Anti-

YO,

Did you mean to place the OP here in Abrahamic Religions?

Just wondering, because I don't think it is really an Islamic or Judaic concept. I might be wrong, though.

Anyway, here is what I can say at the moment about the AntiChrist:

InPeace,
InLove :D

YO,

Did you mean to place the OP here in Abrahamic Religions?

Just wondering, because I don't think it is really an Islamic or Judaic concept. I might be wrong, though.

Anyway, here is what I can say at the moment about the AntiChrist:

InPeace,
InLove :D

LOL......

I am laughing so hard right now, i can barely type....

Daps on that In love....

John speaks of the spirit of antichrist. Perhaps this can open up discussion:

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - I John 4:3

What does this mean to you?

I am very apprehensive about the placement of this thread. But maybe I underestimate our abilities here to understand one another.

That said, I know my opinion here is not going to be extremely popular with many Christians, but I will say this much: I think that if we are to determine the deepest meaning of the spirit of antichrist, then we must, must look within ourselves first. Then I think it becomes clearer.

Now I've gone and dunnit, haven't I?

Oh well....

InPeace,
InLove

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." - I John 4:3

This is pretty clear I think. There must be some underlying politics because the author is basically slapping anyone who doesn't believe in a flesh and blood manifestation of Christ. Sounds like bad blood between various Christian sects.

Chris

John speaks of the spirit of antichrist. Perhaps this can open up discussion:

What does this mean to you?

It could be that this means that those who have heard of Christ, and have understood his ways, and still resist that he was of God (God's son), is the anti Christ spirit. This is the spirit that resists the father, which was made manifest in his flesh. To deny that Jesus Christ was of God, once heard and understood is to deny that Spirit which was in him.

2. By this you know the spirit of God: That every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ in the flesh has come of God, is of God. 3. And every spirt which does not confess that Jesus is of God, is not of God; this is the spirit of the AntiChrist which you heard is coming and now is in the world already.

|1722| By
|5129| this
|1097| know
|3588| the
|4151| Spirit
|3588| of
|2316| God:
|3956| Every
|4151| spirit
|3739| which
|3670| confesses
|2424| Jesus
|5547| Christ
|1722| in
|9999| {the}
|4561| flesh
|2064| having come
|1537| of
|3588| -
|2316| God
|2076| is.
|2532| And
|3956| every
|4151| spirit
|3739| which
|3361| not
|3670| does confess
|3588| -
|2424| Jesus
|1537| of
|3588| -
|2316| God
|3756| not
|2076| is.
|2532| And
|5124| this
|2076| is
|3588| the
|3588| -
|0500| antichrist
|3739| which
|0191| you heard
|3754| that
|2064| he is coming
|2532| and
|3568| now
|1722| in
|3588| the
|2889| world
|2076| is
|2235| already.

THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT THE ANTICHRIST

“Young children, it is the last hour [evidently the end of the apostolic period], and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists.”1 JOHN 2 ;18

“Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”1 JOHN 2;22

“Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.”1 JOHN 4;3

“Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”2 JOHN ;7

THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT THE ANTICHRIST

“Young children, it is the last hour [evidently the end of the apostolic period], and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now there have come to be many antichrists.”1 JOHN 2 ;18

(Many antichrists) So who is he is he one person are the many

“Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”1 JOHN 2;22

Here you use Who (one) is the liar. That denies christ. Many denies christ
This is the antichrist. Again Who (the one)This is the antichrist. (Many) denies christ Many This door is wide open it can be anybody are many bodies.

“Every inspired expression that does not confess Jesus does not originate with God. Furthermore, this is the antichrist’s inspired expression which you have heard was coming, and now it is already in the world.”1 JOHN 4;3

“Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”2 JOHN ;7

you use the word Many and persons then you say This is the deceiver the antichrist Persons many then this ONE. Who the many and the persons (plural) then the (ONE)

Antichrist​
Definition:​
Antichrist means against or instead of Christ. The term applies to all who deny what the Bible says about Jesus Christ, all who oppose his Kingdom, and all who mistreat his followers. It also includes individuals, organizations, and nations that falsely claim to represent Christ or that improperly ascribe to themselves the role of Messiah.​

Labeled 'Antichrist' Survival Guide

Although it may be difficult to decipher from I & II John exactly what antichrist *means*, I John is extremely helpful if you just want to make sure you're not the antichrist! If you just want to know for certain that you are *definitely not antichrist*, then never in any way claim to be perfect or authoritative. It may not explain to you John's test for antichrist or what proper christianity is, but it definitely proves you aren't antichristian.

Back