resurrection

M

mee

Mans real hope is the resurrection,the coming forth of the dead to an earth restored to paradise conditions. those who have served God will be blessed for their faithfulness. those who have died without finding God will have the opportunity then. thus,there is going to be a resurrection of both the rightous and the unrightous.(acts 24;15)only those whom God judges unworthy will not recieve a resurrection. wow a resurrection on the earth ,and not in heaven for the most of us . man was made for the earth would you not agree?

mee said:
Mans real hope is the resurrection,the coming forth of the dead to an earth restored to paradise conditions. those who have served God will be blessed for their faithfulness. those who have died without finding God will have the opportunity then. thus,there is going to be a resurrection of both the rightous and the unrightous.(acts 24;15)only those whom God judges unworthy will not recieve a resurrection. wow a resurrection on the earth ,and not in heaven for the most of us . man was made for the earth would you not agree?
Yes I'd agree that man is made for earth but I'd think that all are resurrected not just those God deems worthy and that in the end heaven and earth will be united.

JJM said:
Yes I'd agree that man is made for earth but I'd think that all are resurrected not just those God deems worthy and that in the end heaven and earth will be united.
those in Gods memory will be resurrected john5;28-29

mee said:
those in Gods memory will be resurrected john5;28-29

you mean :[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]"Wonder not at this: for the hour cometh wherein all that are in the graves shall hear the voice of the Son of God.

[/font][font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And they that have done good things shall come forth unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment."

[/font]

my hope is in the resurrection too!

& yes i believe all things will be restored & we will live forever on the earth. heaven & earth will be like one thing all combined together. cant explain that but yes i believe.

JJM said:
you mean :[font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]"Wonder not at this: for the hour cometh wherein all that are in the graves shall hear the voice of the Son of God.

[/font][font=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]And they that have done good things shall come forth unto the resurrection of life: but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment."

[/font]

The word ta´phos (grave) gives emphasis to the idea of burial, the words mne´ma (tomb) and mne·mei´on (memorial tomb) lay stress on the thought of preserving the memory of the deceased person this is the words used in John 5;28-29

In view of the underlying thought of remembrance associated with mne·mei´on, the use of this word (rather than ta´phos) at John 5:28 with regard to the resurrection of "all those in the memorial tombs" seems particularly appropriate

The basic idea of remembrance involved in the original Greek words for "tomb" or "memorial tomb" also gives added meaning to the plea of the thief impaled alongside Jesus to "remember me when you get into your kingdom."—Lu 23:42

yes Jehovah has a book of remembrance
At that time those in fear of Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion, and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening. And a book of remembrance began to be written up before him for those in fear of Jehovah and for those thinking upon his name (malachi 3;16)

Jesus indicated that not everyone would be resurrected. He was replying to a sly question put to him by the Sadducees, who believed that nobody would be resurrected. He spoke of "those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead." (Luke 20:35) His words imply that not all will have proved worthy of being resurrected in God’s promised new system of things.

So are you implying some will be worthy of resurrection purely for the sake of eternal damnation and some won't be worthy of it at all.

JJM said:
So are you implying some will be worthy of resurrection purely for the sake of eternal damnation and some won't be worthy of it at all.
the bible tells us those whom God resurrects will have the chance to live forever .those who God chooses not to resurrect will just be dust .in other words they are dead .eternal damnation is not a bible teaching .it is a case of life or death thats all.

mee said:
the bible tells us those whom God resurrects will have the chance to live forever .those who God chooses not to resurrect will just be dust .in other words they are dead .eternal damnation is not a bible teaching .it is a case of life or death thats all.

so what do you consider the "resurrection of judgment"

JJM said:
so what do you consider the "resurrection of judgment"
the wages sin pays is death (romans 6;23) so any who are remembered by Jehovah God will be judged on how they live their lives on the earth from the time after their resurrection.but if they choose to be rebellious and oppose the rules ,then they will get the second death, the second death is a death with no hope of a resurrection so the judgement starts after they are resurrected
"Dust you are and to dust you will return."—GENESIS 3:19

mee said:
the wages sin pays is death (romans 6;23) so any who are remembered by Jehovah God will be judged on how they live their lives on the earth from the time after their resurrection.but if they choose to be rebellious and oppose the rules ,then they will get the second death, the second death is a death with no hope of a resurrection so the judgement starts after they are resurrected
"Dust you are and to dust you will return."—GENESIS 3:19

Why would God remember someone if he was going to judge them to the second death but still leave some people unremembered if he would do nothing but judge them to the second death too? Why judge some to the second death when not remembering them would just leave them in the same place if he’s not going to do it for everyone?

