Mesopotamian Origins

Discussion in 'Graeco-Roman' started by Gnostradamus, May 26, 2005.

1. juantoo3

juantoo3 ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb

Now you are confusing me, mee.

In another thread just the other day you tried to tell me it was a political system, not a religious one. :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

The babylon the great , spoken of in the book of revelation is, THE WORLD WIDE EMPIRE OF FALSE RELIGION and Gods people are told to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 . no confusion just good plain talking :)

3. Dream

Dream New Member

Gnostradamus, I know I've seen the overlap of the mythologies on a website somewhere but I can't remember....

You should skim the first bit of Jacob Bryant's A New System; or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology. Its free at gutenberg.org

Jacob Bryant spent a lot of time and effort studying etymological clues in the names of mythological gods of world mythologies, so he shows the similarities between, say, the Egyptian, Babylonian, and Grecian. His goal was to somehow connect them all to Genesis and his works never really caught on, but I'm sure that at least he'd cover the bit of information you are looking for.

4. Dream

Dream New Member

Have you ever looked at Jacob Bryant's A New System or Analysis of Ancient Mythology. It sounds very similar to what you're doing.