coffee, tea or soda?

lunamoth

Episcopalian
Reaction score
Coffee before 11 a.m., milk no sugar.

Soda around 4 p.m., vanilla coke if you've got it (no diet flavors, pleaase!).

Tea in the evening, like Jean Luc Picard, earl grey, hot.

What's your beverage?

I'm curious, can any of our UK members fill me in on the proper protocol for "Tea." When is it? What's served? Do you personally observe tea time or is it old fashioned?

lunamoth said:
Coffee before 11 a.m., milk no sugar.

Soda around 4 p.m., vanilla coke if you've got it (no diet flavors, pleaase!).

Tea in the evening, like Jean Luc Picard, earl grey, hot.

What's your beverage?

I'm curious, can any of our UK members fill me in on the proper protocol for "Tea." When is it? What's served? Do you personally observe tea time or is it old fashioned?
coffee every morning...like a whole POT.
diet soda all day long (any flavor)...like a 2 liter per day, sometimes more.
and a good hot tea on the weekends toward evening. Like earl grey, orange and spice. bigelow makes good tea.

Tea pretty much all day (preferably loose-leaf, but I'll drink prepacked tea in a pinch).

My favorite teas are:
Soo Mee white, Mutan White, Moroccan Mint, Earl Grey, Russian Caravan (which is strong enough you can practically chew the stuff when brewed properly), green tea, and a number of herbal teas/infusions (NOT Bengal Spice from Celestial Seasonings! :p ) I'll also drink fruit juice and mulled cider/wine (the wine on occasion.) I bake with coffee, though (real coffee cakes ;) and brownies.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

i'm find of cream soda, but my current diet won't allow it- too much sugar.

i'll only take in caffine when i have to stay up until three working on something- as i don't drink coffee or tea very often, ususally one cup will be enough to keep me going all night.

whoo!

Love tea. All day long. No sugar. Any kind of tea, I'll try it. I usually buy Green Tea (And add a piece of ginger to it) or Peppermint Tea. Never get bored with it. Coffee is nasty and sodas make me crazy (at least since I've gotten older. I think between the ages of 15 and 25 I didn't drink anything but sodas). I get all antsy and want to run around in circles when I've had sodas. When I was taking Chemistry classes I was drinking coffee. Never thought it tasted good but it gave me the desired affect at work - being awake. Maybe not so much alert as I was awake.

Lemonade - fresh squeezed when possible. What can I say, I grew up with a lemon tree in my front yard that bore lemons all year round. I got spoiled.:) But if I can't find fresh squeezed, Crystal Light lemonade mix will do just fine, thanks. Which reminds me, I need to mix a new pitcher of it; the old one is almost gone.

Caffeine-free diet Pepsi is my first choice for carbonated drinks, followed by Sprite (not sugar-free) and Mug root beer.

I usually drink water. I love water. Sometimes I drink soy milk. It's usually vanilla but I get chocolate or coffee once in a while. In the morning when I can't wake myself up I'll have coffee. Sometimes I'll have tea in the evening. But in general I stick to water and I stay away from soft drinks.

Dauer

Coffee. Preferably snobby hippy, organic, fair-trade coffee--too expensive for my own good and brewed strong. Most likely black, but sugar and milk on some days. I've been known to put brown sugar in it before. One time, I put ice cream in my coffee. That was okay. I've found that chocolate doesn't melt well in coffee.

Tea is good, too. Any kind of tea, you name it. Earl Grey? Check. Green tea? Oh yeah. Morrocan Mint teasan? Why not? My favorite thing to do with tea is get a bunch of fresh herbs and stuff them in my tea pot, then pour the boiling water over them. Smells great, tastes great, and oh so relaxing.

Sodas are mostly yuck, although I did drink some Dr Pepper last week. Call it a craving. Dr Brown's Ginger Ale is also the bomb, as the kids say.

I'm a cofffee drinker. It doesn't really matter the type as long as it gives me my daily dose of caffeine. The rest of the day, I won't say no to a tea or a soda. :D

I don't know what I'll do if caffiene is ever found to be detrimental to health, but so far I have heard of nothing significant. I'm totally dependent. :)

Tea, Earl Grey, with the water just under boiling. I also like going to the local Russian tea room, for their double boiled tea with lemon, in a glass. At a standard restaurant in America, I have to ask that they bring me boiling water, where as in Canada, I just need to ask for a cup of tea, and they know exactly how to make it...;)

v/r

Q

cold drink: lemonade! total addict!!

and teas..i love em. especially mint tea... black seed and mint tea before bed time is very relaxing and it makes ya drowsy. i have a hard time falling asleep sometimes, so that helps. use honey instead of sugar, its better for ya.

Quahom1 said:
At a standard restaurant in America, I have to ask that they bring me boiling water, where as in Canada, I just need to ask for a cup of tea, and they know exactly how to make it...;)
Well, I think it's easy to make it for you, Q. :)

What an interesting thread!

I gotta have my wake-up cup of coffee in the morning, but after too many years of too much coffee my kidneys scream when I drink too much of it.

Water and green tea are my favorites through the day, although a hot chocolate is wonderful on a cold winter day! Used to drink Dr. Pepper like it was going out of style, but I seldom drink soda pop anymore (he says having just finished a Coke). (*Yeah, but it was the only one in over a month*)

PS:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm a schizophrenic
And so am I!

Hello Juan,

Nice to see you agian amongs us.:)

Do you have any preferences for the coffee ?

PS I followed you example and got back to the University for a short programme of 5 courses this year in Pharmacy.

lunamoth said:
What's your beverage?

umm thats something my great gran does so its old fashioned I think but its nice to have it once in a while with my grandmother cause its very relaxing.

ummm

About 8:00A.M - Coffee - Black no suger or milk just a bit of cold water*.

About 4:00P.M - Coffee - *

And usually about 4 more after that between 4:30 - 6:00 P.M

At about 9:00P.M my dad makes me a cup of hot chocolate.

Oh my, Geist ! I thought my dose of caffeine was high, but you beat me with your daily dose. :D

Back