New members cannot post links

I have just joined and the first post I made I found out that no links could be used. I had to cut and paste a lot of text to each post I made because of this but I understand that you needed to put the feature in because of spam. So long as the poor ppl in this forum can put up with my long posts, untill I can post links.

zx128k said:
I have just joined and the first post I made I found out that no links could be used. I had to cut and paste a lot of text to each post I made because of this but I understand that you needed to put the feature in because of spam. So long as the poor ppl in this forum can put up with my long posts, untill I can post links.

But that is the point. ;) We want your words, your ideas and your thoughts to read and reply to, not someone elses...

v/r

Q

I said:
We've recently been targeted by a persistent Russian spammer, who keeps joining to post links for sites, sometimes of an adult nature.

I've therefore taken the proactive step of installing a script that will prevent new members from being able to post links until they have made more than 10 posts.

This will probably be annoying to newer members - smilies are sometimes accidently treated as links - but we need to stop this spamming problem before it gets any worse.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
cool no probs with that
im surprised you dont make it more than 10

I don't want to make it too difficult for new members - and welcome to CR, timyone. :)

Back