About the Introductions board!

Free online reading?

Brother Douglas writes:

FYI.., I have a book that I'm very proud of, my first .., I just got my draft, today... It's called WHOLINESS and it's all about my journey, thus far. You can read it online.., by downloading it, or pick up a copy here ... www.lulu.com/taobrothers[/quote]

You can read it online.., by downloading it...

Well, Brother, how do I access your free online text of 'Wholiness'. I am really most interested to read about your spiritual sojourn, and learn from your spirituality.

What I came across are invitations to buy your book.

Susma Rio Sep

Susma Rio Sep said:
Brother Douglas writes:

[/url]

You can read it online.., by downloading it...

Well, Brother, how do I access your free online text of 'Wholiness'. I am really most interested to read about your spiritual sojourn, and learn from your spirituality.

What I came across are invitations to buy your book.

Susma Rio Sep

JUST GO to www.Wholiness.com ...it's the open text of the book. I don't have a method for you to download it other than the aforementioned one.

Thanks for the interest.

BD

Kudos!

Thanks, Brother Douglas. I salute you for your goodness in sharing your religious thoughts with others.

You say in your Introduction:

What did Jesus actually say about same-sex spiritual love relationships, or homosexuality, for the lack of a better word? And, more importantly, could I be Christian and homosexual? Was there a place of service in the Kingdom for me, being such a man?

Even if Jesus is silent on the above paragraph, I for my own part accept you perfectly as a brother in the big brotherhood or sisterhood of mankind.

One unsolicited observation: Legal same sex marriage will be more and more available to gay and lesbian couples; the institution seems to be obsolescent among squares; you will be its conservator.

Susma Rio Sep

Greetings

I am enjoying the TaoBrothers website!

I tried to attach my picture. Let's see if it works out. I'm 33, live near Philadelphia, and am a practicing Buddhist (Theravadin).

Nice to meet everyone.

Hi Zenda71, and welcome to CR. :)

Anyone problems, feel free to me and I'll get your avatar up. :)

I am everybody, except...

Your humble servant, Susma Rio Sep, is an ecumenical character in religion.

I accept all religions except their if any violent tendencies or teachings and obvservances, which are counterproductive to physical health and mental sanity, and also a good productive enjoyable life for oneself and one's neighbors.

As I accept all religions with the above reservations, I don't think that I have to defend any, and I don't carry the label of any.

I was brought up in Catholic educational institutions, but consider myself now a postgraduate Catholic, meaning that I am no longer what you might call a card carrying Catholic.

But I do explain if the occasion calls for it what I know to be the teachings and observances of the Catholic Church.

Of course, as in every religion, there is in the Catholic Church also all kinds of contortionistic thinking and writing to defend herself. I don't do that and I usually see through that in proponents of other religions.

Susma Rio Sep

Greetings, i'm one new mystery*

Greetings people!

You shall call me The Mysterious, or 'Mystery' in short.
I am a new to these forums. I am a person who seek a little help.
I seek help to better and stronger faith, trust and belief methods and strengthening it, now i perhamps should ask; Can you help me?

Hi the mysterious, and welcome to CR. :)

As to your question - I'm afraid we probably cannot. The experience of personal faith remains a personal experience. :)

impartial observer

Hi, I'm Louis...
Not much to say about me except that I've never believed
or dis-believed in any form of religion.
Nor am I seeking anything to "believe in". I have no interest in promoting or denigrating any existing belief
system - the last thing I want is to offend anybody !
I bring nothing but intellectual curiosity because I
happen to enjoy exploring and examining ideas.
I just love to think.

Actually, you can help, that's my view of things...

I only ask; What methods exist to strengthen our faith? :( :confused:
I truly wanna believe in certain belief, but find it hard to focus... :(
Any advise or ideas? :(

Try meditation, getting out into the wilds, whatever helps you feel 'connected'. Nobody can tell you what to believe or how to believe. And it is in this that your faith will be found.

Excatly they cannot tell what to believe or how to believe in things. :cool:
What i wanted to know, were methods on focusing that helps faith to become stronger. Thanks to Suanni for help. :p

Just one more question, please...
How to meditate? :confused:

Originally posted by The Mysterious
Just one more question, please...
How to meditate? :confused:
There are many methods in meditation. I think Vajradhara posted some information in the Eastern Thought portion of the forum under the title of Meditation Practices. I, Brian (I think) was the one to open the thread, but Vajradhara posted a few things on there. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I know this sounds too simple and its certainly not classical meditation but I meditate when walking out in the wilds or when in the bath. Its a time when your mind can be freed from troubles and cares, when thoughts diminish. When you get to there, well, I 'communicate'. Its difficult to explain. Dig around, find out what you like. What's good for one is not necessarily good for another, its experimentation until you find what you like.
I like the wilds cos I feel like I'm connected. I like the bath...cos well, I'm warm and comfortable and very relaxed but everyone is different!

sci-fi

I said:
Sounds like a good remit. :)

From Louis....
I just noticed your link to Science Fiction - I happen to be
a big fan of that genre. There have been many conventions
in my city ( Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada ) where I've had
the opportunity to meet people like Theodore Sturgeon,
A.E. VanVoght, Frederick Pohl, Majel Barret, etc.
I've even tried writing and illustrating some myself - a "comix" series entitled "Three to Infinity". Only ten
pages actualy got published so I'm glad I didn't try to
make a living at it. Before I retired, I earned my money working as a technical illustrator.
Any market for that skill in the U.K. ?

Hey, this is a religious forum, not sci-fi, please return to the topic. :mad:

louis said:
From Louis....
I just noticed your link to Science Fiction - I happen to be
a big fan of that genre. There have been many conventions
in my city ( Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada ) where I've had
the opportunity to meet people like Theodore Sturgeon,
A.E. VanVoght, Frederick Pohl, Majel Barret, etc.
I've even tried writing and illustrating some myself - a "comix" series entitled "Three to Infinity". Only ten
pages actualy got published so I'm glad I didn't try to
make a living at it. Before I retired, I earned my money working as a technical illustrator.
Any market for that skill in the U.K. ?

It is also an introduction board. :)

I'm not sure about what sort of work may be available - I'm still an aspiring writer at the moment. Sounds like you've met some interesting people - feel free to drop into the chronicles-network community. :)

Strengthening and Focusing on the Faith

Greeting again, fellas! :cool:

Well as you may and probably do understand from my avatar... :eek:
I wanna have strong and true faith in the greek religious nymph worship.

So i can try meditate... there are no wilds any near at the moment. :(
In my room i may can if i try, but i don't get how excatly i could meditate and if i did, then how i can be or know for sure that i am EXCATLY "Meditating". :confused:

Any more advises on your view of these things? :confused: :(

Thanks again.

Back