do jews beleive the messiah will be the son of God?

The Messiah wouldn't be the "son of God" any more than any other human being is a "son of God" or a "daughter of God". Calling God "father" is nonetheless at best an imperfect metaphor.

...This is just kind of a reiteration of dauer's post above.

if you look up "red heifer" or "parah adumah" you ought to get some interesting things. however, the really interesting stuff isn't i don't think on the internet. suffice it to say that the ashes were used in prophecy and when they ran out, prophecy couldn't continue.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Kind of old thread I guess... On this topic... (I hardly know a thing about the jewish faith....) Do you have any prophecy or anything? Like a time when you expect to see his coming?

Daniel 9:24: ""Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy."

The 70 sevens are 490 prophetic years which is 476 solar years since the lunar calendar has only 360 days. Any comments? This would make the Jewish Messiah appear sometime at the time of Jesus

renassault,

This issue has been covered a few times on the board although I don't seem to be able to locate the threads.

This does a thorough cover of the issues, although I must apologize for the tone it takes. It's primarily an essay written for Jews as a counter-measure to missionary tactics.

DANIEL AND THE ANOINTED ONE

Dauer

Back