About the Introductions board!

There used to be a long thread in the general lounge where people introduced themselves - but I've now split it up and started up this new board.

Basically, this is where we can introduce ourselves with a human form - comments, descriptions, even photos - are all very welcome. :)

So if you're new around here and simpyl wish to get a feel for the place and the members you may meet along the way, feel free to post in here and test the waters.

I'm sure you'll find us all friendly. This is a properly civil place. :)
Hi, I am new here and just signed up yesterday. I do not seem to be able to find any forum rules. I just want to be sure I do not break any rules. Is there a rule about posting scripture? I did not come here to proselytize but some forums have rules about that and they construe sharing your religion as proselytizing. I just do not want to get started off on the wrong foot. :)

Posting scripture is cool. And discussing what it means to you. Proselytizing is uncool. Posting scripture is in considered proselytizing. Play friendly odds are no problem, will tell you when you break the rules, LOL!

Posting scripture is cool. And discussing what it means to you. Proselytizing is uncool. Posting scripture is in considered proselytizing. Play friendly odds are no problem, will tell you when you break the rules, LOL!
I guess you mean posting scripture without first explaining what it means is considered proselytizing. I just want to be sure because I do not like breaking rules. I am always happy to hear if I am breaking a rule when I break it, because I can learn what the dos and don't are that way. :D I have been on a couple of forums when they did not say anything to me and then the staff lowered the boom later. I consider that wholly unjust and I cannot deal with injustice. :(

I think by the time the Boom is lowered around this site most are well aware they've been dancing back and forth across the line taunting a response.

Most of all its decorum in this forum. We like discussion, contemplation, thought and some occasional understanding. Folks around here like to be challenged but not talked down to, they like to learn new things but not from holier-than-thou know-it-alls.

I think by the time the Boom is lowered around this site most are well aware they've been dancing back and forth across the line taunting a response.
That sounds good to me because that has not been my experience on the last two forums I was on. I am fine with authority, having worked for the government for 42 years, but I like to know exactly what the rules are and if I have broken them exactly what I did so I can try not to do it again. ;)
Most of all its decorum in this forum. We like discussion, contemplation, thought and some occasional understanding. Folks around here like to be challenged but not talked down to, they like to learn new things but not from holier-than-thou know-it-alls.
That is exactly what I am looking for, discussions. I am pretty tired of debates because I did that a lot in my earlier years on forums and I do not like bad feelings and disharmony. It just gets to be a battle of egos. So now I am into sharing and listening and learning, because that leads to spiritual growth on both sides. I am the last person who considers myself holy, since I have had my run-ins with God for years and I am not ashamed to admit it. :(

Other than blocks of bots and trolls bans are rare...folks often don't find the arguments and tit for tat they are looking for here and move on themselves. The prophets find there exists some intelligence here and search for more fertile ground.

Hello Folks. Wishing everyone well.

60 years old. Been meditating, praying since I was 21. Started out in a Bhakti Yoga ashram. Over the years have also meditated with various Zen Buddhist groups, corresponded with both Zen Buddhist and Trappist monks.

Worked in non-profits. Also did some performance...Spoken Word, other things.

Hello Folks. Wishing everyone well.

60 years old. Been meditating, praying since I was 21. Started out in a Bhakti Yoga ashram. Over the years have also meditated with various Zen Buddhist groups, corresponded with both Zen Buddhist and Trappist monks.

Worked in non-profits. Also did some performance...Spoken Word, other things.
Welcome

Hello everyone, my name is Mrinal, I recently graduated college. I started a website and meanwhile found this community. It's great to be a part of such amazing community. I would love to participate and provide my contributions in various threads. Looking forward to get to know you all, an

Hello everyone, my name is Mrinal, I recently graduated college. I started a website and meanwhile found this community. It's great to be a part of such amazing community. I would love to participate and provide my contributions in various threads. Looking forward to get to know you all, an
Hi. Thanks for the intro. It would be better as a separate thread, but hey ...

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back