Why Do Men Have Nipples?

YO-ELEVEN-11

Watcher
Reaction score
Being a hetrosexual male, I know why women have nipples both for pleasure
and biological purposes ,but, WHY DO MEN HAVE NIPPLES?
If any body can answer that question for me it would be greatly appreciated.
:confused:

Same reason women do...

While it is not common and men can't produce much...they can produce milk if need be...

and then there is the pleasure thing...

Why do nipples interest you so...we've got some organs and brain cells we don't use as well....

Thank you. I was just curious is all. You know how a question can bug you until you find the answer, well it just puzzled me is all. I did not know men can produce milk. Where did you find that information at?

kiwimac said:
Because males are mutent females. Laugh not! It is the answer.

No, males are human. They are called men, and they serve a purpose. Just like females are human. They are called women, and they serve a purpose.

Together they serve a purpose as well.

v/r

Q

Quahom1,Try the following article : http://makeashorterlink.com/?R25C53A0DThe last paragraph reads
...In a now-famous paper, Stephen Jay Gould and Richard C. Lewontin emphasize that we should not immediately assume that every trait has an adaptive explanation. Just as the spandrels of St. Mark's domed cathedral in Venice are simply an architectural consequence of the meeting of a vaulted ceiling with its supporting pillars, the presence of nipples in male mammals is a genetic architectural by-product of nipples in females. So, why do men have nipples? Because females do.

im sure god in his infinite wisdom already knew that he was going to make a woman after man so used basically used a basic likeness with commonalities. it would look really weird for men to have no nipples and women to have them, just like it would be weird for men to be bald and women covered in fur.

BlaznFattyz said:
im sure god in his infinite wisdom already knew that he was going to make a woman after man so used basically used a basic likeness with commonalities. it would look really weird for men to have no nipples and women to have them, just like it would be weird for men to be bald and women covered in fur.

lol, so true.

I started a thread on this same subject. Did you read mine or did you actually ponder this yourself? I'm just curious. Pretty wild that two different people would be contemplating nipples at the same time.

didymus said:
I started a thread on this same subject. Did you read mine or did you actually ponder this yourself? I'm just curious. Pretty wild that two different people would be contemplating nipples at the same time.
Actually I think that is quite common....oops wrong forum...thought I was in the lounge...

:D Hmmm...well, I don't know exactly why men have nipples. But here's a thought--when I was a kid, doctors didn't seem to think that there was a purpose for my tonsils, so they removed them.:D

(Sorry, guys--it was just too tempting...)

InPeace (and silliness)
InLove

InLove said:
:D Hmmm...well, I don't know exactly why men have nipples. But here's a thought--when I was a kid, doctors didn't seem to think that there was a purpose for my tonsils, so they removed them.:D

(Sorry, guys--it was just too tempting...)

InPeace (and silliness)
InLove

Now why do I think this particular post has a double entendre? :D Glad to see you back.

v/r

Q

'Tis a favorite and useful literary device;), Q....

(And thanks--good to post some now and then:).)

InPeace,
InLove

InLove said:
'Tis a favorite and useful literary device;), Q....

(And thanks--good to post some now and then:).)

InPeace,
InLove

Peace and health to you and yours, In Jesus' name.

Same reason women do...

While it is not common and men can't produce much...they can produce milk if need be...

and then there is the pleasure thing...

Why do nipples interest you so...we've got some organs and brain cells we don't use as well....

Errr.... Now for a more sane answer lol.... The fetus grows most parts pretty quick but it takes ages to dertermin sex (say 14 - 15 weeks? ) But the nipple is a neutral part of the body to begin with it isn't like it is a penis or a vagina, these parts do not come till after the 14/15 week period, which I think is known as post-fertilzaition.... ;\ Because we are obviously verrrrrrrrrry simular. And male/female start exactly the same, but when the male begins to get his hormones, he obviously keeps the nipples.... ;\

Errr.... Now for a more sane answer ...when the male begins to get his hormones, he obviously keeps the nipples.... ;\
ah phooey...

yes there is the scientific answer but wasn't mine appropriate...as wierd as it is we come with more than just the nipples, the whole factory is right back there in place just waiting for someone to sweep out the cobwebs...

Back