JJM said:
Why would God remember someone if he was going to judge them to the second death but still leave some people unremembered if he would do nothing but judge them to the second death too? Why judge some to the second death when not remembering them would just leave them in the same place if he’s not going to do it for everyone?
because he must have already judged them unworthy of a resurrection . he reads hearts remember ,those who he does resurrect may choose to follow the rules then the second death would not apply but everlasting life would.

mee said:
because he must have already judged them unworthy of a resurrection . he reads hearts remember ,those who he does resurrect may choose to follow the rules then the second death would not apply but everlasting life would.

so the people who he judges worthy of resurrection will not only have the capability of sin but will also use it. and then when they do they will die again.

Two distinctly different concepts of resurrection from two faiths that do not have a whole lot in common (other than Jesus is Lord and savior). Let's remember that, and not get too involved or hot under the collar, in the nuts and bolts of this thread. ;)

"I believe..." usually stems off the feeling of an accusative coming on.

v/r

Q

JJM said:
so the people who he judges worthy of resurrection will not only have the capability of sin but will also use it. and then when they do they will die again.
Are ,but remember ,the opposer of Jehovah God will not be around then to mislead people ,he has been put out of the way for a thousand years ,things will be differant then ,the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one at this point in time , but not then . it will make a difference to people coming to an accurate knowledge of God when he is out the way .remember the trouble started back in Eden only when the opposer showed up. this world as we know it now has always had satan around but just think when he is not around people can learn about God . and the bible even says that there will be new scrolls ,who knows what will be in them . exiting times i would say . it is Jehovahs purpose to have humans living forever on a paradise earth and that purpose will be acomplished even thou satan has put a damper on it at the momment, Jehovahs purpose will be fullfilled.

mee said:
Are ,but remember ,the opposer of Jehovah God will not be around then to mislead people ,he has been put out of the way for a thousand years ,things will be differant then ,the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one at this point in time , but not then . it will make a difference to people coming to an accurate knowledge of God when he is out the way .remember the trouble started back in Eden only when the opposer showed up. this world as we know it now has always had satan around but just think when he is not around people can learn about God . and the bible even says that there will be new scrolls ,who knows what will be in them . exiting times i would say . it is Jehovahs purpose to have humans living forever on a paradise earth and that purpose will be acomplished even thou satan has put a damper on it at the momment, Jehovahs purpose will be fullfilled.

I agree (Except for your overly literal interpretation of Revelation as far as I'm concerned the scrolls, if I know what you’re taking about, were the Book of Revelation and the 1000 year reign is already taking place.) but that is my point. How can someone completely showered by the grace of God, with out any temptation, who was good enough in life that God deemed them worthy of eternal life still reject Jesus? Unless they were already doing it when they died but if that is so why would God deem them worthy of resurrection in the first place or at least over the next hardened sinner?

JJM said:
I agree (Except for your overly literal interpretation of Revelation as far as I'm concerned the scrolls, if I know what you’re taking about, were the Book of Revelation and the 1000 year reign is already taking place.) but that is my point. How can someone completely showered by the grace of God, with out any temptation, who was good enough in life that God deemed them worthy of eternal life still reject Jesus? Unless they were already doing it when they died but if that is so why would God deem them worthy of resurrection in the first place or at least over the next hardened sinner?

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds....rev 20;12

other scrolls that will be opened during the Millennial Reign. What will these be? For example, in Moses’ day there were laws that meant life for the Israelites if they obeyed. (Deuteronomy 4:40; 32:45-47) in the first century, new instructions were given to help faithful ones to follow Jehovah’s principles under the Christian system of things. (Matthew 28:19, 20; John 13:34; 15:9, 10) Now John reports that the dead are to be "judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds." Evidently, then, the opening of these scrolls will showJehovah’s requirements for mankind during the thousand years. By applying in their lives the regulations and commandments of those scrolls, obedient humans will be able to attain finally to everlasting life .but it is possible to be erased from the book of life

(Psalm 69:28) Let them be wiped out of the book of the living ones, And with the righteous ones may they not be written in.

