The Way of Salvation

Dear Dor

Yes i agree, I just found this.

"The Book of John and Revelation are Gnostic/Essene in origin. Paul was very revered by them but I wouldn't call Paul an outright Gnostic. His spiritual experience on the road to Damascus in Acts is typical Gnosticism or spiritual enlightenment.

Gnostism predates Christianity and is not a rip-off of Christianity as the church claims. It is written that without the influence of Gnosticism, there would be no Christianity, in particular, Protestantism.

This thread is about salvation and not gnostism, so yes it does come back to our individual understanding and experience of GOD. How Jesus as shown us individually the way to salvation, and of course that can be different for each and every individual because everyone of us is unique and have had different life experience that we have wished to be saved from.

So Jesus is the way and the life.

being love

Kimxxx

(Salvation)
swthriva soteria Strongs 4991

1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
  1. deliverance from the molestation of enemies
  2. in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
    1. of Messianic salvation

1. salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
  2. future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.
Fourfold salvation: saved from the penalty, power, presence and mostimportantly the pleasure of sin. A.W. Pink

Used in Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 2 Corinthians, Ephesians, Phillipians, 1 and 2 Thesselonians, 2 Timothy, Hebrews, 1 and 2 Peter Jude and Revelation

swthvrioß soterion strongs 4992
  1. saving, bringing salvation
  2. he who embodies this salvation,
  3. or through whom God is about to achieve it the hope of (future) salvation
Used in Luke, Acts, Ephesians and Titus

(Save)

sw/vzw sozo Strongs 4892

1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
  1. one (from injury or peril)
    1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health
    2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
  2. to save in the technical biblical sense
    1. negatively 1b
  3. to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment 1b
  4. to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon

Cant quite figure out how you got your definition lol.. Seems like you embellished or something or didnt post all of the listed definition.

Nice try though :)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Back