About the Introductions board!

s-f

The Mysterious said:
Hey, this is a religious forum, not sci-fi, please return to the topic. :mad:

From Louis...
Sorry if I appear to digress, but I've encountered many
religeous notions express in the guise of science-fiction
- or "speculative fiction", as some call it.
A writer (Harlan Ellison) once described the Christian
Bible as a work of speculative fiction. Don't forget
Isaac Azimov, wrote historical documentaries on the
origins of Biblical ideas. And there's the current series
of "Left Behind" books - which are purely sci-fi
through and through ...

Hello Everyone,

Although I am new to registering with your forum, I have been here a few times before. I love this place!

So Thankful to have found you guys.

Be Well, and see you around :)

How much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
A wood chuck would chuck as much as he could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood. "try typing that'. God directed me to say that. Send it around the world.
My daughter told me I had woodsy roots so that got me started. I'm going to Whitehorse next month to visit the cabin in the woods. Silence. oh ya. :p

Re: Actually, you can help, that's my view of things...

Hi! I'm new here too--just been browsing through the forums a bit, posted a couple times. I really appreciate the diverse perspectives I'm finding. (Maybe if we all keep hitting truth from enough divergent angles we'll finally be able to see it clearly...:)

Oh, and just a quick thought in reply to this:
I only ask; What methods exist to strengthen our faith? :( :confused:
I truly wanna believe in certain belief, but find it hard to focus... :(
Any advise or ideas? :(

I find for myself that the best thing to strengthen my faith is anything that deepens my actual experience of what it is I have "faith" in. So meditations, prayer, etc.--really anything that you feel cultivates a deeper experience in the reality that gives you the most joy.

Also, on that note, I've recently come to realize myself that faith doesn't have to be the scary over-trusting thing I thought it was: faith can be an experiment. Like testing the strength of a wooden beam serving as a bridge. You don't have to put all your weight on it right away--you can press one foot down on it a bit, then see if it seems safe to try the other foot. This is having enough faith to say "I don't know if this bridge will carry me across, but I'm going to find out if it's worth a shot." You still won't know until you get to the other side-- the bridge could still break halfway across--but you can measure the risk/reward ratio. And sometimes it really feels genuinely worth taking a chance to get from one place on the path to the next.

:)

Greetings everyone and thank you for having me.
I look forward to the discussions here and also hopefully spread some Light on my Beliefs.

I am an Adeptus in the Ordo Luciferi and an ex-member of the Temple of Set.
I am a non theistic Luciferian and my interests are in Music and Spirituality.

Anyway, nice to meet you all

Em Hotep
Etu Malku

I look forward to the discussions here and also hopefully spread some Light on my Beliefs.

Em Hotep
Etu Malku
Wow, since I can say I know nothing of what you've told us, I'll be interested in learning your perspective on what it is you believe.

I'm contemplating whether Namaste would be in order....if seeing the light in the darkness would be appropriate or taken the wrong way....I'm inclined to think it is what you are trying to do...so Namaste, welcome, and I look forward to seeing where discussions lead.

Em Hotep
Etu Malku

How long did you wander through the desert?
Welcome to our oasis. :)

Hi All,
or, for non-duallists, Hi One,

a good friend and teacher, DC Vision, who passed away in 2012, used to post on here regularly, so I have been around quite a bit looking, without posting.

"Lurking" sounds prejudicial, "loitering" sounds criminal, so, unable to find another description, I thought I might post.

Hi all. I'm Giulia from Australia. I'm a widow, mother of three and grandmother of six. I preach and lead at my church in Collingwood, Victoria, I am also finishing off a Masters in Spirituality at the University of Divinity. My last research project is on spiritual exegesis. I'm mainly looking at Clement of Alexandria, Origen and Augustine and analysing the methods they used for interpreting scripture. I am also learning guitar and singing and I tutor and mentor a Social Services class who are doing their Diploma. Glad to join you here and hoping to learn and also teach about faith.

Greetings Giulia.

Welcome aboard. I'm the 'combative catlick' on the board. Both from the cradle, my combative streak from my Gaelic genes.

A contemplative (although it doesn't look that way here :D), a Christian Neoplatonist, with an interest in Patristics and Mystagogia as ongoing formation. Heroes are those you mentioned, with St Maximus the Confessor in the lead, and naughty-boy Eriugena always close by.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Yes, Thomas, I have also got that combative spirit from Scottish/Italian genes. In the Enneagram I am an 8.

Being both a combative person and a contemplative seems like an oxymoron, but I know what you mean as we fight against principalities and powers in high places and some of that is about intellectually understanding what we believe in our hearts.

I'll only be on here intermittently as I am quite busy, but iron sharpens iron, I'll be coming to engage in that sharpening. Though I don't engage in all arguments as what I believe is out of bounds, arguments about how scripture is to be interpreted always interests me.

Hi Giulia! Welcome to the forum. We're very happy that you've decided to join us and I look forward to your contributions when you're able to post :)

Thank you S.P.. My former "membership" was when an Admin named Lightkeeper was present. I see a few of those still here from that tme. It's great to be back . . .

Back