(Daniel 12:1) "And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book.

(Philippians 4:3) Yes, I request you too, genuine yokefellow, keep assisting these [women] who have striven side by side with me in the good news along with Clement as well as the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

(Revelation 3:5) He that conquers will thus be arrayed in white outer garments; and I will by no means blot out his name from the book of life, but I will make acknowledgment of his name before my Father and before his angels.

(Revelation 17:8) The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world.......so it will be possible to be erased from the book of life if we do not obey . it will certainly sort people out dont you agree .

But now if you will pardon their sin,—and if not, wipe me out, please, from your book that you have written." However, Jehovah said to Moses: "Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book EXODUS32;32-33so maybe they are written in ,in pencil , just incase LOL plus as far as i am aware the 1000 years will not start un till satan is put out of action in the abyss he will not be able to have any contact with the kingdom of rightousness .what a relief for mankind....revelation 20;1-3

mee said:

And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds....rev 20;12

other scrolls that will be opened during the Millennial Reign. What will these be? For example, in Moses’ day there were laws that meant life for the Israelites if they obeyed. (Deuteronomy 4:40; 32:45-47) in the first century, new instructions were given to help faithful ones to follow Jehovah’s principles under the Christian system of things. (Matthew 28:19, 20; John 13:34; 15:9, 10) Now John reports that the dead are to be "judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds." Evidently, then, the opening of these scrolls will showJehovah’s requirements for mankind during the thousand years. By applying in their lives the regulations and commandments of those scrolls, obedient humans will be able to attain finally to everlasting life .but it is possible to be erased from the book of life

(Psalm 69:28) Let them be wiped out of the book of the living ones, And with the righteous ones may they not be written in.

(Daniel 12:1) "And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book.

(Philippians 4:3) Yes, I request you too, genuine yokefellow, keep assisting these [women] who have striven side by side with me in the good news along with Clement as well as the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

(Revelation 3:5) He that conquers will thus be arrayed in white outer garments; and I will by no means blot out his name from the book of life, but I will make acknowledgment of his name before my Father and before his angels.

(Revelation 17:8) The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss, and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world.......so it will be possible to be erased from the book of life if we do not obey . it will certainly sort people out dont you agree .

But now if you will pardon their sin,—and if not, wipe me out, please, from your book that you have written." However, Jehovah said to Moses: "Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book EXODUS32;32-33so maybe they are written in ,in pencil , just incase LOL plus as far as i am aware the 1000 years will not start un till satan is put out of action in the abyss he will not be able to have any contact with the kingdom of rightousness .what a relief for mankind....revelation 20;1-3

I think those books have written in them the deeds of those men and the names of those God has given/ not given eternal life to thus they will be judged by them. They don’t contain new rules we already have the fullness of revelation. I thought you were referencing this scroll though

"And I saw, in the right hand of him that sat on the throne, a book, written within and without, sealed with seven seals"Revelation 5:1 but this is a side conversation you have yet to answer my question.

JJM said:
I think those books have written in them the deeds of those men and the names of those God has given/ not given eternal life to thus they will be judged by them. They don’t contain new rules we already have the fullness of revelation. I thought you were referencing this scroll though

"And I saw, in the right hand of him that sat on the throne, a book, written within and without, sealed with seven seals"Revelation 5:1 but this is a side conversation you have yet to answer my question.
no i was not refering to that scroll , remember it will take a 1000 years for mankind to get back to the perfection of the first man and woman on the earth (Adam and Eve)then we will be in the same postion as Adam and Eve and then Satan will be let loose for a little while ,who knows what sort of tactics Satan will use to get us to go against Gods sovreignty...rev 20; 7-9a again it will sort out those who are not loving God...as you mentioned rev 5;1 this scroll is the scroll that Jehovah has entrusted to Jesus christ he alone has the aurthorityin the heavens and the earth to recieve this scroll and then make known its message....matthew 28;18
And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: "All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth......also as far as i am aware the 1000 year reign of christ will not start untill after armaggedon. yes he is now king in the heavens , but the reign on the earth will not happen untill after Gods war and the abyssing of satan.

Back