most important quote?

Dor

Bible Thumper
Reaction score
Just want to get some thoughts going. If you had to show someone the one most important quote from the bible what would it be? By quote I mean verse, or 2 not necessarily what any one person said.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

To me that says it all.. God loved us so much that He gave His Son to us so that any that believe in Him need not perish but have eternal life.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want...

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death...I will fear no evil

For Thou art with me...

(Pslam 23:)

For me, that says it all. ;)

v/r

Q

Galations 3:24 24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

why?

because when we look at the Law of God it shows us our sinfulness, The Law stops us justifing ourselves and being self righteous . it brings us humbly to the feet of the saviour that we may be jusified by faith in the sacrifice of Christ when he bore Gods wrath in our place and so that we can have our sins removed and declared righteous in His sight.

to put it simply

we broke the Law and Jesus paid our fine

From 1st Corinthians, v.12-13:
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. :)
I believe this to have been the heart of Christ's message, reproduced faithfully and eloquently in this instance by St. Paul.

Verse 12 addresses our human frailties and shortcomings, without belittling us or reducing our true worth ... while verse 13 is a testament to Christ's purpose on earth, as also to God's purpose for each and every one of us.

Peace,

protokletos

Kindest Regards, all!

Oh my, so many to choose from...

The verse(s) that spoke to me most deeply when I first read them would have to be the first handful of verses of Proverbs 2, which paraphrase for me as "seek wisdom as for hidden treasure." Those words have guided me ever since.

yah, that is a tough thing to choose from.

I am going with this from the OT in Michah

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I see it very simple hear & what God is looking for in us.

& this from the NT in Acts

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

I see this as the keys to the kingdom that Jesus gave to Peter & Peter loving the Lord Jesus, feeding his sheep in this sermon. I also see the death burial & resurrection of Jesus here & the promise of the Comforter coming to abide in us.

Hello, Praise God for His Love, and Peace to All Here--

If you had asked me what verse was "most beloved" to me, I might have a very difficult time answering.

Most important? Well, John 3:16 is a given....

I think I will add this to the list--Christ's answer when the Pharisees asked Him which commandment was the greatest:

" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.' " (Matthew 22:37-40)

InPeace,
InChrist,
InLove

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite....Daniel 2;44 humans make should a mess of their Goverments,rulership , and kingdoms no wonder God is going to put them out of action ,and Gods king who is Jesus christ, will rule in the right way

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do thisIsaiah 9;6-7

InLove said:
" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.' " (Matthew 22:37-40)
I definitely agree with InLove on this one. Even when I still considered myself a Christian, I have to admit this verse meant more to me even than John 3:16. As far as I'm concerned, every religion in the world boils down to these two points.

matthew 24;14
And this GOODNEWS of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.:)

matthew 24;14
And this GOODNEWS of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.:)
Thank God it didn't end with Matthew...

And for now in these the last days ,

true knowledge is abundant Daniel 12;4

And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant."

and the gathering of the GREAT CROWD goes on revelation 7;9-10:)

After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb."

matthew 24;14
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

those who respond to the GOODNEWS are looking to the right channel for salvation

psalm 146;3
Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

and they are all waving their symbolic palm branches to welcome Gods reigning king JESUS CHRIST. and they all know who the creator of heaven and earth is, it is JEHOVAH who is sat on the throne .

Back