Question abt Christianity as a monotheist religion

a.adel

Reaction score
Ok, i really do not mean to offend anyone here, but if got a question about Christianity..
If it is a monotheist religion.. how come it associates Jesus with God...e.g. he is the son of God (to me i think God is above having a son).. or even as somebody on another thread said.. God on earth..? if anyone can clarify this for me id be really thankful :) and again im not attacking anyone, n wudnt mind being proven wrong. thnx

Ok, i really do not mean to offend anyone here, but if got a question about Christianity..
If it is a monotheist religion.. how come it associates Jesus with God...e.g. he is the son of God (to me i think God is above having a son).. or even as somebody on another thread said.. God on earth..? if anyone can clarify this for me id be really thankful :) and again im not attacking anyone, n wudnt mind being proven wrong. thnx
There exist a variety of Christians.

Those that believe in the trinity, believe Jesus was G-d incarnate on earth, Father, Son, Holy Ghost all one being One G-d, monotheistic.

Some believe Jesus to be Son of G-d, created by G-d as our saviour, so not G-d, so one G-d, monotheistic.

Some believe Jesus to be a human that discovered the full potential of what humans can be and with his growth in spiritual understanding described himself as Son of G-d and Son of Man, and one of G-d's children, and us as G-d's children, monotheistic.

There could be many more distinctions, but I think most Christians believe in monotheism...

ooooh k....... interesting, i only got that question because of a christian friend of mine.. who, wenever we talk about religion says that jesus is god.. n the only way to paradise is through jesus. Thanks alot :)

ooooh k....... interesting, i only got that question because of a christian friend of mine.. who, wenever we talk about religion says that jesus is god.. n the only way to paradise is through jesus. Thanks alot :)

Man, this is hard to put into words!

I believe that the trinity (three-in-one) always existed and that what's known as God the Father "came down" to coexist in a human Jesus (God the Son).

So I think Jesus sometimes (speaking as his human self) spoke of himself as God's son (as we all are) and sometimes (speaking as God) spoke of himself in terms of "I and the father are one", etc.

(thought continued)

So I believe in one God. He does not have a son in terms of...uh...making somebody pregnant and being their child's dad.

...spoke of himself as God's son (as we all are) and sometimes (speaking as God) spoke of himself in terms of "I and the father are one", etc.
the big difference is we as humans are created beings from dust, that the creator made with his own hands and breathed life into. the creator always existed eternally with god as god and was sent to us as the saviour jesus christ.

the big difference is we as humans are created beings from dust, that the creator made with his own hands and breathed life into. the creator always existed eternally with god as god and was sent to us as the saviour jesus christ.

Absolutely!

IMO, The human aspect of Jesus was well aware of the divine aspect and vice versa.

What part of you is you? Your body, your mind or your spirit? Answer I presume would be all three...

There are three parts to you, but all belong to one that is you. Without all three parts of you working together it is said that one is not whole. One whole yet three distinct parts of that whole.

We instinctively understand this as we apply it with every relationship we have. First we are attracted to the physical, then we get to know the mental, and finally we become accustomed to the spiritual of an individual. Or, we learn about the mental through writings or other media, then meet the physical and then learn about the spiritual.

The point is, there are three parts to each of us, which are unique to us as a whole. Each part is us, but the combination of the three is also us.

Hence God the Father is God, God the Holy Spirit is God and Jesus the Son of God is God. And they all combine to form God.

Ironically the "split" of the three personages to form God is strictly for man's benefit. To the rest of the universe there is but one, that is God. But the difference is what that God did for man (put on the mantle of humanity, suffered and allowed death to claim His coporial form, but not Him).

Of all the religions, only one has a representation of God on earth and in heaven and throughout the universe all at the same time (omnipresent).

As revered as Mohummad is, he can not lay claim to that, as he is not God, and his bones lie in the dust somewhere. Neither can Abraham, or Moses.

Only Jesus lays claim to defeating death, and showing the way to life everlasting within proximity to God the Father. No other religion claims that man can be with the Father, none. Paradise is about as close as anyone can get without Jesus (my opinion). Paradise and Heaven are two different Ball Parks...

I personally do not want first, second or third base. I'm batting for the bleacher seats in deep center field.

These are my own thoughts, and not subject to doctrinal scrutiny. ;)

v/r

Joshua

p.s. welcome to CR :)

I like the illustration of the ant lover:

There was a young boy who lived on a farm and loves ants. Everyday, he would go out an observe this ant hill as the ants conducted their business of storing food for the winter.

One day, the boy's father was plowing the fields and decided to plow right into the path of the ant hill. So he point the tractor in the direct path of the ant hill. The boy was terrified and yell and screamed for the ants to get out of the way, but the ants ignored the boy and went about their business. No matter how dire the warnings the boy proclamin to the ants, the message just wouldn't get to them.

As the tractor was nigh unto the ant hill, the boy decided that the only way that he could communicate properly to the ant was to become an ant himself. So he turned himself to an ant and was able to give the meesage to the ants just in time before the tractor destroyed the ant hill.

I know I paraphrased this story and realize that thre are particulars that problematic with the story, but I think that you can get the jist of what God did in coming down to earth as a Man to lead us away from destruction of our sins. I believe that God is showing us how to live in the example of Christ and that if we follow Him, we too will find Life in Him. Jesus lived by the Spirit of God, so it is in that regard that we need to live in Christ.

Would it not be logical to assume then that Adam is son of God?

No, because Aedam was not eternal. He was created by God and given the breath of life and became a living soul.

Jesus, OTOH, came down from heaven and became Man:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." - Philippians 2:5-8

Jesus existed before He became a flesh and blood human being.

John 3:13 No man has ascended to heaven but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father, and your Father, and to my God and your God.'"

I am a Son of God, and a Son of Man, and I have so far assumed that everyone else is too. Maybe it was the prayer, "Our Father who art in heaven..." But it fits my deepest understandings.

John 3:13 No man has ascended to heaven but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father, and your Father, and to my God and your God.'"

I am a Son of God, and a Son of Man, and I have so far assumed that everyone else is too. Maybe it was the prayer, "Our Father who art in heaven..." But it fits my deepest understandings.

Yeah, but we are adopted, Jesus was biological.

That kind of makes you wonder: who were we adopted from? :confused:

That's easy.

"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" - Col 1:12-14

"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." - Romans 8:15-23

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." - I John 3:1-2

I have no knowledge of any adoption or redemption for any flesh. I think Paul invented a bit of his understanding. I have no knowledge of choosing this set of genes, and neither do my parents. I do not consider the flesh worthy of heaven and I will be elated to jettison it someday just like everyone else... regardless of my fate and God's judgement. I like the body like I do a car... the driver is far more important and the car is going to get scrapped. In the air a car is worthless. Under the sea an aircraft is worthless. On land a submarine is worthless. In the same way, as I read Jesus in John, flesh is useless in heaven. A different set of physics altogether. It might be necessary in hell though... so careful what you wish for. Whether it is the driver or the car that needs the cleaning... probably both. The flesh is on fire and is continually burning.

As shown with Job... it is not skin for skin. So lets not judge the driver by the car or the person by the flesh. I don't give a rip what genes Jesus had... it is irrelevant. If he were a girl, a half-midget, with birth defects, born from a prostitute who didn't know who the father was... it doesn't really matter to me and I'm certain it is not what mattered to him.

Back