There Is No Science Against God !

E

Elijah

"There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD." Proverbs;21:30
It was only three or four decades ago,some Russian scientists went to the space for the first time and remarked sarcastically that they did not see God any where there.Even to this day the scientists do not know for sure how many stars and galaxies are out there .But God who made them knows them all by their names.Then how foolish it was to go few miles into the space and make such a statement.Now the Russians realized that God is in charge and not them.They are earnestly seeking God along with millions of Chinese people for truth and meaning. Science is not against God.Many of the greatest scientists believed in the Almighty God. Science is observing and analyzing the things created by God the maker of all things.Yet all the science in the world knows only very little.Science will never be a complete and finished subject as long as the worlds exist But God is from everlasting to everlasting as.Moses in his Psalm write, "Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm;90:2

Elijah said:
"There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD." Proverbs;21:30
It was only three or four decades ago,some Russian scientists went to the space for the first time and remarked sarcastically that they did not see God any where there.Even to this day the scientists do not know for sure how many stars and galaxies are out there .But God who made them knows them all by their names.Then how foolish it was to go few miles into the space and make such a statement.Now the Russians realized that God is in charge and not them.They are earnestly seeking God along with millions of Chinese people for truth and meaning. Science is not against God.Many of the greatest scientists believed in the Almighty God. Science is observing and analyzing the things created by God the maker of all things.Yet all the science in the world knows only very little.Science will never be a complete and finished subject as long as the worlds exist But God is from everlasting to everlasting as.Moses in his Psalm write, "Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm;90:2

"The Earth reminded us of a Christmas tree ornament hanging in the blackness of space. As we got farther and farther away it diminished in size. Finally it shrank to the size of a marble, the most beautiful marble you can imagine. That beautiful, warm, living object looked so fragile, so delicate, that if you touched it with a finger it would crumble and fall apart. Seeing this has to change a man, has to make a man appreciate the creation of God and the love of God."
- James Irwin, USA

"My view of our planet was a glimpse of divinity."
- Edgar Mitchell, USA

"What you may not know, however is that for many of the early astronaut heroes, the "right stuff" included deep religious faith. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are best known as the first astronauts to land on the moon and take that "giant leap for mankind." But you probably don't know that before they emerged from the spaceship, Aldrin pulled out a Bible, a silver chalice, and sacramental bread and wine. There on the moon, his first act was to celebrate communion.​

"Frank Borman was commander of the first space crew to travel beyond the Earth's orbit. Looking down on the earth from 250,000 miles away, Borman radioed back a message, quoting Genesis One: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." As he later explained, "I had an enormous feeling that there had to be a power greater than any of us-that there was a God, that there was indeed a beginning."

"The late James Irwin, who walked on the moon in 1971, later became an evangelical minister. He often described the lunar mission as a revelation. In his words, "I felt the power of God as I'd never felt it before."

"Charles Duke, who followed Irwin to the moon, later became active in missionary work. As he explained, "I make speeches about walking ON the moon and walking WITH the Son [of God]." Guy Gardner is a veteran astronaut who speaks in churches on the reality of God."

"To look out at this kind of creation and
not believe in God is to me impossible."
Astronaut John Glenn

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .
Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."
John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Welcome to CR Elijah ;)

As you can see there are quite a few Astronauts/Pilots who came away with a very different point of view, and change of life style as a result of their "touching the face of God" Just because one or two others didn't get the same awareness/understanding from their time in flight, doesn't mean the rest were lost on the importance...

Once again, Welcome to CR

v/r

Q

edit: "We shall never forget them nor the last time we saw them, as they prepared for their mission and waved good-bye and slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God."
Ronald Reagan, at the loss of Challenger

Quahom1 said:
As you can see there are quite a few Astronauts/Pilots who came away with a very different point of view, and change of life style as a result of their "touching the face of God" Just because one or two others didn't get the same awareness/understanding from their time in flight, doesn't mean the rest were lost on the importance...
I hope I haven't misunderstood your point. If I haven't then I can't help but feel that this is shaky ground. Apart from objections like possible spiritual predispositions of the people you have quoted and the effects of euphoria. There is also the fact if you use such things as a proof of God, other people will turn round and site thousands of people who, on seeing other things, have been hit with an overwhelming feeling that there is no God.

cavalier said:
I hope I haven't misunderstood your point. If I haven't then I can't help but feel that this is shaky ground. Apart from objections like possible spiritual predispositions of the people you have quoted and the effects of euphoria. There is also the fact if you use such things as a proof of God, other people will turn round and site thousands of people who, on seeing other things, have been hit with an overwhelming feeling that there is no God.

I do not see any problems or 'shaky ground' here. Some space farers opined there is no evidence of God. I was showing that other space farers opined that there was. I will also note, that the Russians never went out to the point where Earth looked like a fragile tiny marble of beauty and mystery, so perhaps it isn't fair to dismiss their thoughts. However, the 'astronauts' that did go past the confines of our "sphere", came back with a totally different perspective. I suppose Euphoria is an important consideration, after all, they'd been to places we only dream about, only it was reality for them.

What's the saying, don't judge a man, till you've walked a mile in his shoes?

v/r

Q

Just a comment: I know of no tradition, in Judaism or Christianity that claims Moses was the Psalmist. That book is normally attributed to David.

Karimarie said:
Just a comment: I know of no tradition, in Judaism or Christianity that claims Moses was the Psalmist. That book is normally attributed to David.

Good eye...;)

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
What's the saying, don't judge a man, till you've walked a mile in his shoes?
I really believe in this saying but I'm not sure I would take it so far as to mean we should never question, or comment upon another's experience.
If we cannot do these things then a person's experiences can only ever be stories without meaning for others.
Unless of course, the other is one who already has a meaning, and is now simply looking for stories with which he can support said meaning.

Karimarie said:

Some Christians do not attribute all the psalms to David. They believe many were written by others. Also, I think there are a few psalms in the Pentateuch (so-called Five Books of Moses, though Moses did not write them). I'm not sure but I thought there were at least a few psalms attributed to Moses. That is why I thought perhaps Q meant Moses.

Elijah said:

I think it's one thing for the ancient writer to say this and it's another thing for a 21st century person to say this. Science has not proven God's existence, but neither has it disproven God's existence. Simply stated, science and God are not the same topic. Philosophy and theology deal with metaphysics or God and related topics; science deals with things that can be perceived via the senses.

Some religions say God made everything; others say everying is God. In either sense, a relationship is understood to exist between God and science, but they are not the same thing and neither can be used to disprove the other. That's how it looks to me.

Then there are also people who trust only God and others who trust only science. Again, it seems the two don't mix very well.

I believe Science can never be against God, as it studies the creations of God, it merely dismisses false models of God.

I find that science reveals God (swt). Pop the hood and you learn about the designer and about yourself.

The beauty I see is that every single measurement, whether considered scientific or not, has been and is being recorded. I see how the designer (swt) can see and re-produce history in perfect form. Where people have a desire for energy, it is just a desire for the paper and ink to write with. A desire for power is just a desire for a faster, bigger pen. The energy is the ink and paper, the soul is the writer, the body is the pen, and the ink is in the blood. I can't rewrite the beginning, but I can still help write the next page.

What a shame those ugly little sins that are there on the early pages.

Back