About the Introductions board!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iBrian, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

Hi, I am new here and just signed up yesterday. I do not seem to be able to find any forum rules. I just want to be sure I do not break any rules. Is there a rule about posting scripture? I did not come here to proselytize but some forums have rules about that and they construe sharing your religion as proselytizing. I just do not want to get started off on the wrong foot. :)

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Posting scripture is cool. And discussing what it means to you. Proselytizing is uncool. Posting scripture is in considered proselytizing. Play friendly odds are no problem, will tell you when you break the rules, LOL!

3. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

I guess you mean posting scripture without first explaining what it means is considered proselytizing. I just want to be sure because I do not like breaking rules. I am always happy to hear if I am breaking a rule when I break it, because I can learn what the dos and don't are that way. :D I have been on a couple of forums when they did not say anything to me and then the staff lowered the boom later. I consider that wholly unjust and I cannot deal with injustice. :(

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I think by the time the Boom is lowered around this site most are well aware they've been dancing back and forth across the line taunting a response.

Most of all its decorum in this forum. We like discussion, contemplation, thought and some occasional understanding. Folks around here like to be challenged but not talked down to, they like to learn new things but not from holier-than-thou know-it-alls.

StevePame likes this.
  5. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

That sounds good to me because that has not been my experience on the last two forums I was on. I am fine with authority, having worked for the government for 42 years, but I like to know exactly what the rules are and if I have broken them exactly what I did so I can try not to do it again. ;)
    That is exactly what I am looking for, discussions. I am pretty tired of debates because I did that a lot in my earlier years on forums and I do not like bad feelings and disharmony. It just gets to be a battle of egos. So now I am into sharing and listening and learning, because that leads to spiritual growth on both sides. I am the last person who considers myself holy, since I have had my run-ins with God for years and I am not ashamed to admit it. :(

6. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Admin

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Other than blocks of bots and trolls bans are rare...folks often don't find the arguments and tit for tat they are looking for here and move on themselves. The prophets find there exists some intelligence here and search for more fertile ground.

Cino and RJM Corbet like this.
  8. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member