Beyond Complications

JustGeorge

Reaction score
Its not uncommon for spiritual/religious people to set up some kind of practice for themselves. Perhaps it involves meditation, the reading of scripture, or prayer around some schedule (either a daily one, or a greater yearly one).

But what of when your time is not yours? When chaos reigns and a person has little control of their time...

How would you practice in those situations?

If ya mean those times when it feels like you are underwater with just enough time at the last minute of breath to get your head above water to gasp for air...and then right back under?

Ya find moments when you can do whatever you can do in those moments.

But in those times... When folks are starved for time, food, water, safety, compassion, sleep, and/or whatever... I don't think any of us can expect these people will be responding in normal, rational, logical ways.

Last edited:
Any action performed by the body in the midst of chaos can, in the mind, be performed in service to God. If one is truly unable to make time for such a practice outlined in the OP, then one can make any action a spiritual/religious practice.

This is karma yoga.

Apparently someone got lost, maybe made a wrong turn. The Politics and Society subform is a couple subforums south of here. When you get there just take the exit that says Gaza-Israel.

Apparently someone got lost, maybe made a wrong turn. The Politics and Society subform is a couple subforums south of here. When you get there just take the exit that says Gaza-Israel.
Me thinks that may be the very place that lead them here.

I pray twice a day, 30 minutes overall. I have a lot of free time, but honestly I find it hard to even do that for some reason. I think almost everyone has time to pray or meditate everyday, it's just really hard to motivate, especially if you have a busy schedule and you're tired all the time. The best time to pray when you don't have much time is in the morning and the evening imo.

But what of when your time is not yours? When chaos reigns and a person has little control of their time...
How would you practice in those situations?
I have passed the age of chaos. Now it exists in the life of my son and daughter-in-law. They are rushing here and there.
I do not practice anything other than discussing things in forums. The rest have already been practiced. :)

I have passed the age of chaos. Now it exists in the life of my son and daughter-in-law. They are rushing here and there.
I do not practice anything other than discussing things in forums. The rest have already been practiced. :)
I would think chaos could hit at any time! (Though I'm glad it has not for you.)

Back