Finish the sentence: "I love it when...."

...I'm given more than a month's notice of a probable change in housing situation (but I'd rather find out before a standing doctor's appointment.)

What I mean is that I'm going to find out what gives with my apartment complex Tuesday after my doctor's appointment, but I know that I have roughly a year to find new accommodations if the complex is sold/whatever.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I love it when my kids discuss which cliff in the UK to throw me off when I get too senile!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love it when my significant other gives me a neck massage ...:)

I love it when: The summer departmental meeting is canceled before I start the 1.5 hour commute and I read the email in time.

I am greeted by a furred purrson with a catnip toy carried in her mouth like a prize, or when said furred purrson plays a rousing game of Catch-the-Tail either on a dinette chair or the openwork of the bed's headboard (especially when she falls off and looks at me with the "I meant to do that" look that felines tend to have.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

...I read/hear about something posted online that presents a sane perspective concerning blatant discrimination (in the latest case, Trump's Islamophobia/call for a ban on Muslim refugees.) The latest viral retort was by a former British soldier who lost a leg in Afghanistan (or was it Iraq?) that he posted on Facebook. I found out about the posting on Yahoo (I won't post the link unless StevePame gives the "green light".:oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: Lux
I found out about the posting on Yahoo (I won't post the link unless StevePame gives the "green light".:oops:
I appreciate you waiting to get my approval, Phyllis, but I trust you all. You've been successfully posting links well before I arrived.

Thanks for the link, wil. It is an inspirational video in its retort.

I love it when a 12 year old makes it to the next round on "America's Got Talent" and announces that they've waited for this their entire life....

I love it when:

You come in way under budget on a project and are told to keep the change!:)

Last edited:
I'm having enough trouble just wrapping my head around the idea of coming in under budget and now you're telling us they actually let you keep the surplus?:confused:
Yeah, it's usually the other way round. On this one, the studio gave me a certain amount of money above my usual fee and royalty agreement for expenses and to hire a crew. That was one of the stipulations I made prior to signing the contract. Any road, I ended up only using about half so I returned the rest with my final expense report. A few days later they sent it back saying no one had ever returned unused monies before and I should keep it for a job well done. Definitely unexpected, but I ain't complaining mate!;)

Last edited:
Back