Love

JustifiedByFaith

Contending For The Faith
Reaction score
I have been on several Christian Forums and have found the people interacting in the "Christianity" Forum in particular to be "Most" Christ-Like and pleasant to fellowship with.:)

You are still "green" here. Welcome to CR, Justified. But I noticed that also, althought this forum is not with it's heated arguments, just less so than I've seem on other forums.

I think I would contribute this to the "comparative" nature of this forum, for entering in here, one would already be prepared to encounter people of other religious persuasions and knowing their are differences, some even vast, one comes with the expectation of learning, in addition to teaching.

There are some heretics, in which I am one - but I do say that I find the Christianity board here more grounded than some of the others that I have encountered. Largely due to the comparative nature of the forum and the few very grounded stout-hearted Christians that live here.

im not a new member but surely not as widely posted as some!

having chosen islam as my way of life 2 years ago, i peeked into the islamic thread/room/whatever ...... and i have to say that i experienced it as rigid. not that i am saying bend your principles, or dont voice your thoughts, but hells-spells....lets not get precious over something that is not 'yours' -- it is for ALL HUMANITY.

anyway, i might be off the point here ...... or maybe not ...... i just thought id share MY experience on love-on-the-forum-boards!!

love and light
peace and grace,

truthseeker said:
There are some heretics, in which I am one - but I do say that I find the Christianity board here more grounded than some of the others that I have encountered. Largely due to the comparative nature of the forum and the few very grounded stout-hearted Christians that live here.

Asking questions and questioning answers is not heresy. ;) It is simply validating/verifiying the solidity of a foundation.

v/r

Q

In small reference to love within the Christian environment - I was talking to some classmates in my Aramaic class who are serious believers in the New Testament. And me, well, I'm still looking at and studying the validity of the epistles of Paul. But we got into this conversation about some of the denominations of Christianity and when the two gentlemen began to talk about cults, I interupted and spoke of the body of Christ and how a body is not just a head, but is also neck, torso, legs, arms, hands, feet, etc. One gentlemen thought it was ironic that I would quote Paul right after nearly trashing him. Though I wasn't aware of the passage, he pointed me to 1 Corinthians 12. Now they call me Paulina.:eek:

Namaste Paulina...but where did the rest of the conversation go? Did they want to chop off the arms and legs...or embrace the totality?

truthseeker said:
In small reference to love within the Christian environment - I was talking to some classmates in my Aramaic class who are serious believers in the New Testament. And me, well, I'm still looking at and studying the validity of the epistles of Paul. But we got into this conversation about some of the denominations of Christianity and when the two gentlemen began to talk about cults, I interupted and spoke of the body of Christ and how a body is not just a head, but is also neck, torso, legs, arms, hands, feet, etc. One gentlemen thought it was ironic that I would quote Paul right after nearly trashing him. Though I wasn't aware of the passage, he pointed me to 1 Corinthians 12. Now they call me Paulina.:eek:

You could have done worse...they could haved called you "Stephanie" :eek:

That might have lead to "stony relations"...:rolleyes: :D

Quahom1 said:
You could have done worse...they could haved called you "Stephanie" :eek:

That might have lead to "stony relations"...:rolleyes: :D
:eek: :p
Q said:
I told you I'm not usually adept with one liners...:p
That's OK. At least you're a good moderator. {A luxury that was absent back in those days!};)

Back