Revelation, are you ready?

hey Tommy:) , spring has been wonderful here. thank you. i am going to get back to you on 18 tomorrow. that scripture has been on my mind for a year now real strong.
be good my brother.
love in Christ

tommy said:
Hey Bandit: Wow, it's already Spring, hope your doing well.

I think Chapter 18 IS the Revelation that is revealed to true worshipers of God. It says to get out of false religion. Chapter 18:4 says "...Get out of her my people if you do not want to share with her in her sins.

Then Rv 18:23-24 says:

23 and no light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; because your traveling merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, for by your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled. 24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Rather then answering this, what building does a voice of a bridegroom and a bride get heard in??? Second clue: What building do do the top ranking men of earth preach in? What building houses idols that have graven images that demons lurk on that Moses told us is "detestable" to God? Chapter 24 makes me think of the Inquisition and what was happening to those who read the Bible during that time. My thoughts, tommy

i see how you are drawing that together & it does make sense to me. i have been seeing some kind of paradigm shift on the earth, where Christianity ceases to exist & is taken over by a bunch of jerks because they do not want to hear about the bridegroom.

the very thought of not hearing the voice of the bridegroom on the earth NO MORE AT ALL is most terrifying to me, more than anything i can really think of. this leads me to think that we are at the marriage supper or somewhere else for awhile, while the earth continues in darkness & bitterness as the salt of the earth has been removed. i say this because before it, it is talking about the earth & the inhabitants of merchants & the blood of saints & nations being deceived etc...
right??
Jesus is that light that shines, but will not shine any more...the thing is Jesus shines through his people, so this leads me to believe the people are gone from the earth & getting married finally.

i am still not sure what i am seeing but your post on the builidng is making sense to me as well because there is something else about the bride/ or bridegroom chambers & you are correct that it is in the building where you hear them speak to each other.

there is so much on my mind lately about all this i dont even know where to start...but go ahead of me.:)

i agree it is revealed to true worshippers.

Bandit said:
i see how you are drawing that together & it does make sense to me. i have been seeing some kind of paradigm shift on the earth, where Christianity ceases to exist & is taken over by a bunch of jerks because they do not want to hear about the bridegroom.

the very thought of not hearing the voice of the bridegroom on the earth NO MORE AT ALL is most terrifying to me, more than anything i can really think of. this leads me to think that we are at the marriage supper or somewhere else for awhile, while the earth continues in darkness & bitterness as the salt of the earth has been removed. i say this because before it, it is talking about the earth & the inhabitants of merchants & the blood of saints & nations being deceived etc...
right??
Jesus is that light that shines, but will not shine any more...the thing is Jesus shines through his people, so this leads me to believe the people are gone from the earth & getting married finally.

i am still not sure what i am seeing but your post on the builidng is making sense to me as well because there is something else about the bride/ or bridegroom chambers & you are correct that it is in the building where you hear them speak to each other.

there is so much on my mind lately about all this i dont even know where to start...but go ahead of me.:)

Bandit said:

right??

Hey Dear Brother Glen (Bandit):

Chapter 18 in Revelation is the climax of the Bible in my opinion. I bought the Bible on CD's and had to play Revelation over and over until the message finally sunk it. Then I started to try and make appropriate changes in my life. The mind has to be open to take in the words and it can be easilty blocked out if the mind is not ready for it. It is about God's soviergnty and right to rule. We chose (Adam and Eve) that man was going to make his own decisions and rule ourselves and God allowed us to make our decisions because time moves forward for us and it stays still for Him as he is the Alpha and the Omega with no beginning and no end and therefore no time.

I read Job Chapter 38 the other day and his power is so almighty it sent chills up my spine.

Revelation 18 (the fall of false religion) is not about the fall on one religion. It the fall of the mass of false religion. It can mean a lot of different things to different people, but I tried going through it over and over and any religion focused on the contents of what is being discussed falls under the discussion. The would include fornicators, murderers, praise to idols and man since God is the supreme ruler. I will not identify one religion because I don't believe there is one religion that will fall. I now look forward to Armagedon when Jesus wins his war over Satan. The time is coming soon because there is only one prochecy in Daniel that has not been fulfilled which is who is the next King of the North. We don't know, but it's pretty scarey when the systems falls what will happen. Thats why the true worship to God as the Supreme Ruler is so important now and why we need to repent from idols, false teachings, praise to men (Saints, Religious Leaders), Doctrines and pray to God through Jesus without the use of Graven Images.

Mark 7:7-8 "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men. Letting go the commandment of God, you hold fast the tradition of men"

When Rev 18 happens our money and possessions have no value. The only treasure we have hope in is building a true Worship to God through Jesus.

Here is the whole Chapter 18 of Revelation that one really needs to conteplate on and discern for themselves. I find it amaing that Revelation is the least read chapter in the Bible and contains the most information through the symbolism that John tells us in the first Chapter. He was 95 when he penned it and therefore it is not about the fall of Jerusalem around 600 BCE.

