Your beliefs: what are they REALLY?

20 questions is the game and it takes 10-15 minutes to play...

quite interesting, I wasn't happy with all my choices of answers and took what was close vs indicating none of the above... My results to the surprise of me, but most likely few of you.....

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) 2. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (98%) 3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%) 4. Liberal Quakers (95%) 5. New Thought (91%) 6. New Age (88%) 7. Neo-Pagan (79%) 8. Scientology (79%) 9. Mahayana Buddhism (77%) 10. Bah�'� Faith (70%) 11. Taoism (64%) 12. Theravada Buddhism (62%) 13. Reform Judaism (58%) 14. Secular Humanism (58%) 15. Orthodox Quaker (50%) 16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (45%) 17. Hinduism (44%) 18. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (41%) 19. Sikhism (36%) 20. Nontheist (34%) 21. Jehovah's Witness (32%) 22. Jainism (31%) 23. Orthodox Judaism (31%) 24. Islam (24%) 25. Eastern Orthodox (13%) 26. Roman Catholic (13%) 27. Seventh Day Adventist (12%)

I've sent this on for review by others...one friend completed the test. Raised Catholic 30 years, currently attending Episcopal Church, mid 40's, came back 100% in agreement with reformed Judaism!

First on the list, Neo Pagan 100%.
Last on the list, Jehovah's Witness 17%

I'm going out right now to find a decorated maypole and strip naked so that I can engage in frenzied dancing around it while accompanied by flutes and drums. I'm also sure not going to miss the Burning Man Festival next summer.

These are my new and revised life priorities, and I wish to send my deep appreciation to Beliefnet for telling me exactly just who and what I am spiritually. Phhhhttttt !

Tests really suck... and I won't ever change my opinion...so there !!!

flow....:p

My top ten:

1. Reform Judaism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
3. Liberal Quakers (99%)
4. Sikhism (97%)
5. Neo-Pagan (93%)
6. Bahá'í Faith (87%)
7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (81%)
8. Orthodox Judaism (74%)
9. New Age (74%)
10. Scientology (67%)

As I've gotten emails back from those I sent the test out to.. a number had taken it before....some that were shocked at the results had gone and attended services at the places that it said they agreed with 100% or 98% and they were again shocked to find the test was accurate, and they did agree with much of what was said....all quite interesting...(only one so far changed where they attend services)

Well I got 100% UU which was especially interesting as I'd never heard of it! Checked it out since though. So it can be at least educational in that respect.

Obviously I don't know how the test works and the ones in the bottom half of my results were rather "I don't think so!" but never-the-less I think it's a good way to gently make you think about your beliefs. Why do I label myself as an X when this test seems to think I may have some commonality with Y, Z, F, G...

Snoopy.

By beliefs are we talking something we would act on, or and idea we entertain as part of our view of the world and all that? I don't seem to have any concrete beliefs as such, but I'll try the test and see.

moseslmpg said:
By beliefs are we talking something we would act on, or and idea we entertain as part of our view of the world and all that?

Both, I'd say :)

Snoopy.

1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
Hinduism (92%)
Unitarian Universalism (89%)
Theravada Buddhism (81%)
Jainism (81%)
Neo-Pagan (81%)
Liberal Quakers (75%)
New Age (74%)
New Thought (72%)
Taoism (69%)
Scientology (68%)
Sikhism (66%)
Reform Judaism (58%)
Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (55%)
15. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (53%)
Orthodox Quaker (49%)
Secular Humanism (49%)
Bah�'� Faith (47%)
Orthodox Judaism (45%)
Islam (38%)
Nontheist (31%)
Seventh Day Adventist (27%)
Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (23%)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (20%)
Jehovah's Witness (20%)
Eastern Orthodox (11%)
27. Roman Catholic (11%)

I wanted to be a Hermetist or a Mystical Qabalist or something. But this just shows you where most of your beliefs lie right, it's not like this is your religion. And some of those questions have different answers depending on what I have been reading up on during the month. The thing about these tests I don't like are the use of radio buttons rather than boxes, because I have a few conceptions of God and not just one.

