Daily Wisdom Saying

No one will be staring at the beatific vision and say, “Hey, where are the wombats?"

-Father Daniel Scheidt

GOD's will to good is compelled by love into compassionate action

Sacredstar

"God is different for us now, after all these years in Africa. More spirit than ever before, and more internal. Most people think he has to look like something or someone--a roofleaf or Christ--but we don't. And not being tied to what God looks like, frees us."

Nettie, The Color Purple by Alice Walker

lunamoth said:
"God is different for us now, after all these years in Africa. More spirit than ever before, and more internal. Most people think he has to look like something or someone--a roofleaf or Christ--but we don't. And not being tied to what God looks like, frees us."

Nettie, The Color Purple by Alice Walker
"I have stood on the hills of Alverez... watched galaxies be born and die, and seen C-beams the likes of which you've never known before, in awe of the wonders of the universe...and then I looked down into the eyes of my infant child, within my arms, as his eyes searched mine, and I realized that to him, I am the universe..."

Which is real?

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
"I have stood on the hills of Alverez... watched galaxies be born and die, and seen C-beams the likes of which you've never known before, in awe of the wonders of the universe...and then I looked down into the eyes of my infant child, within my arms, as his eyes searched mine, and I realized that to him, I am the universe..."

Which is real?

v/r

Q

both?

One day Chao-chou fell down in the snow, and called out,
"Help me up! Help me up!"

A monk came and lay down beside him.

Chao-chou got up and went away.

~Zen Koan

A wise man knows not where he is going

A foolish man knows not where he has been

v/r

Q

Life's easy to live
for someone unscrupulous,
cunning as a crow,
corrupt, back-biting,
forward, & brash;

But for someone who's constantly
scrupulous, cautious,
observant, sincere,
pure in his livelihood,
clean in his pursuits,
it's hard.

[font=VERDANA, ARIAL, SANS-SERIF]-Dhammapada, 18, translated by Thanissaro Bhikkhu.[/font]

http://www.dead.net/RobertHunterArchive/files/newjournal/55journal_Sept_03.html#anchor6594607
Disaster upon disaster punching the world in the belly before it can recover from the last - already talk about learning to validate your despair, programs on the dark night of the soul, and then this flood like a canker in the eye of God and maybe we deserve it and maybe we don't - I retreat to my scales, the symmetry of do-re-mi, believing what Garcia said: "no time spent at music is ever wasted."
As this dire new year descends I recommend the attitude toward disaster elucidated in Yellow Submarine: "Play the Quartet!" I have a recording of Landowska performing Scarlatti Sonatas on harpsichord while London is being bombed by Nazis, you can hear the explosions. The I Ching, world's oldest book, says when you can't do jacksh*t about the big picture, the only thing that furthers is to work on something small. Have a resolute New Year!

~~Robert Hunter

There is a new dawn on the horizon, out of the darkness will come the light. The more the dark shadows draw close to you, the larger your Christ light becomes.

Sacredstar

It is a very great poverty to decide that a child must die that you might live as you wish.

-Mother Teresa of Calcutta

The martyr no longer desires anything for himself, not even the glory of martyrdom.

-Father Christopher Leberton

JJM said:
The martyr no longer desires anything for himself, not even the glory of martyrdom.

-Father Christopher Leberton
Dear Lord...don't let me f8ck this day up...

a sailor.

Back