discussion and moderation.

All are welcome to participate with our tools and rules here, or travel to the "better" more popular site with its bells and whistles...or build their own better mousetrap.

Disagree.

We are a chat forum, a discussion forum.

We use a combination of 26 emojis to clearly state our opinions on a post or topic.

Have not explored all the threads & forums, but so far I only see the same three emoji options. Where are the 23 others?

Reactions: RJM
Have not explored all the threads & forums, but so far I only see the same three emoji options. Where are the 23 others?
What you are looking for is a 'dislike' button.
The 'like' button rewards others by increasing their reaction score.
It's a form of charity.
..and you want a form of penalising people by pushing a 'dislike' button?

It's different on say Youtube, where it is more of a vote on millions of users videos.

It's a form of charity.

It's different on say Youtube, where it is more of a vote on millions of users videos.
I support @Nicholas Weeks

It's a form of charity.
Reaction score - now I see it to the left under our names. Did not realize such existed, nor why it is used to stroke our egos? What - pray tell - are Points for?

Reaction score - now I see it to the left under our names. Did not realize such existed, nor why it is used to stroke our egos?
You get likes you da man ...

Like Facebook

Last edited:
Back