If you want to be a Hermetist or a Mystical Qabalist then you go ahead and be one! There's probably enough so we can all have one each! Also consider (amongst others):
Cao Dai
Catharism
Charismatic Movement (or Neo-Pentecostalism)
Chen Tao (aka: God's SalvationChurch)
Christadelphians
Christian Coalition, The
Christian Identity (aka Anglo-Israelism. aka Israel Identity)
Christian Methodist Episcopal Church
Christian Reconstructionism (aka: Dominion Theology)
Christian Reformed Church in America
Church of Elvis
Church of Fandel
Church of God (Cleveland)
Church of God (Seventh Day)
Church of God in Christ
Church Of Ireland
Church of Monday Nigh Football
Church of PerfectLiberty
Church of Reality
Church of Satan
Church of the New Jerusalem;
Church of Tom Jones
Classical pagans
Deepak Chopra and Mind Body Medicine
Deism
Divine Love Community
Doukhoborism
Eckankar (aka: The Religion of Light and Sound)
Ethical Culture Movement
Falun Gong (Falun Dafa)
Federated Church, The
Flying Spaghetti Monster
FoundationChurch of the New Birth
Foundation of Human Understanding
Friends of the Western Buddhist Order
Fundamentalism
Gurdjieff
Hank, of the unkissable bottom
Hasidism
Heaven's Gate
Ifa
Integral Yoga
InternationalChurch of the Foursquare Gospel
International Churches of Christ (aka: Boston Church of Christ)
International Society for Krishna Consciousness. (Or ISKCON)
Jesidin
Jesus Army or JesusFellowshipChurch
Kashmiri Shaivism
Kemetic Orthodoxy
Kemeticism (and Kemetic Orthodoxy)
Knights of Columbus
Ku Klux Klan
Landmark Missionary Baptists (ABA and BMAA )
Latter Rain
Life Spring or Lifespring
Lingayat or Veerashaiva
Macumba
Manichaeism
Maronites
Matrixism
Meher Baba (born Merwan Shehariarji Irani)
Messianic Jewish Alliance of America
Mithraism
MOVE
MSIA
Murabitun
Nation of Yahweh (aka: Church of Love)
Nazarene
Nazism
New Age
New Age Christians
New Jews
NichirenShoshuAcademy
Nogardianism
Objectivism
Old Catholics/ Old Roman Catholics
Opus Dei (Roman Catholic order/sect)
Pantheism
Pashtunwali
Phoenicians
Pilgrims of Ares, The
Popular Culture Satanism
Post Modernism
Promise Keepers, The
Protestantism
The Process (The ProcessChurch of the Final Judgment)
The Restoration Movement
The Temple of Love
The Temple of Thelema
The Toronto Blessing
The Toronto Craze
The United Church of Religious Science.
The Way of Yo
Transcendental Meditation (TM)
UFO Cults
United Church of Christ...

Snoopy.

A mixture I suppose; cults, religions, belief systems, depending on your definitions and view points. If you're not in it it's a cult, if you're in it it's your life. Bit like one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Maybe you could be a Mystical Bottom?

Just a thought.;)

s

I doubt anyone who has talked to me much will be shocked much.
1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
2. Orthodox Quaker (98%)
3. Seventh Day Adventist (91%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (90%)
5. Roman Catholic (90%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (70%)
7. Islam (56%)
8. Orthodox Judaism (56%)
9. Hinduism (53%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (47%)
11. Liberal Quakers (46%)
12. Bah�'� Faith (43%)
13. Jehovah's Witness (42%)
14. Jainism (41%)
15. Unitarian Universalism (36%)
16. Mahayana Buddhism (34%)
17. Theravada Buddhism (34%)
18. Reform Judaism (28%)
19. Sikhism (27%)
20. Nontheist (25%)
21. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (23%)
22. New Age (18%)
23. Neo-Pagan (18%)
24. Scientology (16%)
25. Secular Humanism (15%)
26. Taoism (15%)
27. New Thought (12%)

1. Hinduism (100%) 2. Bahá'í Faith (98%) 3. Mahayana Buddhism (96%) 4. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (95%) 5. Theravada Buddhism (82%) 6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (81%) 7. Liberal Quakers (80%) 8. Unitarian Universalism (77%) 9. Taoism (71%) 10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (70%)

:eek:
In some questions I felt torn between what I want to believe and what I really believe.
I tried several iterations tweaking my answers, but I must admit that the top ten didn't change that much at all!

It seems the test has at least one error in it. So far everyone I've seen is in agreement with something 100%....this alone seems unlikely. What I do like is the indication that even down to the bottom of each of our lists...we do have some common ground in which to have a discussion, even if it is only 10-20%.

Hahahaha!!! Belief-O-Matic??

I hate tests. I hate labels. LOL. But I needed a diversion tonight and any reason to post.

Belief-O-Matic? :D

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%) 2. Orthodox Quaker (90%) 3. Unitarian Universalism (90%) 4. Liberal Quakers (88%) 5. Bahá'í Faith (83%) 6. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (77%) 7. Reform Judaism (68%) 8. New Age (66%) 9. Mahayana Buddhism (64%) 10. Neo-Pagan (64%) 11. Theravada Buddhism (63%) 12. Sikhism (62%) 13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (62%) 14. Seventh Day Adventist (60%) 15. Orthodox Judaism (58%) 16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (57%) 17. Eastern Orthodox (55%) 18. Roman Catholic (55%) 19. New Thought (53%) 20. Islam (52%) 21. Scientology (48%) 22. Jainism (45%) 23. Taoism (42%) 24. Secular Humanism (42%) 25. Jehovah's Witness (41%) 26. Hinduism (38%) 27. Nontheist (26%)

Back