Gods war

M

mee

Armageddon​

Definition: The Greek Har Ma·ge·don´, taken from Hebrew and rendered "Armageddon" by many translators, means "Mountain of Megiddo," or "Mountain of Assembly of Troops." The Bible associates the name, not with a nuclear holocaust, but with the coming universal "war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Rev. 16:14, 16) This name is applied specifically to "the place [Greek, to´pon; that is, condition or situation]" to which earth’s political rulers are being gathered in opposition to Jehovah and his Kingdom by Jesus Christ. Such opposition will be shown by global action against Jehovah’s servants on earth, the visible representatives of God’s Kingdom.

I'm not sure that I've heard much on Jehovah's Witnesses bearing the brunt of any particular war of such - and it's also worth bearing in mind that just because someone may feel persecuted, does not equate with being righteous. :)

It's also worth putting across the question as to why you would not interpret the Jews as being the obvious servants referred to?

May as well make a discussion topic out of what is otherwise blank statement. :)

of course this war of God is not derected at jehovahs people , but the nations in oposition to Jesus christ as king in the heavens ,are being gathered to geather by satan the deviland then Jehovah will show his power on behalf of his people ,the bible tells us that it will appear as if there is no way out for Gods people , but at that time God will step in and prove that he is with his people . they are not litral jews but spiritual jews from all nations

Rev. 19:19: "I saw the wild beast [human political rulership as a whole] and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army,.....so these ones are at war with God and do not want to recgonize Jeusus kingship in the heavens , so anyone on the earth who puts their trust in this heavenly kingdom will be regarded as Gods peopleby God .so there is only one side to be on at that time

Matt. 12:30: "He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters

2 Thess. 1:8: "He brings vengeance upon those who [by choice] do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.
2 Pet. 3:9: "Jehovah . . . is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."​

Luke 18:7, 8: "Shall not God cause justice to be done for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night, even though he is long-suffering toward them? I tell you, He will cause justice to be done to them speedily."​

2 Thess. 1:6: "It is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you [his servants]............wow i know whose side i want to be on .so its satans influence that is pushing the nations to the world situation that will result in war against God?Rev. 16:13, 14: "I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon [Satan the Devil; Rev. 12:9] and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty ......satans unclean inspired expressionsclearly sybolize propaganda designed to maneuver all human rulers ,kings into opposition to Jehovah God.satan is making sure that they are firmly on his side when the war of the great day of Jehovahbegins.know wonder that the Goodnews of the kingdom is being preached in all the earth before Jehovah steps in
(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. (Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances."(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first(mark 13;10)so no one can say that they havent been warned can they​

Last edited by a moderator:
mee said:
of course this war of God is not derected at jehovahs people , but the nations in oposition to Jesus christ as king in the heavens ,are being gathered to geather by satan the deviland then Jehovah will show his power on behalf of his people ,the bible tells us that it will appear as if there is no way out for Gods people , but at that time God will step in and prove that he is with his people . they are not litral jews but spiritual jews from all nations

Rev. 19:19: "I saw the wild beast [human political rulership as a whole] and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army,.....so these ones are at war with God and do not want to recgonize Jeusus kingship in the heavens , so anyone on the earth who puts their trust in this heavenly kingdom will be regarded as Gods peopleby God .so there is only one side to be on at that time

Matt. 12:30: "He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters

2 Thess. 1:8: "He brings vengeance upon those who [by choice] do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.
2 Pet. 3:9: "Jehovah . . . is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."​

Luke 18:7, 8: "Shall not God cause justice to be done for his chosen ones who cry out to him day and night, even though he is long-suffering toward them? I tell you, He will cause justice to be done to them speedily."​

2 Thess. 1:6: "It is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you [his servants]............wow i know whose side i want to be on .so its satans influence that is pushing the nations to the world situation that will result in war against God?Rev. 16:13, 14: "I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon [Satan the Devil; Rev. 12:9] and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty ......satans unclean inspired expressionsclearly sybolize propaganda designed to maneuver all human rulers ,kings into opposition to Jehovah God.satan is making sure that they are firmly on his side when the war of the great day of Jehovahbegins.know wonder that the Goodnews of the kingdom is being preached in all the earth before Jehovah steps in

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. (Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances."(Revelation 14:6) And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people,Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first(mark 13;10)so no one can say that they havent been warned can they​
Mee, you had a medium sized post with a lot of dead air space below, so I removed that part from your post. I did not touch your text or content.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Mee, you had a medium sized post with a lot of dead air space below, so I removed that part from your post. I did not touch your text or content.

v/r

Q
sorry , its no good being thick with out showing it LOL i am rubbish on computers:)

mee said:
sorry , its no good being thick with out showing it LOL i am rubbish on computers:)
Nah, nothing of the sort...just long with the "pregnant pause". :D

Since Armageddon is "the war of the great day of God the Almighty," there is nothing that humans can do to postpone it.

Jehovah has set an "appointed time" for that war to start. "It will not be late."—Habakkuk 2:3.

