Mesopotamian Origins

the bible speaks about BABYLON THE GREAT And Gods people are commanded to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 , the book of revelation is highly symbolic for the most part , but here it is very clear what this is refering too .

IT IS THE WORLD EMPIRE OF FALSE RELIGION .

And it is a very big confusion :)

Now you are confusing me, mee.

In another thread just the other day you tried to tell me it was a political system, not a religious one. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Now you are confusing me, mee.

In another thread just the other day you tried to tell me it was a political system, not a religious one. :confused: :confused: :confused:
The babylon the great , spoken of in the book of revelation is, THE WORLD WIDE EMPIRE OF FALSE RELIGION and Gods people are told to GET OUT OF HER revelation 18;4 . no confusion just good plain talking :)

Gnostradamus, I know I've seen the overlap of the mythologies on a website somewhere but I can't remember....

You should skim the first bit of Jacob Bryant's A New System; or, an Analysis of Antient Mythology. Its free at gutenberg.org

Jacob Bryant spent a lot of time and effort studying etymological clues in the names of mythological gods of world mythologies, so he shows the similarities between, say, the Egyptian, Babylonian, and Grecian. His goal was to somehow connect them all to Genesis and his works never really caught on, but I'm sure that at least he'd cover the bit of information you are looking for.

Gnostadamous said:
Here are some that I researched, but they're admittedly not perfect;
  • Greek____________Vedic________________Mesopotamian
  • Chaos & Nyx _____ Kasyapa & Aditi _______Apsu & Tiamat
  • Uranus & Gaea ____Varuna & Gauri _______ Anshar & Kishar
  • Cronus & Rhea ____Dyaus Pita & Prthivi ____An & Ki_______
  • Zeus ____________Indra ________________Enlil__________
The Vedic Dyaus Pita could be Zeus' equivalent though, especially since Zeus' Roman equivalent Jupiter is also known as Deus Pater.

What do you think?
Have you ever looked at Jacob Bryant's A New System or Analysis of Ancient Mythology. It sounds very similar to what you're doing.

Back