Baha`i:Islam::Christianity:Judaism

Lets see how far matrixism actually goes. If it’s of God or the divine it will flourish if not it will decay and your argument will be proven wrong.

Damn now I'm using Baha'i tactics.

Actually those are much the same words Queen Victoria answered Baha`u'llah's letter with.

Regards,
Scott

BuzzLY said:
Please spare us. The only reason the latter does not war more against the former is that they are smaller in numbers. Judaism is responsible for more than its share of religious wars against others and even against themselves.
rather than making generalised accusations of such an unpleasant nature please provide examples. i'm not talking about the book of joshua and taking biblical translations literally here - i'm talking about judaism as it was designed to be practised. to my knowledge there have been no such religious wars in recorded history.

In terms of a propensity for inculcating war Jewish scripture is second only that of Islam.
charming. i don't think you have the least idea about how "jewish scripture" actually works. it is impossible to have a religiously sanctioned war in judaism since the time of solomon in the absence of prophecy, a functional and religiously observant king and priestly/Temple establishment. you only have to read "jewish scripture" to see how this has not been the case for virtually all the kings of israel, judah and judea. likewise, you only have to know a small amount of our oral tradition to know that the priestly/Temple establishment has been grossly impaired since the destruction of the first Temple in 586 CE and prophecy ceased before the destruction of the second Temple. consequently, even if we wanted to make religious war, we lack the authority. i believe i have already pointed out to you that we lack the inclination.

so basically, your argument seems to be "well, you would oppress people religiously if you could, but you can't, so you don't." in other words, give a dog a bad name and hang him. you haven't provided any evidence for this viewpoint other than your opinion. the fact is that conversion to judaism is not a requirement and indeed is positively discouraged and without the insecurity that drives one to insist that others must convert to one's own way of thinking the idea that judaism requires oppression of the other simply doesn't stack up.

as it says in the Oral Law (of which you seem to be ignorant):

"the righteous amongst the nations have a portion in the world to come".

b'shalom

bananabrain

I guess meat puppets stick to their own?

Regards,
Scott

i look forward to your reaction, postmaster, when "matrixism" attempts to evangelise in the heartland of greek orthodoxy.

I had no problem when Mc Donald’s arrived.

One thing I've always admired about Judaism is it's air of sober reflection and respect for opinion. No matter how bitter the contention on any topic, they remain brothers in faith. This union from many opinions is most admirable.

Regards,
Scott

what a well-chosen metaphor. has anyone noticed that microsoft's upgrades overwhelm you with their plethora of overdesigned features whilst failing to deliver any really convincing benefits? that's without even mentioning the new bugs they've created in the process? yet we still surf pretty much the way we always did without using any technology that was the exclusive revelation, sorry, invention of microsoft.

And which version of internet explorer are you using? The latest ones come with upgrade hacker and virus protection. My metaphor is a good one and now you have resorted to a petty argument. There is few reasons why one would hold on to the old explorer, maybe they are financially and socially tied up to it and so constantly keep adding patches so they can carry on. That applies to all religions and probably any organization in general. Some people are forced into the new and some people keep the old with force. Which one is better?

I think Judaism is a bit more like the linux OS. It's all more open-sourced, different people have created their own versions some users prefer over others with different interfaces and emphasis on better performance in different areas. When there are bugs in the system, everybody is able to do work on it, and the different systems and can integrate some of the work of other people in ways that work well with the way they've setup the OS.

Microsoft is a company that's run by a particular organization. It is not okay to hack it or try and make your own version. If you want to run microsoft, you have to get the version they liscense. There are no alternatives if you don't like the interface without adding additional programming on top, which usually slows down the computer because it's not integrated into the OS. I'm not comparing any religion to Microsoft, but I do not think that a giant, monolithic, faceless corporate entity is what you want to be comparing something you care about to. And even the most current windows OS is more susceptible to viruses than a mac or a computer running linux. Blame bad code from the start, and lots of patches that never addressed the real issue. It was always pretty flawed software. Now microsoft is going to be releasing a new OS that "surprise" looks more like a mac, and is also taking some "under the hood" cues from its competitors. But enough about computers. This stopped being about religion a few sentences into my post. lol

Dauer

Leaving the metaphor stricftly aside, the reason that Mac and OS do not have the same kind of virus problems is because those who write viruses for fun have no interest in reaching a niche market when the real market is in Windows operating systems, why play for the Philly audience when Broadway is waiting.

Regards,
Scott

The further you stretch a metaphor, the more likely it is to snap.

Of course, I feel the essential spiritual beliefs are repeated from Revelation to Revelation. The change is miniscule from one to the next. For instance, Islam directs the time of prayer and the form of prayer and requires that those prayers should be said in congregation. Baha`u'llah offers a choice of prayers with the ranges of time of the day which are appropriate to the prayer and says pray in private. Both require prayer, only the forms are changed.

Regards,
Scott

Scott,

Leaving the metaphor stricftly aside, the reason that Mac and OS do not have the same kind of virus problems is because those who write viruses for fun have no interest in reaching a niche market when the real market is in Windows operating systems, why play for the Philly audience when Broadway is waiting.

That's not the only reason. The Linus and OS X operating systems are also more stable, and harder to create viruses for. If we were talking about OS 9 on the mac, then your reason would pretty much sum it up. But now that the mac's operating system is unix-based, it introduced further difficulties to the would-be hacker. And yet another problem, for the mac, is that now we have powerpc and intel macs. They both function a little differently. The new programs being released that are universal to both, are essentially packets that contain the info each will need to be able to process. So if a virus-maker decides to create a mac virus, they have to decide whether to target the existing large user base, the powerpc community, or the newly developing intel. That is really just an extension of the point you made, but an important one. Another point, symantec tried to develop a virus for the mac os. They they put their top guns at it. The virus could not be communicated from computer to computer (not really a virus), and there was text in the code indicating that all the work was "not worth it."

Dauer

but judaism is not just about prayer. in fact, prayer is quite a small part of what we are supposed to be concerned with doing. it is about an approach to living and a way of doing our everyday tasks, even going to the toilet.

b'shalom

bananabrain

but judaism is not just about prayer. in fact, prayer is quite a small part of what we are supposed to be concerned with doing. it is about an approach to living and a way of doing our everyday tasks, even going to the toilet.

b'shalom

bananabrain

"Prayer" was just an example. Offer some others and let's see how they work out in the same manner.

Regards,
Scott

Back