"THE great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying of it very much." (Zephaniah 1:14)

"THE great day of Jehovah is near. It is near, and there is a hurrying of it very much." (Zephaniah 1:14)
Yes the great day is near...this was written prior to 600 BC.

So since maybe you think near means 2,600 years...it may as well mean 5,200 or 10,400 when the doomsayers will still be waiving their signs.

ps. they were in DC on the 20th with their megaphones and signs insisting that Obama was an indication of the end of times...yikes.

ps. they were in DC on the 20th with their megaphones and signs insisting that Obama was an indication of the end of times...yikes.

daniel 2;44 in the days of those kings it will crush and put an end to all those kingdoms

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite Daniel 2;44

do not put your trust in nobles nor in the sons of men PSALM 146;3

Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.PSALM 146;3​

KISS THE SON PSALM 2 ;12

Namaste mee,

You are nothing if not consistent. If anyone inquires specifically about one of your posts or asks a question requiring further detail you are always willing to completely ignore the question and your own previous post and just continue down another road.

It is sort of like mee types in tongues...oblivious to the current surroundngs...

Yes the great day is near...this was written prior to 600 BC.

So since maybe you think near means 2,600 years...it may as well mean 5,200 or 10,400 when the doomsayers will still be waiving their signs.

Hey, Mee. Like.... basically every Christian (and for that reason I'm scratching my head as to why you posted this, Mee), I also feel that things are moving toward the end: that the news of Jesus Christ has almost been preached around the world, that nations are slowly moving into a position where war on a global scale is possible, that Christians are falling away from their faith in droves, etc, etc. I believe that the prophecies will be fulfilled, just as they are written.

However, I don't think that Christians should try to scare others into believing in Jesus because of the things that we know are coming. Wil has provided the proof: the more that Christians preach doom and gloom, the less appealing Christ becomes to those who don't know him. Doom and gloom belongs on the front page of the newspaper; though these things will come, they are not things that God finds pleasure in.

Was the point of your original post to, in a sense, frighten people into line, Mee? Or am I misreading the intent?

Was the point of your original post to, in a sense, frighten people into line, Mee? Or am I misreading the intent?
its all about GOODNEWS ,When God steps into the affairs of humans it will get rid of the wicked and then the righteous can go on to live in a paradise earth Daniel 2;44

Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; and you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.

But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it."—Psalm 37:10, 11, 29

Armageddon is not a human war confined to a particular location in the Middle East. It is Jehovah’s war, and it is global.

At Armageddon, Jehovah will not ruin our globe in a cataclysmic conflagration. Rather, he will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth."—Revelation 11:18.

As shown by the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, since 1914 we have been living in the last days of this system of things.

Marking the final part of the last days will be the period that Jesus called the "great tribulation." The Bible does not say how long that period will be, but the calamities associated with it will be worse than anything the world has ever seen.

That great tribulation will culminate at Armageddon.—Matthew 24:21, 29.
Since Armageddon is "the war of the great day of God the Almighty," there is nothing that humans can do to postpone it. Jehovah has set an "appointed time" for that war to start. "It will not be late."—Habakkuk 2:3.​

As shown by the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, since 1914 we have been living in the last days of this system of things.

Marking the final part of the last days will be the period that Jesus called the "great tribulation." The Bible does not say how long that period will be, but the calamities associated with it will be worse than anything the world has ever seen.

That great tribulation will culminate at Armageddon.—Matthew 24:21, 29.

Namaste Marsh,

You see Mee has the moments where the automaton acts human and speaks of flowers in his garden. But if you ask him a direct question he simply cuts and pastes from a JW site without regard for copyrights without regard for their site or for this forum...or anyone's souls.

From testigosdejehova.es/e/20051201/article_02.htm
As shown by the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, since 1914 we have been living in the last days of this system of things.* Marking the final part of the last days will be the period that Jesus called the “great tribulation.” The Bible does not say how long that period will be, but the calamities associated with it will be worse than anything the world has ever seen. That great tribulation will culminate at Armageddon.—Matthew 24:21, 29.
Does that look familiar.

Then if mee is censored for not abiding he claims he is martyred as no one wants to hear the truth.

You are correct, it is a shame that folks chase others away from their beliefs. It is a testament to the bumper sticker, "Jesus, save me from your followers"

Armageddon is not a human war confined to a particular location in the Middle East. It is Jehovah’s war, and it is global.

I think the only war that God ever fought has been won already by Jesus; he saw Satan fall to Earth like lightning, so either the war in heaven between Satan & Michael happened while Jesus was on Earth, or Jesus was testifying to what had become predetermined by the efforts of his disciples who had gone to spread the good news.

Armageddon refers to an actual, physical confrontation; otherwise, what need is there to dry up the Euphrates to make way for the armies of the East?

Answer carefully; Wil's watchin'! :);):)

PS: The next time I have history papers to grade, do you think you could help me search for plagiarists, Wil? :)

Answer carefully; Wil's watchin'! :);):)

PS: The next time I have history papers to grade, do you think you could help me search for plagiarists, Wil? :)
Yes I can help, can show ya how, won't do it for ya though. My elder brother and wayshower taught me that rather than give a person a fish, teach them to fish, and become fishers of men, and women.

Back