Revelation 18:1-24

1 After these things I saw another angel descending from heaven, with great authority; and the earth was lighted up from his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a lurking place of every unclean exhalation and a lurking place of every unclean and hated bird! 3 For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen [victim], and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the traveling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.”
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if YOU do not want to share with her in her sins, and if YOU do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.
9 “And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’
11 “Also, the traveling merchants of the earth are weeping and mourning over her, because there is no one to buy their full stock anymore, 12 a full stock of gold and silver and precious stone and pearls and fine linen and purple and silk and scarlet; and everything in scented wood and every sort of ivory object and every sort of object out of most precious wood and of copper and of iron and of marble; 13 also cinnamon and Indian spice and incense and perfumed oil and frankincense and wine and olive oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep, and horses and coaches and slaves and human souls. 14 Yes, the fine fruit that your soul desired has departed from you, and all the dainty things and the gorgeous things have perished from you, and never again will people find them.
15 “The traveling merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of [their] fear of her torment and will weep and mourn, 16 saying, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, clothed with fine linen and purple and scarlet, and richly adorned with gold ornament and precious stone and pearl, 17 because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!’
“And every ship captain and every man that voyages anywhere, and sailors and all those who make a living by the sea, stood at a distance 18 and cried out as they looked at the smoke from the burning of her and said, ‘What city is like the great city?’ 19 And they threw dust upon their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning, and said, ‘Too bad, too bad—the great city, in which all those having boats at sea became rich by reason of her costliness, because in one hour she has been devastated!’
20 “Be glad over her, O heaven, also YOU holy ones and YOU apostles and YOU prophets, because God has judicially exacted punishment for YOU from her!”
21 And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: “Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again. 22 And the sound of singers who accompany themselves on the harp and of musicians and of flutists and of trumpeters will never be heard in you again, and no craftsman of any trade will ever be found in you again, and no sound of a millstone will ever be heard in you again, 23 and no light of a lamp will ever shine in you again, and no voice of a bridegroom and of a bride will ever be heard in you again; because your traveling merchants were the top-ranking men of the earth, for by your spiritistic practice all the nations were misled. 24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Take care, tommy

tommy said:
Hey Dear Brother Glen (Bandit):

Chapter 18 in Revelation is the climax of the Bible in my opinion. I bought the Bible on CD's and had to play Revelation over and over until the message finally sunk it. Then I started to try and make appropriate changes in my life. The mind has to be open to take in the words and it can be easilty blocked out if the mind is not ready for it. It is about God's soviergnty and right to rule. We chose (Adam and Eve) that man was going to make his own decisions and rule ourselves and God allowed us to make our decisions because time moves forward for us and it stays still for Him as he is the Alpha and the Omega with no beginning and no end and therefore no time.

I read Job Chapter 38 the other day and his power is so almighty it sent chills up my spine.

Revelation 18 (the fall of false religion) is not about the fall on one religion. It the fall of the mass of false religion. It can mean a lot of different things to different people, but I tried going through it over and over and any religion focused on the contents of what is being discussed falls under the discussion. The would include fornicators, murderers, praise to idols and man since God is the supreme ruler. I will not identify one religion because I don't believe there is one religion that will fall. I now look forward to Armagedon when Jesus wins his war over Satan. The time is coming soon because there is only one prochecy in Daniel that has not been fulfilled which is who is the next King of the North. We don't know, but it's pretty scarey when the systems falls what will happen. Thats why the true worship to God as the Supreme Ruler is so important now and why we need to repent from idols, false teachings, praise to men (Saints, Religious Leaders), Doctrines and pray to God through Jesus without the use of Graven Images.

Mark 7:7-8 "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men. Letting go the commandment of God, you hold fast the tradition of men"

When Rev 18 happens our money and possessions have no value. The only treasure we have hope in is building a true Worship to God through Jesus.

Here is the whole Chapter 18 of Revelation that one really needs to conteplate on and discern for themselves. I find it amaing that Revelation is the least read chapter in the Bible and contains the most information through the symbolism that John tells us in the first Chapter. He was 95 when he penned it and therefore it is not about the fall of Jerusalem around 600 BCE.

Take care, tommy

yah. we are in agreement & i see what you are saying. i think those scriptures are definately compatible with Ch. 18.
i have been reading that since i was 11 or 12 years old. i also agree it is not about one single religion, but the whole big picture on the face of the earth. i could talk to you for hours about this but we can just touch base from time to time.

have a nice weekend Tommy & hold fast to that which was first delivered. keep building your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ:) .

Bandit said:
i know. it is weird to me. it is also strange what the last decade has brought about. i keep justifying it myself by generation gap, but i dont think so.

you know what i love about you so much?...

the way we see in the beginning the same & the way we see in the end the same. you have said some awesome things that put things into perspective for me. what else i love about you, is we have this neat way of meeting in the middle too & i have always found you to be a blessing because of that:)
i am mostly just trying to admonish you for your strength & courage & faith in the Lord Jesus Christ & the written Word & finding your own independence & freedom through Jesus.
Praise the Lord!

:D That means a lot, Bandit. It is this kind of love and expression that keeps me grounded and reminds me where home is when I start to wander off. Love is not a weakness as so many in the world today think; Love is how we are in the world but not of the world. It is the ritual that lifts us higher unto God.

I'll be concentrating on Revelation 18 this weekend.

Bandit said:
hey mee, i think we are on the same page here. i would like to hear what you are seeing in the latter part of chapter 18, especially verses 23 & 24.

also, earlier in the book are you seeing the seals & trumpets without wrath, except for some wrath in the trumpets? & them come the bowls that are filled with wrath...or what are you seeing with that?
it is my belief as a JW , that this babylon the great (the world empire of false religion) that will be destroyed by God, is blood guilty. when Jesus was on earth, he said to the religious leaders in Jerusalem that they were accountable for all the rightous blood spilled on the earth, from the blood of rightous Abel onwards ,so that crooked generation was destroyed in 70 C.E. matthew 23; 35-38 ......today, another generation of religionists bears bloodguilt for its persucution of Gods servants, and for ALL of those slaughtered on the earth. yes many wars are religious wars, and also in the eyes of God the religious leaders have not taught their followers Jesus teachings, their adherents have been drawn into the vortex of international warfare (world war 1 and 2) yes they have slaughtered one another ,fellow religionists slaughtering one another , and claiming to be christian , but not adhering to bible principles. yes Jehovah lays the blame for all this bloodguilt at the feet of babylon the great . if the religious leaders had taught bible truth, such massive blood shed would not have ocurred

Back