Humans

InLove said:
Hi y'all--

I think I know who you are discussing. I've seen him on a couple of talk shows. Haven't read his book, but he caught my interest because a few years back (maybe more than just a few, but that makes me sound old and sometimes that makes me uncomfortable:)), I was involved in a campaign to keep a local herb farm and emporium open. This was not just on a local level; it was actually a national issue. I don't recall all of the details, but basically it was a dispute between those of us who felt our rights to certain natural remedies were being threatened and the big pharmeceutical companies. We lost that battle, and the herb farm closed down.

I see the need for safety regulations, but sometimes I think they go too far. Is this anywhere close to being on-topic?

InPeace,
InLove

In Love, that's what a quarter of the book is about, among other things.
So, you are on point:)

Wil, Is there something that you know about this guy that we don't?
Do you feel that he is only after the money?

If so, let me know, because I still have the receipt for the book and I can return it...lol:)

YO-ELEVEN-11 said:
Having read it cover to cover, I was expecting one thing and after reading it, was quite surprised that it was not what I expected.
Well, I'm a sceptical person, but I'll take a look at the book if I ever encounter it. Thanks.

I can't identify whether he is all about the money or not. He has done a number of infomercials over the years on whatever somebody will pay him to sell. He got into the vitamin and natural corner and found his niche it appears to me. He started or was part of an upstart MLM a while ago...they tossed around his abiity to bring in customers...twas their twist.

Many folks start out in a career and focus on the money...and when the money rolls in focus on building the snowball larger as it rolls. Others get altruistic as they have the opportunity and excess funds are utilized to push a a cause. Often this becomes a money maker too.

He is a salesman, and sensationalizes and does it well. That is the extent I can say...he has a lot of facts..some of which are biased...but is that out of the ordinary, I think not.

If the book makes you think, if the book makes you take a stand and decide to take responsibility for your health and wellbeing....tis wonderful in my book. We all need our eyes opened, skeptism and awareness is good.

Wil, you never cease to amaze me.
Keep up the good work.
Just to let you know, I thought he was a jerk at first..:D
I guess the old saying "Never judge a book by its cover" is true.
:)

My mother has this book, and I have to say I personally agree with much that has come out of it. When I read I usually don't do extensive background searches on the author, so I just absorb or refuse the knowledge based on how it feels. Interestingly enough though, I believe Mr. Trudeau has a special position in the Skeptic's Dictionary or something else written by that book's author.

I tend to be more encouraged to read or explore something if it is surrounded by a lot of skepticism, because I see so much doubt as a defense mechanism that people use to stay in their warm and fuzzy little force-fed paradigms. I'm not saying that a grain of salt doesn't taste good with everything, but I have noticed that there is a lot of indoctrination to do with food in America, and to a lesser extent the rest of the world, and people are extremely skeptic when it comes to diet because it is something that is so real and so substantial. If they choose to believe this stuff they are effectively choosing to change their lifestyle entirely. It's different with religion, because religion is not something you need to physically survive, while food is.

That said, I do believe that if people treat themselves correctly and eat right, they can live to almost 120 years in good health. However, I think it's getting rarer and rarer for this to happen even in people with perfect diets because of the impact of pollution, radiation, etc.

moseslmpg said:
My mother has this book, and I have to say I personally agree with much that has come out of it. When I read I usually don't do extensive background searches on the author, so I just absorb or refuse the knowledge based on how it feels. Interestingly enough though, I believe Mr. Trudeau has a special position in the Skeptic's Dictionary or something else written by that book's author.

I tend to be more encouraged to read or explore something if it is surrounded by a lot of skepticism, because I see so much doubt as a defense mechanism that people use to stay in their warm and fuzzy little force-fed paradigms. I'm not saying that a grain of salt doesn't taste good with everything, but I have noticed that there is a lot of indoctrination to do with food in America, and to a lesser extent the rest of the world, and people are extremely skeptic when it comes to diet because it is something that is so real and so substantial. If they choose to believe this stuff they are effectively choosing to change their lifestyle entirely. It's different with religion, because religion is not something you need to physically survive, while food is.

That said, I do believe that if people treat themselves correctly and eat right, they can live to almost 120 years in good health. However, I think it's getting rarer and rarer for this to happen even in people with perfect diets because of the impact of pollution, radiation, etc.

A wise saying that I go by when I purchase things is:
Caveat Emptor (LET THE BUYER BEWARE)
In this situation, this books puts that in prespective for those who buy food and other products deemed necessary for a healthy life.

Back